United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 05-04-2023, 02:19 PM
Whip Hubley

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
indeed. without casemiro and eriksen, the options are thin. even everton have a better midfield that we do.
Fred Sabitzer Bruno, I guess.

Hell, throw The Scottish Player in there if you really want

This squad has a long way to go but really, it's Brentford lads. Need to be beating them if we've got aspirations of the champions league regardless of injuries....

Unread 05-04-2023, 02:29 PM
est.1878

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whip Hubley
it's Brentford lads.
In previous shows you may remember

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/62445694

Unread 05-04-2023, 03:14 PM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by est.1878
In previous shows you may remember

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/62445694
starting line-up included maguire, fred, sancho and ronaldo. martinez, shaw and fred were subbed at half-time.

maguire got a rating of 1.9. lol.

they had better £#%&!ing remember.

Unread 05-04-2023, 03:27 PM
Seamus

The Scottish Player wont be playing, he was out eating in Didsbury at dinner time

Unread 05-04-2023, 04:02 PM
atticusgrinch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whip Hubley
Fred Sabitzer Bruno, I guess.

Hell, throw The Scottish Player in there if you really want

This squad has a long way to go but really, it's Brentford lads. Need to be beating them if we've got aspirations of the champions league regardless of injuries....
Not that.

We've won like 95% of games at OT since the WC. Expecting a win tonight. No The Scottish Player as a number 10 and Bruno as a number 6. No weird shit. No overthinking with that big bald brain. No Shaw failing to get out to his winger every 3 minutes. No Rashford ambling around and no excuses for him doing so. Just 100% from minute 1.

I believe in and embrace the bald. And i'm not talking about Whip here.

3-0

Unread 05-04-2023, 04:11 PM
goldfinger II

Quote:
Originally Posted by atticusgrinch
Not that.

We've won like 95% of games at OT since the WC. Expecting a win tonight. No The Scottish Player as a number 10 and Bruno as a number 6. No weird shit. No overthinking with that big bald brain. No Shaw failing to get out to his winger every 3 minutes. No Rashford ambling around and no excuses for him doing so. Just 100% from minute 1.

I believe in and embrace the bald. And i'm not talking about Whip here.

3-0
Be the bald.

Unread 05-04-2023, 04:17 PM
atticusgrinch

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldfinger II
Be the bald.
Don't know about that. No point sacrificing a perfectly luscious head of hair.

I can admire a sheen from afar, and put aside my usual disgust and distain for slapheads for as long as he remains man united manager. That's as far as i can go i'm afraid.

Unread 05-04-2023, 04:21 PM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldfinger II
Be the bald.
hear nothing. feel nothing.

Unread 05-04-2023, 04:45 PM
Gordon Hill

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Stranger
Perhaps. Big second half to the season for him. He’s been superb, but we need to see if consistently, season after season.
Agreed & he is certainly due to get his name on the scoresheet again!, and IF Martial get's the chance to start tonight, then let's hope he produces a performance to make it impossible for, ETH to give, Weghorst anymore game-time this season.

Unread 05-04-2023, 05:30 PM
flixton

Schmeichel

Neville
Stam
Johnson
Irwin

Beckham
Keane
Scholes
Giggs

Yorke
Cole

Unread 05-04-2023, 05:33 PM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by flixton
Schmeichel

Neville
Stam
Johnson
Irwin

Beckham
Keane
Scholes
Giggs

Yorke
Cole
I like that midfield.

Unread 05-04-2023, 06:37 PM
Dr Stranger

Sabitzer and Sancho start, apparently.

Unread 05-04-2023, 06:44 PM
Ethers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordon Hill
Agreed & he is certainly due to get his name on the scoresheet again!, and IF Martial get's the chance to start tonight, then let's hope he produces a performance to make it impossible for, ETH to give, Weghorst anymore game-time this season.
Martial could score ten hat-tricks and it wouldn’t make it impossible for Ten Hag to give Weghorst more game time

Unread 05-04-2023, 06:45 PM
Dr Stranger

Weggy and Martial on the bench.

Also apparently.

Unread 05-04-2023, 06:52 PM
RedNick80

Quote:
Originally Posted by flixton
Schmeichel

Neville
Stam
Johnson
Irwin

Beckham
Keane
Scholes
Giggs

Yorke
Cole
Thats how we remember it but its surprising how few times that season that team started, its a low number.

Anyway, would give anything to have even one of those available for tonight. (With the possible exception of Johnson, but that is less a dig at him more acknowldgement that Varane and Martinez are decent)

Edit: of course Johnson could go into midfield so ignore last comment.
Closed Thread