Unread 22-12-2011, 11:59 PM
Jack Duckworth

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Watcher
love him, he's a right head the ball

Unread 23-12-2011, 12:03 AM
dunk

Quote:
I raised my eyebrows when he took that job, though, because he used to hammer players who went into TV, but Keane wants to stay in football and wants to stay active.
Quote:
He came to see me, Gary Pallister and Bryan Robson in our hotel for a coffee. That's the Gary Pallister whom Keane didn't speak to for three years when they played together. They're fine now and can laugh about it.

Keane wasn't happy when he first saw us. He thought we'd all been to a Coldplay concert the night before and deliberately not asked him along. Someone had told him that and he wanted to know why he wasn't invited.
The bloke's a £#%&!ing psycho

Unread 23-12-2011, 12:03 AM
Jack Duckworth

He came to see me, Gary Pallister and Bryan Robson in our hotel for a coffee. That's the Gary Pallister whom Keane didn't speak to for three years when they played together. They're fine now and can laugh about it.

Keane wasn't happy when he first saw us. He thought we'd all been to a Coldplay concert the night before and deliberately not asked him along. Someone had told him that and he wanted to know why he wasn't invited.

We were mystified by his complaints. "Coldplay," he said. "You all went to see Coldplay." A singer called Cole Page was on our trip and he'd got his wires crossed.

he's always looking for a ruck. coldplay, ffs

Unread 23-12-2011, 12:04 AM
The Watcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Duckworth
love him, he's a right head the ball
He's not right in the head, is he?

Quote:
"Coldplay," he said. "You all went to see Coldplay."
I can just imagine him saying that with his intense stare , while Cole, Pallister and Robbo sit there thinking 'what the £#%&!'s he going on about this time?'

Unread 23-12-2011, 12:19 AM
red in cumbria

As if anybody would actually *want* to see Coldplay, FFS

Unread 23-12-2011, 12:26 AM
The Watcher

I can't stop giggling at image of him being outraged that Cole, Pally and Robbo went to see Coldplay without him

I £#%&!ing love Keane, love him! I'd give anything to have a young Roy Keane in the current side. Evans wouldn't dare make a mistake again with Keane in the side.

Unread 23-12-2011, 12:38 AM
dinger

Keane should go to bed thankful every night he found football otherwise he would've been in and out of jail for beating his boss/missus/neighbours every week. What a £#%&!ing moonbeam.

Unread 23-12-2011, 12:41 AM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Duckworth

We were mystified by his complaints. "Coldplay," he said. "You all went to see Coldplay." A singer called Cole Page was on our trip and he'd got his wires crossed.

he's always looking for a ruck. coldplay, ffs

you imagine being in the dressing room with him? the complete £#%&!ing nut.

Unread 23-12-2011, 12:47 AM
The Watcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
you imagine being in the dressing room with him? the complete £#%&!ing nut.
If you did, you wouldn't be out on the piss with City players a few hours after they'd scored six at Old Trafford. In fact, if you shared a dressing room with him, you wouldn't ship six at home to City.

Unread 23-12-2011, 05:33 AM
Argentina

I was hoping the article was going to say he was outraged at them going cos they're shit!

Anyone know why he didn't talk to Pally?

Unread 23-12-2011, 07:05 AM
Terry Silver

Quote:
Originally Posted by Argentina
I was hoping the article was going to say he was outraged at them going cos they're shit!

Anyone know why he didn't talk to Pally?
Was in Lee Sharpe's book. Apparently Keane and Pallister were good mates and, along with Sharpe, went off on a lads holiday one summer around 1995.

Apparently Pallister was constantly on the phone to his missus, and acting like a bit of a boring @#%&!, and Keane kept on at him about it. Ended up with Pallister finally snapping at Keane winding him up, and the two of them had a ruck. Sharpe said they went from being good mates to not speaking to each other until Pallister was sold.

Strange to think that Sharpe and Keane used to be thick as thieves. Opposite ends of the scale when it comes to professionalism and making the most of your talent.

Keane's a £#%&!ing tinker who could end up turning any situation in to a fight.

Unread 23-12-2011, 12:25 PM
Coracao

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry Silver
Top red.

Unread 23-12-2011, 12:31 PM
Zorg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry Silver
Was in Lee Sharpe's book. Apparently Keane and Pallister were good mates and, along with Sharpe, went off on a lads holiday one summer around 1995.

Apparently Pallister was constantly on the phone to his missus, and acting like a bit of a boring @#%&!, and Keane kept on at him about it. Ended up with Pallister finally snapping at Keane winding him up, and the two of them had a ruck. Sharpe said they went from being good mates to not speaking to each other until Pallister was sold.

Strange to think that Sharpe and Keane used to be thick as thieves. Opposite ends of the scale when it comes to professionalism and making the most of your talent.

I can believe that, Pallister's laziness is absolutely legendary. In Andy Mitten's book about the 1990s he says Pally spent the interview spread along the sofa and didn't budge an inch the entire time he was there.

Unread 23-12-2011, 12:31 PM
DuanePipe

I saw Roy Keane's home debut for Forest as I had free access to someone else's season ticket. I remember the buzz in the ground at the time was 'He could be as good as Steve Hodge'.

Unread 23-12-2011, 12:39 PM
dunk

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuanePipe
I saw Roy Keane's home debut for Forest as I had free access to someone else's season ticket. I remember the buzz in the ground at the time was 'He could be as good as Steve Hodge'.
Brilliant.
Closed Thread