United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 26-02-2014, 01:29 PM
barca99

Red face This seasons dreadful moments (so far)

I can't remember a season with so many dreadful results / moments.

Never mind Moyes and the off the field antics of pre season. Just when we think it can't get any worse on the pitch, it does.

1.) Liverpool 1-0 United - Losing at Anfield, awful.
2.) City 4-1 United - Joke of a result against them @#%&!s.
3.) United 1-2 West Brom - Played off the park by West Brom
4.) United 1-1 Southampton - Last minute equalizer from Southampton, which was coming.
5.) Cardiff 2-2 United - Another late equalizer.
6.) United 0-1 Everton - Late winner from Everton
7.) United 0-1 - Played off the park by Newcastle, never really looked like scoring.
8.) United 1-2 Spurs - Did well over Christmas, turned a corner? .. Beaten by spurs NYD
9.) United 1-2 Swansea - Knocked out the FA Cup a few days later to another late goal
10.) Chelsea 3-1 United - After early promise from united beaten comfortably.
11.) United 2-1 Sunderland - Concede a late goal only to get ourselves an even later goal... lose on penalty's.
12.) Stoke 2-1 United - Lose away at a terrible stoke side. It was wet and windy though (but not a Wednesday)
13.) United 2-2 Fulham - Late comeback complete? .. another late goal conceded.
14.) Olympiakos 2-0 United - Worst performance of the season in such a big game as well. Pathetic.

Now i would expect a few results / moments like this during a season but 14 before march ffs.

Whats the point in this thread you ask? I don't £#%&!ing know.

£#%&! off.

Unread 26-02-2014, 01:30 PM
believe

1. The football

Would have done.

Unread 26-02-2014, 01:35 PM
waynes ear's

Quote:
Originally Posted by believe
1. The football

Would have done.
This

Pink footballs?

£#%&! off

Seriously though, losing is part of the game. The manner in which we are losing though is frankly sickening

Unread 26-02-2014, 01:43 PM
BryanRobson'sLiver

Can't believe any topred would list us destroyiong the premier league crossing record as a "dreadful moment" :shakehead:

Unread 26-02-2014, 01:47 PM
Sneintzville

we just dont look like a team anymore, we take one step forward and then 3 steps back.

its all moyes'es fault at the end of the day, we played well against crystal palace so why not keep the same team minus mata and put kagawa in?????!!!!!

why the £#%&! would you play cleverly ashley young and valencia?..hes just a stupid £#%&!ing scottish @#%&!, cleverly is a £#%&!ing disgrace.

Kagawa was probably our best player. We had two chances and both came thru him. He did more good things in 30 mins than Cleverley and Valencia combined.

playing Cleverly has actually become a risk now, the guy is utterly pathetic but knowing moyes he will start him in every game now up until the end of the season.

Unread 26-02-2014, 01:57 PM
Pop

Unread 26-02-2014, 02:02 PM
Neo

Thumbs up

Great thread. Exactly what I needed today, tbh.

p.s. £#%&! off and die.

Unread 26-02-2014, 02:23 PM
Torquemada

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sneintzville
playing Cleverly has actually become a risk now, the guy is utterly pathetic but knowing moyes he will start him in every game now up until the end of the season.
Can't disagree with this. Cleverley is my new Most Hated United Player. All he did last night was steal Greek oxygen. At least Smalling's performance had some comedy value (if The Keystone Cops are your thing, that is….:shakehead

Unread 26-02-2014, 04:03 PM
Mr Castro

It started badly but it's just been getting worse.

I forget what game it was now but he came out at the end and said "I don't know what I have to do to win"

This is the manager of Manchester United people. And he doesn't know what he has to do to win.

Unread 26-02-2014, 04:09 PM
MJ Ramone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Castro
I forget what game it was now but he came out at the end and said "I don't know what I have to do to win"
He also said after the 2-2 at Cardiff that he would have taken a draw before the game:shakehead: £#%&!ing loser.

I'd add the 2-2 at Spurs & the 0-0 draws with Arsenal & Chelsea to the list of shit results too.
3 'big games' that were there for the taking (largely due to the ineptitude of the opposition on the day tbf) but we settled for a point in all of them.
Cast iron proof if ever it were needed that he doesn't have the courage or mentality to manage United.

Unread 26-02-2014, 04:12 PM
andyroo

The Chelsea one was £#%&!ing shit because it was such a golden opportunity to set the tone, start us off as a team that won the big games, take Mourinho down a peg or two. We played quite well and were on top, then he made his typical rubbish negative changes

Unread 26-02-2014, 05:16 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by barca99
I can't remember a season with so many dreadful results / moments.

