United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 29-06-2010, 11:36 AM
magic_cantona

Default Re: Roy Keane

I love Keane, in my top 5 United players and always will be.I admire the way he says exactly what he's thinking rather than bullshit his way through life just to please people.BUT this 'it wasn't Capello's fault' line is a bit that I'll disagree with.

He picked an unbalanced side, had no plan b and stuck to a rigid formation even though it wasn't working. Bent ( people scoff at the mere mentiopn of his name) had a much better season than Heskey for starters.He took no left winger - baffling.And you could go on, so the majority of the debacle was his own fault.

Unread 29-06-2010, 12:14 PM
Tumescent Throb

well done to loew then for identifying the counter-attack as a possible area his team might wish to exploit.

it is important to point out that capello favours the system that has brought him much success all over europe. he was handicapped by the form, fitness and particularly the availability of the players he had at his disposal. He was also considerably hampered by their lack of focus on the job in hand (as oppose to their apparent focus on the hype surrounding it during a frankly very poor quality league season leading all the way into the start of the competition proper). And not least by their lack of bottle, which was yet again on full view. imo.

anyway, we'll see what happens next. maybe they'll release the manager. or maybe they'll let him loose to bring hart, agbonlahor and wiltshire through and we can go through all this %@#$&!s again in 2012. and before anyone starts, i don't give a £#%&! what formation england use in brazil in 2014, they'll do well to make it out of the group

Unread 29-06-2010, 02:05 PM
The Return of JC

Quote:
Originally Posted by taff
tbh england are trapped so far in a vicious circle it's difficult to see how they'll emerge from it. the infrastructure, the unprofessionalism, the psychology, the relationship to the media and the parochial, naive attitude to the international game as a whole have all brought this about, and those factors are so far entrenched it's doubtful they'll overcome them in the near future. we're talking a generational shift rather than a short-term one, no matter what the promises of 'root and branch restructuring' and the like.

someone like keane would have done his nut in a set-up like that. and rightly so.
This part of the thread is correct.

England are rotten from top to bottom. It's not about Capello or certain individuals because it's happened for decades. There's something inherently wrong and that needs to be acknowledged before we can start addressing it.

For starters, I don't want to hear any England player or managing saying 'we can win the world cup/european championship'. Lower the expectations. Admit you have a problem and go back to square one.

Oh, and destroy all the media.

Unread 29-06-2010, 02:09 PM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Return of JC
This part of the thread is correct.

England are rotten from top to bottom. It's not about Capello or certain individuals because it's happened for decades. There's something inherently wrong and that needs to be acknowledged before we can start addressing it.

For starters, I don't want to hear any England player or managing saying 'we can win the world cup/european championship'. Lower the expectations. Admit you have a problem and go back to square one.

Oh, and destroy all the media.
spot on

once you do that then people will slowly learn to focus on the positives instead of just the negatives all the time

Unread 29-06-2010, 05:30 PM
wonky no

he started off by not blaming the manager then mentioned that the players who went wern't good enough, which is the managers fault.

if keane was still playing and that was the same scenario in the irish camp he would blame the manager for taking inept/unfit players.

basically he talks crap.

Unread 29-06-2010, 06:43 PM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
Originally Posted by wonky no
he started off by not blaming the manager then mentioned that the players who went wern't good enough, which is the managers fault
yeah okay

Unread 29-04-2011, 06:45 AM
Sandman

Latest interview with Keano, mostly about United.

http://s291.photobucket.com/albums/l...Tips280411.mp4

Unread 29-04-2011, 07:52 AM
elephantstone

One of the greatest.

Unread 05-09-2011, 12:00 PM
Pop

Hmmm....

Quote:
Roy Keane is a leading contender to be the new manager of the Iceland national team.

The 40-year-old Manchester United and Republic of Ireland legend has been out of work since January when he was sacked by Ipswich after a disappointing 20 months in charge.

Keane is understood to have already held talks with the Icelandic Football Association and is set to watch Tuesday’s Euro 2012 qualifier against Cyprus in Reykjavik.

The Icelandic authorities are looking for a replacement for current boss Olafur Johannesson, who is due to leave next month after four years in the post.

Unread 05-09-2011, 12:12 PM
Baron

Perfect candidate with his record of spending.

Unread 05-10-2011, 01:13 AM
red in cumbria

Odds apparently slashed on his becoming the next Forest manager

Unread 05-10-2011, 01:47 AM
elephantstone

Interviews tomorrow. You heard it hear first I know one guy who has been asked to interview. Apparently there are 12 interviewees and 3 that have been asked to apply two of which declined.

Unread 05-10-2011, 02:37 AM
M-13

Quote:
Originally Posted by treme
Still waiting for a few #@&%!s to start calling him a @#%&! etc.
Lovely bloke. And played for United. nft

Unread 05-10-2011, 07:15 AM
hopkins

Quote:
Originally Posted by elephantstone
Interviews tomorrow. You heard it hear first I know one guy who has been asked to interview. Apparently there are 12 interviewees and 3 that have been asked to apply two of which declined.
give us a clue

the clueless ones i work with think martin o'neill is the prime candidate

Unread 05-10-2011, 07:49 AM
borsuk

keane just isn't cut out to be a manager by the looks of things. how many chances does the guy need?

Unread 05-10-2011, 09:53 AM
The Return of JC

Quote:
Originally Posted by borsuk
keane just isn't cut out to be a manager by the looks of things. how many chances does the guy need?
As much as I'd like him to succeed (which isn't actually that much when I think about it), I don't see it either. I think he's too old school. I can't see him catering to all kinds of personalities in the modern game, and he could always just say '£#%&! this' and walk out at any time. His next appointment will be interesting. If he fails at that, I think he might jack management in all together.

Unread 05-10-2011, 10:39 AM
armchair

Quote:
Originally Posted by borsuk
Three?

Unread 05-10-2011, 10:42 AM
Zorg

He'll just stare at the interview panel until they give him the job out of fear.

Unread 05-10-2011, 11:19 AM
borsuk

Quote:
Originally Posted by armchair
Three?
i suspect that won't be enough

Unread 05-10-2011, 12:01 PM
tatty

If he had the right #2 then he might have a chance. It'd need to be some 'friendly uncle' type to counter-balance his swivel eyed loonyness.
Closed Thread