United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Manchester United Match Thread Archive

Unread 13-02-2014, 05:10 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
Indeed. Seems fairly sane to think that the manager should be able to do whatever he feels is best for the team. If there is something preventing him from doing that, he should £#%&! off tbh.
Almost if it's his job to find solutions.

Before, the excuses were that van Persie and Rooney weren't fit. Now the excuse is they're both fit and he has to play them

Unread 13-02-2014, 05:23 PM
Grimson

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red
Obviously Mourinho didn't get that memo when he walked into Chelsea and binned their Player of the Year.
Or did the same at Madrid with Casillas.

A strong manager can pick any team he wants.

I remember a good line from the much-maligned Martin Jol: "There's too much emphasis these days on making the players happy. It's their job to make me happy."

Unread 13-02-2014, 05:50 PM
TripDownMiseryLane

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumescent Throb
try this then you miserable £#%&!ers:

it's not Moyes' fault that Rooney and Van Persie have to be played in virtually every game they're fit and available for

and it's not his fault that Kagawa has been at United nearly two seasons and hasn't settled either really. he's given him some games in his best position, but even though he's done okay he hasn't been able to make the team tick. Rooney is the default option there and that won't change - if Van Persie does go in the summer then a top class striker will be brought in and Rooney will still be allowed to dominate the way the attack operates just as he has been this season.

easy to say Moyes should just drop one or both of them or change their positions. not so easy to do it and keep them onside.
thanks for that managerial insight. I happen to agree with a lot of what you have to say, but that is simply perverse. putting you on the credibility alert list

Unread 13-02-2014, 05:53 PM
Zorg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimson
Or did the same at Madrid with Casillas.

A strong manager can pick any team he wants.

I remember a good line from the much-maligned Martin Jol: "There's too much emphasis these days on making the players happy. It's their job to make me happy."
Spot on.

Unread 13-02-2014, 06:06 PM
dunk

Adrian Durham reeling in Arsenal fans for drawing with 'Mid table Man United'

Unread 13-02-2014, 06:08 PM
£#%&! KFC

Quote:
reeling in United fans too by the looks of it

Unread 13-02-2014, 06:19 PM
dragflick

Quote:
Originally Posted by £#%&! KFC

Unread 13-02-2014, 06:54 PM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:

Unread 13-02-2014, 06:55 PM
Jack Duckworth

Football

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Duckworth
arsenal 1 - 2 manchester united
first one i've got wrong, i think?

maybe my luck is running out.

Unread 13-02-2014, 06:59 PM
Ashley's Grime

Quote:
Are you listening to that shit by choice?

Unread 13-02-2014, 07:23 PM
Horst_ Bucholst

Thought it was a decent result all things considered

Unread 13-02-2014, 07:43 PM
dunk

Quote:
Not really, I'm neither angry at him or biting, he's just stating an indisputable fact just not nice to hear.

Doubt you're arsed though, Rangers are on the march I believe

Unread 13-02-2014, 07:45 PM
£#%&! KFC

Quote:
Not really, I'm neither angry at him or biting, he's just stating an indisputable fact just not nice to hear.

:rattled:

Unread 13-02-2014, 07:57 PM
dunk

Thumbs up

Quote:
:rattled:
You are indeed.

Unread 13-02-2014, 07:58 PM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:

united's league position is an indisputable fact

however, no-one worth hearing thinks united are a mid-table side per se.

i assume this was what you were aiming to get at by repeating something you heard from adrian durham

please don't say you actually think you can argue that i'm wrong

Unread 13-02-2014, 08:00 PM
wiganste

Quote:

i assume this was what you were aiming to get at by repeating something you heard from adrian durham

But we are a mid-table side under Moyes. We have another 4 or 5 defeats in us yet this season. Woeful and depressing

Unread 13-02-2014, 08:03 PM
Whip Hubley

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiganste
But we are a mid-table side under Moyes. We have another 4 or 5 defeats in us yet this season. Woeful and depressing
Exactly. Dunno about anyone else but my definition of mid table side is being, um mid table.

But aside from results also in style of play....

Unread 13-02-2014, 08:06 PM
wiganste

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigMikeA
Exactly. Dunno about anyone else but my definition of mid table side is being, um mid table.

But aside from results also in style of play....
We don't have a style of play anymore as such, unless cautious and negative are classed as style.

We have been outplayed at home by West Brom, Newcastle, Everton & Southampton ffs.

Unread 13-02-2014, 08:13 PM
dunk

Quote:

The league table doesn't lie pal.

Mid table Manchester United.

Cheers Moyes.

Unread 13-02-2014, 08:18 PM
Sparky***

Quote:

As a club we are severely under-achieving. Our players may not be mid-table players, but we now have a mid-table manager. Ultimately when the dust settles after 38 games you will be exactly where you deserve to be.