Never mind Moyes and the off the field antics of pre season. Just when we think it can't get any worse on the pitch, it does.

1.) Liverpool 1-0 United - Losing at Anfield, awful.
2.) City 4-1 United - Joke of a result against them @#%&!s.
3.) United 1-2 West Brom - Played off the park by West Brom
4.) United 1-1 Southampton - Last minute equalizer from Southampton, which was coming.
5.) Cardiff 2-2 United - Another late equalizer.
6.) United 0-1 Everton - Late winner from Everton
7.) United 0-1 - Played off the park by Newcastle, never really looked like scoring.
8.) United 1-2 Spurs - Did well over Christmas, turned a corner? .. Beaten by spurs NYD
9.) United 1-2 Swansea - Knocked out the FA Cup a few days later to another late goal
10.) Chelsea 3-1 United - After early promise from united beaten comfortably.
11.) United 2-1 Sunderland - Concede a late goal only to get ourselves an even later goal... lose on penalty's.
12.) Stoke 2-1 United - Lose away at a terrible stoke side. It was wet and windy though (but not a Wednesday)
13.) United 2-2 Fulham - Late comeback complete? .. another late goal conceded.
14.) Olympiakos 2-0 United - Worst performance of the season in such a big game as well. Pathetic.

Now i would expect a few results / moments like this during a season but 14 before march ffs.

Whats the point in this thread you ask? I don't £#%&!ing know.

£#%&! off.
One that should maybe get mentioned more than it does.

We are 1-0 up, albeit slightly fortunately - but instead of trying to make the game safe with another goal he makes horrendously negative, defensive substitutions. And the inevitable result.

A unimaginative mid-table manager who will always be just that. Has dragged United down to his level rather than the opposite (which, in all fairness, SAF and Sir Bob must have hoped for)

It is now a question of when he gets the tin tack, not if.

Unread 26-02-2014, 05:42 PM
Zorg

He was finished after the derby for me. Not just the defeat, but not changing a thing at half-time despite the first half having been an utter humiliation (what did he expect to happen later?), and then saying 'there will be more days like this'. A United manager saying that after a pasting from city ffs. :shakehead: He should have been publicly whipped, never mind sacked.

Unread 26-02-2014, 05:47 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorg
He was finished after the derby for me. Not just the defeat, but not changing a thing at half-time despite the first half having been an utter humiliation (what did he expect to happen later?), and then saying 'there will be more days like this'. A United manager saying that after a pasting from city ffs. :shakehead: He should have been publicly whipped, never mind sacked.
The following game, at home to West Brom, he makes big changes at HT when it is 0-0 and we haven't been anywhere near as bad.

And then......

The really damning thing is, he almost certainly did that after being slaughtered for *not* changing things in time the previous weekend. He just doesn't know what he is doing, FFS

Unread 26-02-2014, 06:24 PM
Zorg

Quote:
Originally Posted by red in cumbria
The following game, at home to West Brom, he makes big changes at HT when it is 0-0 and we haven't been anywhere near as bad.

And then......

The really damning thing is, he almost certainly did that after being slaughtered for *not* changing things in time the previous weekend. He just doesn't know what he is doing, FFS
Like when he said he didn't take off Van Persie that time because of what people might think.

Unread 27-02-2014, 12:04 PM
barca99

Its just been one big kick in the @#%&! after the other, god knows how many more there is to come but liverpool and city look nailed on

There will be no silver lining this season at all unless spurs nick fourth, which they wont.

Unread 27-02-2014, 12:11 PM
wiganste

We had 68 points after 27 games last season. That would see us 8 clear this season.

We have 45 now. A 23 point swing. Totally unacceptable. The man is a buffoon.

Unread 27-02-2014, 09:22 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiganste
We had 68 points after 27 games last season. That would see us 8 clear this season.

We have 45 now. A 23 point swing. Totally unacceptable. The man is a buffoon.
That is a loss of over a THIRD - £#%&! me :shakehead:

Unread 17-03-2014, 11:38 AM
barca99

Got to keep this bad boy up to date

15.) losing to Liverpool 3-0 at home.

Stand by for 16 and 17 in the coming days

Unread 17-03-2014, 11:39 AM
ScholesScoresGoals2

A 2-1 home defeat the the greeks and a 4-0 defeat to the Berties who also hit the bar 3 times
Closed Thread