United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 09-02-2017, 11:03 PM
barca99

Default On this day...

The lowest point in the last 25 -30 years?

http://m.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/26004451

Unread 09-02-2017, 11:07 PM
Knockers

Quote:
Originally Posted by barca99

Losing 3-0 to City and Liverpool within days of each other where both matches could easily have been 100-0 was worse. Also whichever game saw the first airing of 'Kicking a Blue'.

Unread 09-02-2017, 11:11 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knockers
Losing 3-0 to City and Liverpool within days of each other where both matches could easily have been 100-0 was worse. Also whichever game saw the first airing of 'Kicking a Blue'.
Yep, liverpool coming to Old Trafford, winning 3 penalties (I still can't believe that) and romping away with a more than comfortable 3-0 win ranks as one of the lowest points I can remember.

Made even worse because in the 26 those @#%&!s have gone without winning the league, yo-yoing up and down the £#%&!ing table, they have never ever made it as easy for us at Anfield as we did for them that day.

Unread 09-02-2017, 11:17 PM
barca99

Both valid arguments. What a season

Unread 09-02-2017, 11:29 PM
Knockers

Quote:
Both valid arguments. What a season
Good for the soul. Think I was present for every OT defeat. Losing to Swansea in the FA Cup and it being no big deal. Felt all 80s in a quite cool way. Remember being 14 and suicidal at the end of the 94-95 season, which I now think was the best season in the club's history. Balls-out United-ery at its finest.

Unread 10-02-2017, 12:17 AM
red in cumbria

23/10/2011

Unread 10-02-2017, 01:13 AM
S/Side.Red

Big Rene taking the piss and that former non-league defender of Fulham's saying we reminded him of playing in the Conference South.

Amazing days. The bantz on here just about kept the place together

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
Yep, liverpool coming to Old Trafford, winning 3 penalties (I still can't believe that) and romping away with a more than comfortable 3-0 win ranks as one of the lowest points I can remember.

Knew Moysie was toast at that moment.

Unread 10-02-2017, 02:12 AM
Sparky***

3 Penalties though...£#%&!ing THREE In one game.

Can you imagine if United had been awarded 3 penalties in ANY game, let alone away at Liverpool? It would become the stuff of football folkore, like the stoppage time against Sheffield Wednesday, or Roy Keane and Jaap Stam shouting at Andy D'urso. We'd never hear the £#%&!ing end of it.

Yet again it was Clattenburg dishing out the penalties against United. I seem to remember him giving Leicester 2 penalties against us as well. How many has he given against United down the years now? Seems like it must be in double digits.

Unread 10-02-2017, 10:53 AM
dragflick

Quote:

Yet again it was Clattenburg dishing out the penalties against United. I seem to remember him giving Leicester 2 penalties against us as well. How many has he given against United down the years now? Seems like it must be in double digits.
That fake haired @#%&! does it as an ego thing, showing he won't be intimidated or he's not afraid to give big decisions etc :£#%&!er:

Unread 10-02-2017, 11:00 AM
andyroo

Quote:

Can you imagine if United had been awarded 3 penalties in ANY game, let alone away at Liverpool? It would become the stuff of football folkore, like the stoppage time against Sheffield Wednesday, or Roy Keane and Jaap Stam shouting at Andy D'urso. We'd never hear the £#%&!ing end of it.

On the other hand we did defend like absolute @#%&!s. Though the third one was a dive, and at least creasehead missed it. Not that that made us feel much better.

Unread 10-02-2017, 01:15 PM
CyrilSkeer

Quote:

That was the day we won the title for most crosses in a game! Moyes finest moment!

Unread 10-02-2017, 01:26 PM
ZiggyStardust

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red

Knew Moysie was toast at that moment.
Fergie

Looks the personification of seething there

Unread 10-02-2017, 06:19 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZiggyStardust
Fergie

Looks the personification of seething there
The moment he finally - FINALLY - realised what a hideous mistake he had made.

Though I expect he will go to his grave denying it, even to himself.

Unread 10-02-2017, 06:36 PM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:

we've had at least 3 penalties at anfield

99 irwin
van persie 2012
2015 rooney (missed)

and think there was one in the 80s as well

Unread 10-02-2017, 07:47 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumescent Throb
we've had at least 3 penalties at anfield

99 irwin
van persie 2012
2015 rooney (missed)

and think there was one in the 80s as well
That recently, eh?

Unread 10-02-2017, 08:08 PM
Tumescent Throb

how can a team scabbing a last gasp equaliser to escape OT with a point be the lowest point of the last 25 to 30 years?

what a £#%&!ing stupid thread.

Unread 10-02-2017, 08:30 PM
utd99

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumescent Throb
how can a team scabbing a last gasp equaliser to escape OT with a point be the lowest point of the last 25 to 30 years?

what a £#%&!ing stupid thread.
Of course. Nothing even comes close to that day in '12.

Unread 10-02-2017, 08:56 PM
HolyMackrelDoodleBonkon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knockers
Remember being 14 and suicidal at the end of the 94-95 season, which I now think was the best season in the club's history. Balls-out United-ery at its finest.
Yep loved every minute of West ham giving it the big un whilst stopping us winning a third title on the bounce, and the trip down to Wembley the following week was magical.
I'd go as far as saying it shits all over the final 10 days of the 98/99 season, nqat.

Unread 10-02-2017, 09:11 PM
Knockers

Quote:
Originally Posted by HolyMackrelDoodleBonkon
Yep loved every minute of West ham giving it the big un whilst stopping us winning a third title on the bounce, and the trip down to Wembley the following week was magical.
I'd go as far as saying it shits all over the final 10 days of the 98/99 season, nqat.
Pete Boyle on Big Breakfast>Keane in Turin, NQAT

Unread 10-02-2017, 09:14 PM
Pop

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red
Silent rage

Either that or he's had fifteen bottles of wine at half time he's obliviously pissing himself with gay abandon.

"Alex, you're wetting yourself. It's pouring everywhere"

"Huh?"
Closed Thread