United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 20-01-2023, 10:03 AM
Pop

I know its irrelevant now but I saw this snippet whilst reading about their current spending spree:

Chelsea suffered operating losses that averaged £900,000 a week during the period of Abramovich's ownership from 2003.

Ffs they should be playing in the Southern Combined Counties League.

Unread 20-01-2023, 12:03 PM
Lok

It's all very odd. They're spending a fortune to mostly weaken the team.

As part of the deal to buy them there was some sort of promise of investing £1.75b into the club. Perhaps this is something do with that? Maybe they can start selling shares or something once that is complete? The structure of the payments to teams/players also appears very odd with very long term contracts.

Very dodgy.

Unread 20-01-2023, 12:16 PM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by My Name is Heath
Hey Noni Noni
I'm glad you said, that. I was embarrassed for thinking it.

thought you'd be more focussed on the dumps so dull and heavy, tbh.

Unread 20-01-2023, 12:28 PM
Baron

Swiss Ramble breaks it all down here - long, long story short - if Chelsea do not qualify for the CL they're £#%&!ed.

But overall, they're relatively well placed financially due to all sorts of %@#$&!s. They could do with selling a couple, which they'll do given the volume of purchases they've made.

They don't seem to be slowing down though, however even if they get a "big" fine like PSG did (€65m) they are only obliged to pay €10m of it & then offset the rest while they get back in line. So it's thought it could be seen as just the cost of doing business & £#%&! it, spend, spend, spend now to get the squad packed for a charge at silverware in the coming seasons with so many younger players joining.

Unread 20-01-2023, 12:48 PM
puressence

there will be a fire sale at chelsea in the summer they must have around 70 squad players including all the loan ones

Unread 20-01-2023, 01:09 PM
dunk

Stockpiling young talent. Farming.

Unread 20-01-2023, 07:14 PM
Sparky***

There will have to be some kind of mass exodus of players in the summer to offset this rampant spending.

There's no way Potter has any kind of idea who's coming through the door next either given he's only been there 10 mins.

Unread 20-01-2023, 08:13 PM
dunk

Will they even be able to register all these players?

Unread 20-01-2023, 08:15 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
Will they even be able to register all these players?
who knows. It's bordering on comical the amount of money they're throwing around right now. I don't know what's going on behind the scenes there but you'd think that someone knows what they're doing. But then, we had 10 years of Woodward blagging his way through the job so...

Unread 21-01-2023, 04:09 PM
Gordon Hill

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
who knows. It's bordering on comical the amount of money they're throwing around right now. I don't know what's going on behind the scenes there but you'd think that someone knows what they're doing. But then, we had 10 years of Woodward blagging his way through the job so...
It could be that, Chelsea have now got their own version of, Woodward

Unread 21-01-2023, 04:11 PM
dunk

The signings are all FIFA 23 wonder kids so far..
Closed Thread