United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 27-11-2009, 10:03 PM
Sandman

Default Re: Bestest United goal of the decade

This is one that springs to mind, probably my favourite Ronaldo goal as well.

Unread 27-11-2009, 10:14 PM
£#%&! KFC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiberian
We are lucky to be followers of this club.

How does Utds performance and achievement this decade compare to the 90's as an overall body of work?

There was the relatively fallow period in the middle of the decade with Fergie taking a lot of criticism, but he has come back and the last 3 years have been tremendous, close to repeating the treble and have went far in all the major competitions, and the last 3 years has seen Utd have their best and most consistent European performances in their history.

agreed mate for some reason the achievements of the team from 2000-09 are somehow not as good as 93-99 aaccording to some

both were incredible eras of success but for me the last nine years are certainly not second best especially the progress we have made in Europe

Unread 27-11-2009, 10:15 PM
Tiberian

Decent vid, not entirely suited to the question as there are some goals from 99 included but a decent round up of some of the best goals from Utd in the last 10 years.

Some strange omissions in terms of team goals but what the hell, plenty of great memories.

Unread 27-11-2009, 10:16 PM
believe

Thumbs up Re: Bestest United goal of the decade

my favourite

Unread 27-11-2009, 10:23 PM
Tiberian

Quote:
Originally Posted by £#%&! KFC
agreed mate for some reason the achievements of the team from 2000-09 are somehow not as good as 93-99 aaccording to some

both were incredible eras of success but for me the last nine years are certainly not second best especially the progress we have made in Europe
A lot of that can be attributed to the increased expectations and a slight degree of complacency.

2 doubles and a treble in the 90's though, hard to beat that, and to some degree the early success in the 00's was achieved by the 90's team if that makes sense. Almost if that era ended)(round 03)when Keane was going downhill and we brought in Ruud/Veron/Rio and co.

Unread 27-11-2009, 10:24 PM
History

Unread 27-11-2009, 10:40 PM
£#%&! KFC

Quote:
A lot of that can be attributed to the increased expectations and a slight degree of complacency.

2 doubles and a treble in the 90's though, hard to beat that, and to some degree the early success in the 00's was achieved by the 90's team if that makes sense. Almost if that era ended)(round 03)when Keane was going downhill and we brought in Ruud/Veron/Rio and co.
agreed with all of that but in the 90s there was not as much strong competition for the title...basically just United or Arsenal or some random team like Norwich, Blackburn or the Jawdies challenging for one season and we were by far the dominant team, there's a case for saying we should have won the league uninterrupted from 1992-2000

in the noughties the arrival of Chelski plus Arsenal and a slightly and I mean slightly improved Dippers has made winning the title that bit harder and can any of us honestlky say that after 2006 and Chelski's back to back that they could see United coming nack and winning another three in a row no way

Unread 27-11-2009, 11:04 PM
teflon_terry

My god.....Ronaldo was good wasn't he?!

Unread 27-11-2009, 11:49 PM
FC Honka

Thumbs up Re: Bestest United goal of the decade

Quote:
Originally Posted by ralph
Some good stuff lads, it's difficult to pick a favourite.

Here's a great Scholes goal

YouTube- Paul Scholes vs. Panathinaikos
That'd be my one, such a brilliantly crafted and superbly finished move, I don't know why it isn't more widely remembered. Rooney's goal v The Barcodes is a close second.

How about a bit of Eric?

Not THAT Eric of course. I really thought he meant it and it was a brilliant piece if skill, but his subsequent career suggests itherwise. The last goal we scored against Leeds??

Unread 27-11-2009, 11:58 PM
Mr_Ed

The Horse wins....

That goal defined our season in many respects...

Unread 29-11-2009, 01:44 PM
Fatboy Shrek

Best two free kicks:

Ronaldo

[YOUTUBE]MvaSrYp9YnU[/YOUTUBE]

Beckham against Everton.

Beckham agaisnt Depor was another peach.

Unread 29-11-2009, 01:51 PM
Chorlton74

The Rooney goal against Newcastle? did that win goal of the season by any chance?

that goal or the panathanaikos one for me.

Unread 29-11-2009, 04:06 PM
Gypsum Fantastic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Ed
The Horse wins....

YouTube- Ryan Giggs v Arsenal (FA Cup Semi-Final Replay 1999)

That goal defined our season in many respects...
the horse may well win if the competition is to not read the thread title

Unread 29-11-2009, 04:25 PM
red @rmy

Best away of the decade for me, every loon in Manchester was out that day. Apart from Puressence at 7:17

Unread 29-11-2009, 07:45 PM
Manchester

Can't believe Scholes' goal against Barca hasn't been mentioned, quality goal:

Unread 29-11-2009, 07:56 PM
Stickman

Rooney v Bolton
4-1 2007

absolutely wonderful direct goal.

Unread 29-11-2009, 08:12 PM
Zorg

Quote:
Originally Posted by red @rmy

Best away of the decade for me, every loon in Manchester was out that day. Apart from Puressence at 7:17
YouTube- man united v arsenal 2004 fa cup semi final
Ronaldo's hair

Unread 29-11-2009, 09:01 PM
thatsfuctit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fatboy Shrek
Best two free kicks:

Ronaldo

[YOUTUBE]MvaSrYp9YnU[/YOUTUBE]

Beckham against Everton.

Beckham agaisnt Depor was another peach.
Happy Memories of the Ronnie one, was in a bar in Prague on our honeymoon, who says romance is dead?

Unread 29-11-2009, 09:21 PM
Argentina

Quote:
We are lucky to be followers of this club.

How does Utds performance and achievement this decade compare to the 90's as an overall body of work?

There was the relatively fallow period in the middle of the decade with Fergie taking a lot of criticism, but he has come back and the last 3 years have been tremendous, close to repeating the treble and have went far in all the major competitions, and the last 3 years has seen Utd have their best and most consistent European performances in their history.
And surpassing. Last year, there was only 1 game that we could have competed in that we didn't - the FA Cup Final. Remarkable achievement.

League Winners
World Club Cup Winners
League Cup Winners

Champions League Finalists
FA Cup Semi-Finalists

3 performances off the total season (or 2 performances and a refereeing decision)

Unread 29-11-2009, 09:46 PM
rogieop

scholes vs blackburn a few years ago.

pure quality from the prince.
Closed Thread