United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 22-03-2021, 05:28 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by MUFC One Love
People say when Mourinho finished 2nd it was an achievement with that squad. Whats the difference now?

Also when he won the League Cup and Europa he finished 6th didn't he?
yep and it's worth noting it was with a far better squad than we have now.

Unread 22-03-2021, 05:56 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
yep and it's worth noting it was with a far better squad than we have now.
Facts.

Also, we were competing for the FA Cup. We lost, away from home, to a team a place below us in the table. Shit happens. Stop being such slapped arsed #@&%!s.

We competed for the League Cup too and got knocked out by the best team in the country.

This is where we are at the minute and changing the manager isn’t going to speed the progress up at this point, it will halt it.

Unread 22-03-2021, 06:01 PM
Mr_Ed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dasilvatwins
Nobody thinks 4th is an achievement. People can see the foundations being laid to challenge for the title next year. Provided we sign the right people. Of course people want trophies but it isn’t that black and white.

We don’t have a good squad, combine it with a shit Covid schedule and injuries . We are still second and in Europa. Going three years without a trophy isn’t a disaster. Esp since he has only been at the club fully for two of the seasons .

But there’s almost two sets of groups and you fall in the trophies now or he is shit. Nothing I will say will change it .

With the right players we will compete next year. Trophies are pointless if he isn’t backed and ends up sacked the next year. Long term . You mention Ferguson, how long did it take him to get his first trophy?

I know times have changed but trophies without a good squad or luck will be a struggle . We have had tough draws the last few seasons and we don’t have a good enough squad to compete .
Providing we sign the right people...

Who are these right people and what evidence have we had that these right people have been signed to date?

Dan James - Nope
AWB - Good tackler but can’t cross for love nor money
Harry McGuire - jury is still well and truly out. Best centre half we’ve got though so an upgrade there.
Telles - Jury out, early doors.
Cavani - injury prone and old

I don’t have faith in Ed Woodward to get in the right players even if I trusted Ole to identify them.

Unread 22-03-2021, 06:08 PM
Vida_15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Ed

Who are these right people and what evidence have we had that these right people have been signed to date?

Dan James - Nope
Harry McGuire - jury is still well and truly out. Best centre half we’ve got though so an upgrade there.

I don’t have faith in Ed Woodward to get in the right players even if I trusted Ole to identify them.
thats' why we now have a Director of Football along with a Technical Director in Fletcher....they'll be the ones who deal with the football part of recruitment

Unread 22-03-2021, 06:09 PM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vida_15
thats' why we now have a Director of Football along with a Technical Director in Fletcher....they'll be the ones who deal with the football part of recruitment
Oooooooo watch out Europe...

Unread 22-03-2021, 06:10 PM
Mr_Ed

Quote:
The technical director who has been there for ages you mean?

I’m willing to keep an open mind but based on what I’ve seen to date it could easily be more of the same.

Unread 22-03-2021, 06:18 PM
NedKelly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster
Oooooooo watch out Europe...
ffs

Unread 22-03-2021, 06:21 PM
Vida_15

Quote:
The technical director who has been there for ages you mean?

I’m willing to keep an open mind but based on what I’ve seen to date it could easily be more of the same.
anything has to be a step up from Ed who knows £#%&! all about football

don't believe that John Murtough ever was involved in the football recruitment aspect of the club that was handled by Ed

Unread 22-03-2021, 06:27 PM
NedKelly

Quote:
anything has to be a step up from Ed who knows £#%&! all about football

don't believe that John Murtough ever was involved in the football recruitment aspect of the club that was handled by Ed
No idea where this outburst has come from but it’s incredibly harsh on Mr Ed. He’s a good poster imo.

Unread 22-03-2021, 06:27 PM
Sparky***

Quote:

Dan James - Nope

Leaving out a rather important one there chief.

Unread 22-03-2021, 06:46 PM
utd99

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
Leaving out a rather important one there chief.
Doesn’t fit his agenda.

It’s ok to say Ole had a shocker, doesn’t make you an outer. He got out-managed and couldn’t turn around a match that was going one way from minute 10. Hands up; It happens.

Unread 22-03-2021, 07:14 PM
Mr_Ed

Quote:
Originally Posted by utd99
Doesn’t fit his agenda.

It’s ok to say Ole had a shocker, doesn’t make you an outer. He got out-managed and couldn’t turn around a match that was going one way from minute 10. Hands up; It happens.
Yes I missed Bruno who has been a great signing and improved the team. I can’t dispute that... I genuinely overlooked him.

I would however argue that I’m the bigger games he can go missing and he tries too hard. I’d love to be pointed out in the big games he has has shone.

I don’t have an agenda anyways. I’d love Ole to win trophies and be successful and if he is I’ll gladly be ripped to shreds about it.

It’s an opinion, one of many and I don’t believe Ole is the man to win us the league and I also don’t believe the structure is in place to support him properly... I’d love to be proven wrong.

Unread 22-03-2021, 08:34 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coracao
That comes with the Job of being a United manager / player.
Yes, but at present its ridiculous.

The contrast with how the press treat our manager compared to their *worse performing* favourites is genuinely breathtaking.

Unread 22-03-2021, 08:57 PM
Coracao

Quote:
Originally Posted by red in cumbria
Yes, but at present its ridiculous.

The contrast with how the press treat our manager compared to their *worse performing* favourites is genuinely breathtaking.
It has been like this forever pal. Things are always magnified tenfold.

Unread 22-03-2021, 09:13 PM
red in cumbria

Well, to an extent maybe.

Tbh were I a Leicester fan it might actually be a bit of a pisser that my team and manager weren't getting a bit more credit for yesterday.

No reason why they can't go on and win the whole thing now.

Unread 22-03-2021, 10:17 PM
Tuco

Quote:
Originally Posted by MUFCOK
We are trying to a good league finish aren't we? I mean we are second?

The way Ole was stitched up in the transfer market back in the summer by the owners, he's doing amazingly well this season, overachieving if anything.
So what about the likes of Brendan Rogers etc, look at their teams and styles of play with a fraction of our budget.
You are delusional if you think Ole Gunnar Solksjaer is good enough to manage the biggest club in World football.

Unread 22-03-2021, 10:26 PM
Medlock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuco
So what about the likes of Brendan Rogers etc, look at their teams and styles of play with a fraction of our budget.
You are delusional if you think Ole Gunnar Solksjaer is good enough to manage the biggest club in World football.
You only post when we lose. Weird.

Unread 23-03-2021, 12:01 AM
ryanMUFC

Quote:
We should be turning on the owners for giving a manager that got us back into the Champions league an Aston Villa or Wolves transfer budget despite us being Manchester United ‘the biggest club in the world’.

A new manager isn’t going to get us competing with an oil club.

Unread 23-03-2021, 12:09 AM
Cream

Quote:
They will be gone soon enough, Unless you are happy that your club is just competing for the top 4 trophy every year? You sound like a Glazers dream.
Tuco, this is a non sequitur.

Whether I'm happy or not with the state of our management team has no bearing upon their employment status.

Did you mean:

'Oh they will be gone soon enough, unless that is the owners are satisfied with a top 4 finish. Hey maybe they are, and you too, but not me. Not Tuco!'

?

Unread 23-03-2021, 12:09 AM
Stickman

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanMUFC
We should be turning on the owners for giving a manager that got us back into the Champions league an Aston Villa or Wolves transfer budget despite us being Manchester United ‘the biggest club in the world’.

A new manager isn’t going to get us competing with an oil club.
I don't think its as black and white as that tbh.
Closed Thread