United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football

Unread 30-01-2024, 02:24 PM
marlo

Quote:
Originally Posted by silv
Drives me mad. he's left footed, play him on the left ffs
you mean the manager who said he doesn’t start varane in the LCB because of the limited passing angles, consistently plays the most left footed player on the right knowing he can ONLY cut inside…

a Dutch passport affords you so much with some

Unread 30-01-2024, 02:31 PM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baron
Don't know why we don't play him left wing, he got his assist from there.

The bit at 1m 35s where he skins the fullback & has acres to run into but stops is absolutely baffling decision making & the sort of thing that (to me at least) shows a lack of confidence. Unsurprising when you haven't scored or assisted all season but I'd like him to back himself in that scenario. Against Newport, it's not like he's up against CL level opponents there.

If I was Højlund & played with him I'd want to punch his lights out, it's his job to create for our striker & he simply doesn't. Either he's cutting in & taking shit shots (none of those in the highlights had any conviction or great quality) & when Højlund has found the net not a single United player has even created the chance for him all game. He's gone & sniffed one out despite his team mates.

Antony is a part of that issue.

Stick him left wing for a bit, Garnacho right & ask them to feed the striker & stop being greedy shit@#%&!s. I'm getting bored of watching the same players make the same shit decisions.

I get the whole WUM thing, I just want to watch us play decent football.
The amount of times you see Hojlund unmarked in the six yard box is upsetting. Time and again it’s a simple ball across the penalty area for a tap in and they just ignore it. Dalot, Rashford, Garnacho are especially bad for it. Antony less so, but only because he’s rarely running at pace in behind.

Even Hojlund’s second goal in Copenhagen came from a Garnacho rebound where he should have squared it.

He’d have 15-20 goals playing for City or Liverpool this season. And most of them would be tap ins.

Quote:
Originally Posted by marlo
you mean the manager who said he doesn’t start varane in the LCB because of the limited passing angles, consistently plays the most left footed player on the right knowing he can ONLY cut inside…

a Dutch passport affords you so much with some
Most top sides play with inverted wingers these days. Salah is the most effective player of the last few years coming in off the left.

Silva, Kulusevski, Saka, Bowen…

Unread 30-01-2024, 02:41 PM
Kent Brockman

Sessions

Unread 30-01-2024, 02:45 PM
Sheik JaBooty

Worst player I’ve ever seen in the shirt. I’d seriously rather have Bebe.

He’s bad enough to get not only the manager and his entire staff sacked, but the board as well, and Cath on the front desk. She’s not innocent in all this.

Unread 30-01-2024, 08:39 PM
Whip Hubley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheik JaBooty
Worst player I’ve ever seen in the shirt. I’d seriously rather have Bebe.

He’s bad enough to get not only the manager and his entire staff sacked, but the board as well, and Cath on the front desk. She’s not innocent in all this.
Cath catching strays because little Antony could never be bothered to use his right foot

Sad world we live in.

Unread 30-01-2024, 09:12 PM
Hyman_Roth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baron
Don't know why we don't play him left wing, he got his assist from there.

The bit at 1m 35s where he skins the fullback & has acres to run into but stops is absolutely baffling decision making & the sort of thing that (to me at least) shows a lack of confidence. Unsurprising when you haven't scored or assisted all season but I'd like him to back himself in that scenario. Against Newport, it's not like he's up against CL level opponents there.

If I was Højlund & played with him I'd want to punch his lights out, it's his job to create for our striker & he simply doesn't. Either he's cutting in & taking shit shots (none of those in the highlights had any conviction or great quality) & when Højlund has found the net not a single United player has even created the chance for him all game. He's gone & sniffed one out despite his team mates.

Antony is a part of that issue.

Stick him left wing for a bit, Garnacho right & ask them to feed the striker & stop being greedy shit@#%&!s. I'm getting bored of watching the same players make the same shit decisions.

I get the whole WUM thing, I just want to watch us play decent football.
Have said this since day dot but was told that such ideas weren’t aligned with the turtle neck self appointed sage managers.

Hoijlund will simply never score goals with Antony on the right, it’s impossible. Nach is a much better player than Antony - has both feet and pace etc but again, isn’t much of a provider for a striker. So he has nothing to go off basically.

It’s why I’m so frustrated with ten hag. It clearly doesn’t work but because he’s Dutch and therefore can’t adapt or be flexible, we continually look toothless. Any team that’s as low scoring as us is also constantly under pressure at the back because there is never a goal cushion to settle the team.

