United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 08-05-2010, 10:11 AM
MUFC One Love

Default Re: Ashley Cole being universally regarded as the world's best left back

Quote:
Originally Posted by treme
It wasn't just him but he was the straw that broke the camels back.

You always hear it on tv, people saying he is the world's best left back, read it in the rags online etc - just something that has always irritated me tbh.
Every player in the Englush team is 'world class' according to most pundits/journos and idiot England fans. Funny that, loads of world class players but they England never do owt at competitions...

Gareth £#%&!ing Barry in midfield at a World Cup? £#%&! off. Gerrard left wing, Lampard in a 2 man midfield and Heskey up front. Surely England should play a 4-4-1-1 with Gerrard behind Rooney if they want to win out?

Sorry for the rant on England but the whole 'world class' thing £#%&!s me off. Most other countries must piss their selves at us tbh.

Unread 08-05-2010, 10:20 AM
irk

Default Re: Ashley Cole being universally regarded as the world's best left back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiffy
Who's the fastest?

Have a look at what Cole has won, titles with Arsenal and Chelsea. He's first pick for England left back and would be in most countries. I'm not saying he's not a @#%&! but he does have talent. He's probably seen Cheryl starkers too, or at least in her underwear.
cole would be better at smuggling things into prison

Unread 08-05-2010, 10:23 AM
believe

What gets me when ever these two are compared is the way people seem to forget that they are defenders.

Unread 08-05-2010, 10:50 AM
mr.sitter

Quote:
Ashley Cole being universally regarded as the world's best left back
for this to be true you must first ask some beings from other planets

Unread 08-05-2010, 02:23 PM
Barracuda

If Cole is the best left back in the world, then how come Paddy has pretty much nailed down the spot in the PFA team of the season since he's been here?

Obviously the people who actually play the game are coming to a different conclusion to the press etc.

They each typify the team they play for and hopefully it stays like that, I wouldn't swap that tosser for King Paddy in a million years.

Unread 08-05-2010, 02:30 PM
Spiffy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimson
This seems an odd standard to use if we're comparing him to Evra. Evra has won more league titles plus a European Cup.
I'm not saying he's better than Evra, just that he has won a fair few trophies and that's why people rate him highly. I said at the start I preferred Evra.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barracuda
If Cole is the best left back in the world, then how come Paddy has pretty much nailed down the spot in the PFA team of the season since he's been here?

Obviously the people who actually play the game are coming to a different conclusion to the press etc.

They each typify the team they play for and hopefully it stays like that, I wouldn't swap that tosser for King Paddy in a million years.

There's the killer quote to anyone on an Everton message board. The professional players rate Evra higher than Cole.

Unread 08-05-2010, 02:32 PM
Sparky***

Ashley cole is a very good left back. Deffo in the world's top 3.

For me, evra is the best - but that's just my opinion.

Unread 08-05-2010, 02:35 PM
Spiffy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
Ashley cole is a very good left back. Deffo in the world's top 3.

For me, evra is the best - but that's just my opinion.
And we all value your opinion, Sparky. You're a legend on here.

Pray tell, who is the other in the 'top 3'?

Unread 08-05-2010, 02:44 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiffy
And we all value your opinion, Sparky. You're a legend on here.

Pray tell, who is the other in the 'top 3'?
Probably capdevila or Filipe.

Unread 08-05-2010, 02:47 PM
Spiffy

Quote:
Your footballing knowledge knows no bounds. I've no idea if they're any good or not, I bow to your awesomeness.

Unread 08-05-2010, 03:02 PM
Appletango

Too hard to call for me.

As much as Cole is a @#%&!, he is a very good player. Ronaldo will probably tell you he's the toughest full back he's played against.

We had the same debate in the pub a few weeks ago.

Unread 08-05-2010, 03:03 PM
Appletango

Quote:
Gotta stick Lahm in there too if were still counting him as a left back.

Unread 08-05-2010, 07:03 PM
thenorthwillriseagain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Appletango
Too hard to call for me.

As much as Cole is a @#%&!, he is a very good player. Ronaldo will probably tell you he's the toughest full back he's played against.

We had the same debate in the pub a few weeks ago.
has ronaldo played against paddy though?

Unread 08-05-2010, 07:46 PM
History

Quote:
Originally Posted by thenorthwillriseagain
has ronaldo played against paddy though?
In training, but Ronaldo wouldnt go anywhere near him as paddy said "If you do any tricks, i'll break your legs"

Trying to think of the quote and i think he did actually threaten to break his legs

Unread 08-05-2010, 09:18 PM
Zorg

There's no doubt he's a brilliant player, #@&%! or not, but I can't help thinking there's an element of the 'two journos declare it, so it must be true' going on. Like with Gareth Barry and Shay Given, suddenly everyone says they're world class and when you express doubt they think you're insane.
Closed Thread