United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 08-05-2010, 12:12 AM
treme

Thumbs down Ashley Cole being universally regarded as the world's best left back

From another forum:

Quote:
I hate Cashley and contrary to some people I am an Everton supporter, but the geezer is in a different league to Evra or anybody else in that position imo.
I, honestly, just can't get my way around this and many other people's thinking.

Unread 08-05-2010, 12:17 AM
treme

Default Re: Ashley Cole being universally regarded as the world's best left back

Just don't see it myself.

Unread 08-05-2010, 12:21 AM
Switching Off

Default Re: Ashley Cole being universally regarded as the world's best left back

World class imho, obviously a complete and utter ballbag of a human being. Not much difference between him and Evra, except Evra is £#%&!ing mental

Unread 08-05-2010, 12:24 AM
History

I would say the only thing he has over Paddy, is his crossing other than that Patrice shits on him from a great height.

Unread 08-05-2010, 12:41 AM
Spiffy

Quote:
Originally Posted by History
I would say the only thing he has over Paddy, is his crossing other than that Patrice shits on him from a great height.
Who's the fastest?

Have a look at what Cole has won, titles with Arsenal and Chelsea. He's first pick for England left back and would be in most countries. I'm not saying he's not a @#%&! but he does have talent. He's probably seen Cheryl starkers too, or at least in her underwear.

Unread 08-05-2010, 12:45 AM
Coracao

Great player.

As is Evra.

Don't see the reasoning behind the constant £#%&!stains who feel they need to prove one is better than other (which goes for many players...)

Unread 08-05-2010, 01:16 AM
Switching Off

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiffy
Who's the fastest?

Have a look at what Cole has won, titles with Arsenal and Chelsea. He's first pick for England left back and would be in most countries. I'm not saying he's not a @#%&! but he does have talent. He's probably seen Cheryl starkers too, or at least in her underwear.
Not yet he hasnt

Unread 08-05-2010, 01:25 AM
Spiffy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Switching Off
Not yet he hasnt
Well shut my mouth. I didn't check because I thought he'd been there when they won the league. I stand corrected. I wasn't doing a Safingtons and declaring them Champions in September.

Unread 08-05-2010, 01:26 AM
Stickman

Evra edges him from me through his consistency and abilite to dominate the left wing.

Unread 08-05-2010, 01:30 AM
History

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coracao

Don't see the reasoning behind the constant £#%&!stains who feel they need to prove one is better than other (which goes for many players...)
"Oooh look at me im too good for a football debate on a football forum"

Unread 08-05-2010, 01:31 AM
treme

Quote:
Originally Posted by History
"Oooh look at me im too good for a football debate on a football forum"
This.

Unread 08-05-2010, 01:49 AM
MrBishi

Quote:
Originally Posted by treme
From another forum:

I, honestly, just can't get my way around this and many other people's thinking.
I like the way you regard the opinion of a random Everton fan as indicative of the entire world.

There's definitely been an overreaction somewhere around here, but I can't quite spot where.

Unread 08-05-2010, 02:06 AM
treme

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBishi
I like the way you regard the opinion of a random Everton fan as indicative of the entire world.

There's definitely been an overreaction somewhere around here, but I can't quite spot where.
It wasn't just him but he was the straw that broke the camels back.

You always hear it on tv, people saying he is the world's best left back, read it in the rags online etc - just something that has always irritated me tbh.

Unread 08-05-2010, 02:24 AM
MrBishi

If it's a universal opinion, what's the problem? If you hold an opinion and everybody else holds another, there's a good chance you're wrong.

Even if it's simply the great majority - which seems to be the case, to be fair - the point still stands. If the title has to be handed out, then he's a decent candidate.

Unread 08-05-2010, 03:15 AM
treme

Quote:
If it's a universal opinion, what's the problem? If you hold an opinion and everybody else holds another, there's a good chance you're wrong.

Even if it's simply the great majority - which seems to be the case, to be fair - the point still stands. If the title has to be handed out, then he's a decent candidate.
Fair play.

Unread 08-05-2010, 04:33 AM
Barcabal

Quote:
but the geezer is in a different league to Evra or anybody else in that position imo
[IMG] Uploaded with ImageShack.us[/IMG]

Unread 08-05-2010, 04:59 AM
Grimson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiffy
Have a look at what Cole has won, titles with Arsenal and Chelsea. He's first pick for England left back and would be in most countries.
This seems an odd standard to use if we're comparing him to Evra. Evra has won more league titles plus a European Cup.

Quote:

It's the universal or majority opinion in England, because he plays in England. I doubt he's held in the same regard internationally. Have any continental clubs ever sniffed around him?

Unread 08-05-2010, 08:14 AM
borsuk

cole is a very good player but he's inevitably overhyped in the english media because (a) he's english and (b) he plays for a london club. still, he and evra are certainly two of the best around in their position. lahm is as good as either, of course, and capdevila is as good as anybody on his day.

Unread 08-05-2010, 08:32 AM
thrills_pills_bellyaches

Quote:
Originally Posted by borsuk
cole is a very good player but he's inevitably overhyped in the english media because (a) he's english and (b) he plays for a london club. still, he and evra are certainly two of the best around in their position. lahmis as good as either, of course, and capdevila is as good as anybody on his day.
top top player....the @#%&!

Unread 08-05-2010, 10:07 AM
TripDownMiseryLane

Cole is a fine fine player but if he ever turned up at ot in the shirt I'd puke my ring, whereas paddy is the best signing weve made for many a year.
Closed Thread