It’s so infuriating because it’s so £#%&!ing obvious.

Unread 31-01-2024, 11:56 AM
Whip Hubley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyman_Roth
Have said this since day dot but was told that such ideas weren’t aligned with the turtle neck self appointed sage managers.

Hoijlund will simply never score goals with Antony on the right, it’s impossible. Nach is a much better player than Antony - has both feet and pace etc but again, isn’t much of a provider for a striker. So he has nothing to go off basically.

It’s why I’m so frustrated with ten hag. It clearly doesn’t work but because he’s Dutch and therefore can’t adapt or be flexible, we continually look toothless. Any team that’s as low scoring as us is also constantly under pressure at the back because there is never a goal cushion to settle the team.

It’s so infuriating because it’s so £#%&!ing obvious.

£70m striker doesn't get the opportunities he should because £80m winger can't use his right foot and manager won't play him on the left.

just about sums the last decade up.

Unread 31-01-2024, 12:53 PM
Sheik JaBooty

Flexibility and pragmatism might get ten Hag out of this mess. Stubborn dogmatism will not. Still, at least this way he and Antony can split an Uber.

Unread 31-01-2024, 01:45 PM
guerreiro

Still one day left to sell him. Let’s not get too worried and hope for the best.

Unread 31-01-2024, 01:48 PM
believe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whip Hubley
£70m striker doesn't get the opportunities he should because £80m winger can't use his right foot and manager won't play him on the left.

just about sums the last decade up.
And somehow this is the fault of the ownership and not having a dof.

Unread 31-01-2024, 01:52 PM
RedNick80

Quote:
Originally Posted by believe
A big part of it yes. Lack of better options is absolutely their fault. Lack of proper transfer management over a decade.

The manager can be wrong but lets face it, he's hardly got a strong hand to play from.

Unread 31-01-2024, 01:54 PM
est.1878

Quote:
Does a dof / proper owner not cancel the sign off of a 30m transfer that turns into more than double...

The further 40m than buys a 2nd player...

Unread 31-01-2024, 01:56 PM
Bunker Buster

I wonder why a manger who has worked with him for the last 4 years winning numerous trophies with him on the right plays him on the right....

But whip, hyman & sheik from utdforum.com know better. .

WGy DOEsnt He trY HIm on THE righT

Unread 31-01-2024, 02:00 PM
believe

Quote:
Originally Posted by est.1878
Does a dof / proper owner not cancel the sign off of a 30m transfer that turns into more than double...

The further 40m than buys a 2nd player...
If we’d have got him at 30m, the manager would still have got the man he wanted and he’d still be shit

Unread 31-01-2024, 02:30 PM
silv

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster
I wonder why a manger who has worked with him for the last 4 years winning numerous trophies with him on the right plays him on the right....

But whip, hyman & sheik from utdforum.com know better. .

WGy DOEsnt He trY HIm on THE righT
BuT He'S Sh1t on the Righ7

Unread 31-01-2024, 02:30 PM
est.1878

Quote:
If we’d have got him at 30m, the manager would still have got the man he wanted and he’d still be shit
But we'd (maybe, #glazernomics) have had a 2nd player for the difference....

Yes, the second player still be shit etc

Unread 31-01-2024, 02:41 PM
Zorg

Wasn't keen on the goal celebration. Happy he scored, but come on. A simple nod of the head would suffice, perhaps give the fans a quick fist. ooer Going full on Lord, I Have Scored was a bit weird imo.

Unread 31-01-2024, 02:45 PM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorg
Wasn't keen on the goal celebration. Happy he scored, but come on. A simple nod of the head would suffice, perhaps give the fans a quick fist. ooer Going full on Lord, I Have Scored was a bit weird imo.
Neeee noooor nee nooooor, watch out it's the celebration rozzers....

Maybe because he had lost half his season and possibly his family & children to fake rape claims in Brazil....

The relief that he was back playing and a scoring for his club (the one some on here claim to support) must have been huge....

Unread 31-01-2024, 03:01 PM
suedeshoes

Or maybe because he's a bit of a dick.

Unread 31-01-2024, 03:07 PM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by suedeshoes
Or maybe because he's a bit of a dick.
Does seem a massive dick, getting arrested abroad, drink driving, clubbing before training, turning up late playing video games all night, abusing his partner, a complete lack of effort on the pitch and no desire to get better after a horrid season in his personal life ....

Oh.