United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 22-01-2016, 04:09 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
yeah, but king louis thinks schneidi and herrera is a midfield. he is #@&%!ed. it has consistently been his biggest weakness as united manager.

incidentally, you underestimate southampton.
Not particularly. Obviously I'd have Rojo at the back, but the idea is you pick a team based on the players who are available

Unread 22-01-2016, 04:13 PM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red
Not particularly. Obviously I'd have Rojo at the back, but the idea is you pick a team based on the players who are available
sure, but your comment was about schneidi and herrera in midfield. herrera is simply not a defensive midfielder (whatever king louis thinks) and is not right for a two-man midfield.... even allowing for the fact that a two-man midfield is a £#%&!ing abomination. southampton have quick players and an under-strength midfield will not be able to cover the ground. four dawdle-arses goal-hanging and not tracking back will not work.

Unread 22-01-2016, 04:18 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
sure, but your comment was about schneidi and herrera in midfield. herrera is simply not a defensive midfielder (whatever king louis thinks) and is not right for a two-man midfield.... even allowing for the fact that a two-man midfield is a £#%&!ing abomination. southampton have quick players and an under-strength midfield will not be able to cover the ground. four dawdle-arses goal-hanging and not tracking back will not work.
I don't think Van Gaal does think he's a deep midfielder, which is why he doesn't play him there much. That was clearly why he had that spell out of the team last season, because they were trying to coach him better for that role. Don't think it's been very successful.

But I'd still have him there ahead of Fellaini, as anybody + Fellaini is not a midfield.

Unread 22-01-2016, 04:20 PM
Billy Redface

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
Name some things that Fellaini does better than Herrera in a two-man midfield.

I'll get you started: there aren't any.

Unread 22-01-2016, 04:21 PM
jem

Quote:
anybody + Fellaini is not a midfield.
obviously. a two-man midfield is an abomination. fellaini is an abomination. fellaini in a two-man midfield is a twobominations.

however, I suggested a three-man midfield. plus herrera. :0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy Redface
Name some things that Fellaini does better than Herrera in a two-man midfield.

I'll get you started: there aren't any.

Unread 22-01-2016, 04:41 PM
Billy Redface

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
obviously. a two-man midfield is an abomination. fellaini is an abomination. fellaini in a two-man midfield is a twobominations.

however, I suggested a three-man midfield. plus herrera. :0)

You were pointing out how Herrera can't play in a two. We've been with Fellaini in a two with Herrera just ahead with some decent success, despite Fellaini being terrible at literally everything.

I was being a little facetious for effect, but if we're going to put Fellaini there, we really may as well put Herrera there

Unread 22-01-2016, 04:43 PM
barca99

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sizlack
This. They are bang in form.
Hardly, they have won 2 in a row at home to Watford and West Brom. They have lost their last 4 away to Norwich, West Ham, Palace and City.

All irrelevant as it will finish 0-0, 0-0 at HT must be 1/100 these days

Unread 22-01-2016, 04:50 PM
jem

Quote:
if we're going to put Fellaini there, we really may as well put Herrera there

Unread 22-01-2016, 05:33 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Rojo isn't available, I don't think.

Carrick worries me. Looked at times recently as if he's already thinking about retirement. Stoke and Norwich he was awful.
If "he" in this context means the entire team......

Unread 22-01-2016, 05:46 PM
Billy Redface

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
New to our recent line ups, Pol?

Unread 22-01-2016, 05:49 PM
jem

Quote:
New to our recent line ups, Pol?
you can't justify being a bit stupid on the grounds that van gaal is #@&%!ed.

Unread 22-01-2016, 07:34 PM
Coracao

.................................ddg

darmian........smalling......blind..........cbj

..................herrera....schneiderlin

januzaj...................................depay

..................rooney.....martial

Unread 22-01-2016, 10:54 PM
Switching Off

Unread 22-01-2016, 11:34 PM
RedMenace

0-2

Unread 22-01-2016, 11:59 PM
red in cumbria

Currently wondering how the crowd will react if we actually manage to score a goal before HT

Unread 23-01-2016, 01:34 AM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by red in cumbria
Currently wondering how the crowd will react if we actually manage to score a goal before HT
we'll never know.
Closed Thread