United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 25-04-2010, 01:49 PM
red in cumbria

Default Re: Javier Hernandez: I almost quit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liu Jian
We're struggling already relatively speaking tbh - when you've lost more games in the league than shit like Villa and City it's a worry.
Just to put it in perspective, we have lost 7 - City/Villa (and Chelsea) have lost 6........

There is a reason for that, you know. They are both very defensively minded teams who set themselves up, above all, not to lose. That is not how we play (with thankfully rare exceptions) and never will be

Oh, and we have also won more games than anybody else too. Not bad given we are so "shit"

Unread 25-04-2010, 01:56 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
Yes, but every post he makes is a facetious remark about United's transfer policy these days.
So? He's well within his rights to do so given how money that should be used on the team is being ploughed into the black hole of unmanageable debt.

Unread 25-04-2010, 01:57 PM
Liu Jian

Quote:
Originally Posted by red in cumbria
Just to put it in perspective, we have lost 7 - City/Villa (and Chelsea) have lost 6........

There is a reason for that, you know. They are both very defensively minded teams who set themselves up, above all, not to lose. That is not how we play (with thankfully rare exceptions) and never will be

Oh, and we have also won more games than anybody else too. Not bad given we are so "shit"
So 7 defeats is good then.

Unread 25-04-2010, 01:58 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
So? He's well within his rights to do so given how money that should be used on the team is being ploughed into the black hole of unmanageable debt.
Yeah, but every £#%&!ing post?

It's not like we are doing anything different to what we have always done in the Transfer Market.

Unread 25-04-2010, 01:58 PM
Sullingtons

He'll be £#%&!.

Unread 25-04-2010, 02:00 PM
Sparky***

Quote:

It's not like we are doing anything different to what we have always done in the Transfer Market.
Let's not go there mate. It'll just end in bitter squabbling and I don't like it.

Unread 25-04-2010, 02:04 PM
dunk

Quote:
Let's not go there mate. It'll just end in bitter squabbling and I don't like it.
You're £#%&!ing ace at it tbf.

What I say is true though. Remember the signings we made off the back of the treble? When we were at our peak in wealth terms. Quinton Fortune, Massimo Taibi and Mikael Silvestre.

It's always been the same. Strange, cheap squad signings most of the time, the occasional summer with one or two big money signings, almost never 'superstars', despite the price.

Unread 25-04-2010, 02:05 PM
MUFC One Love

Quote:

Quote:
Agreed. Dunk thinks United are fine, quite a few think United needed investment in the team last summer, nevermind the one coming up. Let's leave it at that.

Unread 25-04-2010, 02:08 PM
MUFC One Love

Quote:

What I say is true though. Remember the signings we made off the back of the treble? When we were at our peak in wealth terms. Quinton Fortune, Massimo Taibi and Mikael Silvestre.

It's always been the same. Strange, cheap squad signings most of the time, the occasional summer with one or two big money signings, almost never 'superstars', despite the price.
That's the thing dunk, it's not about signing 'superstars', that guarantees £#%&! all, we know that, look at Madrid ffs. But we're talking about wanting quality signings, not filling out squad with 'maybe' players who won't be given much of a chance, especially with the way the squad is. People like Diouf, Hernandez, Macheda would develop in a more steady team. We need to sort the main part of the team out and the development of the younger players will come on. It's clear we need 2-3 quality signings imo. Players who will make an impact now.

Unread 25-04-2010, 02:11 PM
Sparky***

Quote:

We've always bought big when we've needed to though.

Veron, Rooney, Berbatov, Rio, Hargreaves, Carrick... All very, very pricey players up there with some of the biggest transfer fees ever paid.

Fact is, the feeling is there's a big void in the creative/attacking area of the team with the departure of Ronaldo that has not been adressed.

There's a time for buying cheap "squad players" and there's a time for buying proven quality to impact the team and dressing room.

Unread 25-04-2010, 02:16 PM
armchair

We getting Modric, keeping Berbs but getting rid of Carrick.

Unread 25-04-2010, 02:18 PM
Part 36 Offer

Quote:
Originally Posted by armchair
We getting Modric, keeping Berbs but getting rid of Carrick.
is this like your benzema exclusive? same source?

would love if we got modders tbh. want bale as well.

Unread 25-04-2010, 02:19 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by MUFC One Love
That's the thing dunk, it's not about signing 'superstars', that guarantees £#%&! all, we know that, look at Madrid ffs. But we're talking about wanting quality signings, not filling out squad with 'maybe' players who won't be given much of a chance, especially with the way the squad is. People like Diouf, Hernandez, Macheda would develop in a more steady team. We need to sort the main part of the team out and the development of the younger players will come on. It's clear we need 2-3 quality signings imo. Players who will make an impact now.
Do you not sign the players that might become great when they are available?

The 'main' players we want/require may not be available/have been available when we tried to sign them last time round, so we are waiting to try again, or maybe identify alternatives. Should all other transfer activity stop until the 1 or 2 'main' players we may want have been signed?

Unread 25-04-2010, 02:21 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
So 7 defeats is good then.
No, it's not. But everybody else this season has lost at least 6, too.

Last season we lost twice as many as the second placed team - so what??

If you are above all determined to avoid defeat, you will lose fewer games perhaps, but you will also draw a shitload - just as the two teams you mentioned have done. Sorry if that bores you

Unread 25-04-2010, 02:22 PM
dunk

Quote:
We've always bought big when we've needed to though.

Veron, Rooney, Berbatov, Rio, Hargreaves, Carrick... All very, very pricey players up there with some of the biggest transfer fees ever paid.

Fact is, the feeling is there's a big void in the creative/attacking area of the team with the departure of Ronaldo that has not been adressed.

There's a time for buying cheap "squad players" and there's a time for buying proven quality to impact the team and dressing room.
We might need a 'big' signing or two, if we do, we'll get them, as we always have. There is and was no need to panic and buy any old player that was available last summer when it became clear our first choice wasn't going to happen.

Unread 25-04-2010, 02:36 PM
armchair

Thumbs up Re: Javier Hernandez: I almost quit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Part 36 Offer

Hopefully it is nothing like the benz story.

Unread 25-04-2010, 02:40 PM
safingtons

Quote:
Originally Posted by Part 36 Offer

Benzema was on his way to be fair. Complicated deal like that was always full of variables, especially with Madrid lurking around...as soon as they couldnt get Villa....

Unread 25-04-2010, 02:43 PM
Liu Jian

Modric would cost £30m+, and Fergie didn't want to pay for that Benzema.

Why would Spurs want Carrick? They already have Huddlestone and this Brazilian Sandro coming.

Unread 25-04-2010, 02:53 PM
safingtons

Quote:
Modric would cost £30m+, and Fergie didn't want to pay for that Benzema.

Why would Spurs want Carrick? They already have Huddlestone and this Brazilian Sandro coming.
Yeah, this one doesn't add up if it involves Carrick imo.

Berbatov + money for Modric would be better.

Sell Carrick to Newcastle or something.

Unread 25-04-2010, 02:56 PM
Sullingtons

Carrick can still turn it round.
Closed Thread