United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 28-06-2010, 11:05 PM
treme

Default Roy Keane

%@#$&!s to all the Titanic pictures etc. Searched for this and couldn't find anything.

Another example of the legend that is Roy Keane.

Unread 28-06-2010, 11:07 PM
red in cumbria

Default Re: Roy Keane

It's been mentioned on yesterday's huge match thread, koppas - but still, worth posting again

Have never understood the Keane-hate from some of our fans, tbh.

Unread 28-06-2010, 11:08 PM
treme

Quote:
Originally Posted by red in cumbria
It's been mentioned on yesterday's huge match thread, koppas - but still, worth posting again

Have never understood the Keane-hate from some of our fans, tbh.
It's all the 'toppest' reds that seem to wanna hate him.

Everything he says is always spot on.

Unread 28-06-2010, 11:09 PM
safingtons

Legend. Nqat.

Has there been a club that's produced as many controversial icons as United in recent history?

Unread 28-06-2010, 11:11 PM
treme

"... didn't have a great season"

"....didnt have a great season"

"....didnt have a great season"

Glad to see someone else just coming out and saying what people with a brain can see.

Unread 28-06-2010, 11:16 PM
rogieop

seems to have a soft spot for barry

Unread 28-06-2010, 11:17 PM
denis lawless

Thumbs up Re: Roy Keane

first name on any teamsheet of mine ....even if we're playing £#%&!ing ludo

Unread 28-06-2010, 11:18 PM
treme

Quote:
Originally Posted by denis lawless
Still waiting for a few #@&%!s to start calling him a @#%&! etc.

Switching Off

Quote:
Originally Posted by denis lawless
Is that your local team Den?

rogieop

anyone got the clip of united on preseason nad the lads are doing a table quiz? keaneo loses the plot and accuses people of cheating because he's losing..

believe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Switching Off
it's one of his mates

Unread 28-06-2010, 11:19 PM
Pop

Thumbs up Re: Roy Keane

Of the several dozen men I'd allow to bum me, Keane would be right at the top of the list.

Unread 28-06-2010, 11:19 PM
denis lawless

Quote:
huge local rivals

Unread 28-06-2010, 11:21 PM
treme

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pop
Of the several dozen men I'd allow to bum me, Keane would be right at the top of the list.
I reckon he'd be very rough.

Unread 28-06-2010, 11:25 PM
Switching Off

Quote:
Originally Posted by rogieop
anyone got the clip of united on preseason nad the lads are doing a table quiz? keaneo loses the plot and accuses people of cheating because he's losing..
no, but found this while looking for it

Unread 28-06-2010, 11:25 PM
Spiffy

Quote:
Originally Posted by treme
Still waiting for a few #@&%!s to start calling him a @#%&! etc.
Someone said earlier that they can't understand why Keane is hated. I don't think reds hate him, I just think that they have been disappointed with some of his comments since he left United. Telling Ronaldo to leave if he wanted was a good example. If Heinze had said that people would have gone ape shit.

There's no question that he was a great player and leader when he was at United. There is some disagreement about whether Keane was a great football player or a great man or both.

On the one hand he won pretty much everything at United and a lot would argue was responsible for us getting to the ECF in 99. On the other he hit some 16 year old kid didn't he? I'm not sure if that was dropped or not. Some Irish people apparently weren't impressed when he walked out of the world cup when he was arguably their best player. It's all about opinions which is why this place has so many arguments. But I don't think anyone would just say Roy Keane - @#%&!.

Unread 28-06-2010, 11:27 PM
treme

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiffy
Someone said earlier that they can't understand why Keane is hated. I don't think reds hate him, I just think that they have been disappointed with some of his comments since he left United. Telling Ronaldo to leave if he wanted was a good example. If Heinze had said that people would have gone ape shit.

There's no question that he was a great player and leader when he was at United. There is some disagreement about whether Keane was a great football player or a great man or both.

On the one hand he won pretty much everything at United and a lot would argue was responsible for us getting to the ECF in 99. On the other he hit some 16 year old kid didn't he? I'm not sure if that was dropped or not. Some Irish people apparently weren't impressed when he walked out of the world cup when he was arguably their best player. It's all about opinions which is why this place has so many arguments. But I don't think anyone would just say Roy Keane - @#%&!.
Waynes Ears would/does. Then again he is a bit simple.

As fo Ronaldo - it's fair enough, Ronaldo had won everything. I said the same thing.

As for the 16 year old kid - he probably deserved it.

As for the World Cup - Triggs needed walkies so he had to prioritise. Made the right call in my opinion.

Unread 28-06-2010, 11:36 PM
Spiffy

Quote:
Originally Posted by treme
Waynes Ears would/does. Then again he is a bit simple.

As fo Ronaldo - it's fair enough, Ronaldo had won everything. I said the same thing.

As for the 16 year old kid - he probably deserved it.

As for the World Cup - Triggs needed walkies so he had to prioritise. Made the right call in my opinion.
Agree re Ears, he's a fool.

Ronaldo, disagree. We were desperate for him to stay, as an ex-captain and one of the fans all time favourite players, it would have been nice to have heard his say something like "stay at United for as long as you can, you're playing so well partly because you're there. Or something similar to what Beckham said when they asked him about Rooney.

The 16 year old, let's be honest now. If Keane @#%&!ted some DJ in a club, we'd defend him. If Gerrard @#%&!ted a 16 year old kid for calling him a £#%&!er, we'd want Gerrard banged up.

As for the world cup, I don't have strong feelings about it one way or the other tbh.

Unread 28-06-2010, 11:41 PM
Switching Off

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiffy
Agree re Ears, he's a fool.

Ronaldo, disagree. We were desperate for him to stay, as an ex-captain and one of the fans all time favourite players, it would have been nice to have heard his say something like "stay at United for as long as you can, you're playing so well partly because you're there. Or something similar to what Beckham said when they asked him about Rooney.

The 16 year old, let's be honest now. If Keane @#%&!ted some DJ in a club, we'd defend him. If Gerrard @#%&!ted a 16 year old kid for calling him a £#%&!er, we'd want Gerrard banged up.

As for the world cup, I don't have strong feelings about it one way or the other tbh.
Yeah, would;ve been nice if Keane bigged us up for Ronaldo to hear, although he probably would still have left. Don't think Keane loves us as much as we love him though.

Legendary player, normal human being imo.

Unread 28-06-2010, 11:43 PM
Spiffy

Quote:
Yeah, would;ve been nice if Keane bigged us up for Ronaldo to hear, although he probably would still have left. Don't think Keane loves us as much as we love him though.

Legendary player, normal human being imo.
Same applies to Mark Hughes. It hurt me to have to hate him when he was City boss. Why can't they just pretend?
Closed Thread