United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 01-03-2016, 09:39 AM
barca99

Football Team v Watford

Games coming thick and fast now and I fear this game could be too much the 'squad' we have.

Any danger of getting any injured players back, they seem to just go off the radar for months on end

Perhaps the most pointless 'Team v' thread ever made. Same team that played against Arsenal. Close thread.

Unread 01-03-2016, 09:45 AM
dunk

Thumbs up

DdG
Varela
Smalling
Blind
Fosu-Mensah
Schneidelrin
Herrera
Mata
Memphis
Jesseh
Rashford

Unread 01-03-2016, 09:46 AM
Sapien

Martial will come in for Rashford imo

Unread 01-03-2016, 10:07 AM
Billy Redface

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
DdG
Varela
Smalling
Blind
Fosu-Mensah
Schneidelrin
Herrera
mata
Memphis
Jesseh
Rashford

Unread 01-03-2016, 10:23 AM
dragflick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy Redface

Had a cracking game against Arsenal. Makes a massive difference to him when there's pace upfront and them running into the channels etc, rather than somebody stood 2 yards infront of him.

Unread 01-03-2016, 10:28 AM
Coracao

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sapien
Martial will come in for Rashford imo
Would be a rather daft risk considering he had a hamstring injury less than a week ago. They are usually 2 weeks minimum, and taking a risk on it would be extremely short-sighted and potentially harmful longer term.

I hope he isn't played

Unread 01-03-2016, 10:33 AM
Stickman

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragflick

Had a cracking game against Arsenal. Makes a massive difference to him when there's pace upfront and them running into the channels etc, rather than somebody stood 2 yards infront of him.
I said that of Mata and got shot down for making excuses for him

Unread 01-03-2016, 10:41 AM
doudou

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stickman
his form has been a huge factor in our upturn in results

Unread 01-03-2016, 10:42 AM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stickman
Said it since he arrived. Still want him gone.

Unread 01-03-2016, 12:23 PM
jem

I gave mata motm, although partly out of sympathy. he was still very slow and it was arsenal. with the options available, it's hard to see him being dropped at the moment. herrera is far more dynamic. so is pereira, come to that.

if smalling and martial are fit, I still wouldn't drop carrick.

Unread 01-03-2016, 12:32 PM
armchair

Injury doubts over Rashford surely?

Unread 01-03-2016, 12:36 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by armchair
Injury doubts over Rashford surely?
Cramp apparently, and understandably.

Unread 01-03-2016, 04:14 PM
Swagger

Mata + nippy fellas to do his running for him = mad tings

Unread 01-03-2016, 05:08 PM
originalhogg

Quote:
Louis van Gaal has confirmed Anthony Martial and Matteo Darmian are in contention for Manchester United's clash with Watford on Wednesday.

And the Dutchman also hinted Chris Smalling could play a part at Old Trafford. Martial has missed the last two games with a hamstring injury while Darmian hasn't played since the 2-1 defeat at Sunderland after suffering a shoulder problem.

It their absence youngsters Marcus Rashford and Guillermo Varela excelled against Arsenal on Sunday.

Wayne Rooney is still absent, along with Bastian Schweinsteiger, Phil Jones, Ashley Young and Luke Shaw. Marcos Rojo should be available despite coming off during the 3-2 win over Arsenal after getting a kick on the ankle.

Van Gaal said: "Players are coming back. It is positive. I think Martial can play, Darmian can play and maybe Smalling. We'll wait and see. Rojo got a kick. A lot of players receive kicks and they can play the next match.

"Players are coming back in March, I think, but we have to build them up also. You have seen how I did it with Marcos Rojo - 20 minutes and then 60 minutes, though he did not reach that."
http://www.manchestereveningnews.co....-gaal-10973121

Unread 01-03-2016, 05:10 PM
ScarFace

win.

Unread 01-03-2016, 05:12 PM
atticusgrinch

Dave the Save

Varela Carrick Blind Mensah

Mata Schneiderlin Herrera

Martial Rashers Memphis

Unread 01-03-2016, 05:18 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by originalhogg
It gets better. Fellaini close to a return, too

What the £#%&! has Jones done to himself now, btw?

Unread 01-03-2016, 05:20 PM
Coracao

I'd go for the same side as Sunday. Would've liked to have seen Januzaj get a run out instead of Lingard, but seems unlikely after him playing last night.

Unread 01-03-2016, 05:54 PM
ZiggyStardust

Wouldn't risk Smalling as we will have all the ball so better to have Blind and Carrick back there for this game
If Martial is fine then I would bring him in for Lingard and see how he gets on in that right forward role

Unread 01-03-2016, 06:28 PM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red
Fellaini close to a return, too

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZiggyStardust
Wouldn't risk Smalling as we will have all the ball so better to have Blind and Carrick back there for this game
If Martial is fine then I would bring him in for Lingard and see how he gets on in that right forward role
ah, the old underestimating the opposition trick. nice one. watford will bash their way through carrick and blind. possibly.
Closed Thread