United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 09-08-2016, 10:20 PM
barca99

Default Who can / cannot play in a 2 with Pogba

There may be a similar thread but i couldnt be arsed checking all night and im giddy as £#%&!.

I think we can all agree he is going to play pretty much every game. Assuming we play 4 2 3 1 thats alot of players fighting for essentially one position next to the big man.

Whose first choice and because Pogba is so good does it allow a more attack minded player next to him like Herrera? Or in an ideal world would Schneiders actually become the player he is supposed to be which is what?

It would appear that its up for grabs!?

Unread 09-08-2016, 10:22 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Jem typing....

Unread 09-08-2016, 10:23 PM
armchair

Carrick/Schneiderlin/Blind

Unread 09-08-2016, 10:27 PM
Billy Redface

Quote:
Originally Posted by armchair
Carrick/Schneiderlin/Blind
This

Unread 09-08-2016, 10:28 PM
Bunker Buster

Blind is essentially Perfect....as he is for most roles..

Assured, calm, selfless and neat...he needs someone he can 'next phase' with and give and go...blind creates space, can shift the ball, hold it drop deep...

Daley Blind.

Unread 09-08-2016, 10:28 PM
Billy Redface

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster
Blind is essentially Perfect....as he is for most roles..

Assured, calm, selfless and neat...he needs someone he can 'next phase' with and give and go...blind creates space, can shift the ball, hold it drop deep...

Daley Blind.

Love how Blind is already mugging off the first-out-the-door crew. Played as much as anyone else and just too good a player to dimiss.

Daley Elizabeth Blind

Unread 09-08-2016, 11:51 PM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red

Unread 10-08-2016, 12:36 AM
BobJones

TFM

Unread 10-08-2016, 12:44 AM
Tumescent Throb

if mourinho does keep that shape expect we'll see pogba in some games at the point of a triangle, probably with rooney left and mikhi right - with carrick and blind picking the runners and dominating the match

Unread 10-08-2016, 01:55 AM
waynes ear's

Still shoehorning Rooney into the team

Unread 10-08-2016, 07:19 AM
barca99

Have i missed something here or has Jose said Blind is playing midfield?

Unread 10-08-2016, 07:43 AM
Curtis

Blind is an excellent holding midfielder. He has both the humility and intelligence needed for the role. His lack of burst pace is far less of an issue there than at center back while his composure and distribution are first class. It also needs remembering he won player of the year in Holland playing that role.

If you have an all action unpredictable live-wire in central midfield, I'm of the opinion you need someone dependable, predictable and consistent to balance them out. I'd say Blind would be absolutely ideal for that.

Unread 10-08-2016, 08:40 AM
Baron

Bordering on negligence to play him in a midfield two that deep. Only a %@#$&! like Deschamps would think it was a good idea.

4-3-3. Bye Rooney.

Unread 10-08-2016, 08:50 AM
dragflick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baron
Bordering on negligence to play him in a midfield two that deep. Only a %@#$&! like Deschamps would think it was a good idea.

4-3-3. Bye Rooney.
Don't think he'll be playing too deep, but I think he'll be in a 2, with either Carrick or Sneiderlin told to sit, and Poggers allowed to roam forward. Rooney will probably still be in at 10 behind Ibra. I'd not play it like that, but I think that's what will happen.

Unread 10-08-2016, 10:28 AM
Tumescent Throb

interesting that nearly everyone has caught up now and thinks rooney probably shouldn't be in the side, and certainly not automatically. welcome to 4 years ago

Unread 10-08-2016, 10:43 AM
92ToBury

Not Bastian. HTH

Unread 10-08-2016, 10:49 AM
browser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumescent Throb
interesting that nearly everyone has caught up now and thinks rooney probably shouldn't be in the side, and certainly not automatically. welcome to 4 years ago

We have different players than 4 years ago. And Rooney is 4 years older and an influence on the wa(y)ne. You're still a clown though.

Majority on here have wanted Rooney out for 2 seasons..justifiably so too imo. Yet you bang on like you've been out on a limb on your todd and everyone's now sharing your pov.

Weirdo.

Unread 10-08-2016, 10:50 AM
BobJones

Rooney ffs

Unread 10-08-2016, 10:52 AM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
Originally Posted by browser

We have different players than 4 years ago. And Rooney is 4 years older and an influence on the wa(y)ne. You're still a clown though.

Majority on here have wanted Rooney out for 2 seasons..justifiably so too imo. Yet you bang on like you've been out on a limb on your todd and everyone's now sharing your pov.

Weirdo.
i called this years ago and rightly so. he's been holding back our development for a long time.

rooney only started 20 league games and was 3rd top scorer in our last title-winning side. hth.

Unread 10-08-2016, 10:58 AM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by 92ToBury
Not Bastian. HTH
no. clearly. because he is an attacking midfielder who needs at least 2 players behind him. not to be played in a 2 with the likes of herrera.... who is an attacking midfielder who needs at least 2 players behind him..... etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumescent Throb
i called this years ago and rightly so. he's been holding back our development for a long time.

rooney only started 20 league games and was 3rd top scorer in our last title-winning side. hth.
well done you. rooney is not any kind of midfielder. not even an attacking midfielder who needs at least 2 players behind him. rooney has only ever played deeper than 9 (or out of the front 3) due to the paucity of our squad. and it's not just due to his age, fatness and slowness. still.... kudos to you for actually dragging a comment out of browser with which I can agree.
Closed Thread