United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 08-03-2023, 03:10 PM
naes_sean

Default Erik ten Hag, Marcus Rashford FULL pre-match press conference | Manchester United v Real Betis

vBet: https://www.utdforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=328291

Team News: https://www.utdforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=328285

Unread 08-03-2023, 03:19 PM
wiganste

I've enjoyed ETH's pressers this season but I can't bring myself round to watching that

Unread 08-03-2023, 03:46 PM
Seamus

look at the sad faces on them

Unread 08-03-2023, 03:48 PM
wiganste

Good

Unread 08-03-2023, 03:49 PM
Sandman

Pinched from elsewhere.

Quote:
Ten Hag on lessons from Liverpool

"We have to set conclusions and we talked about [it]. We have seen the game, we have to reset and bounce back."

Did the players let you down?

"No, we are in the same boat, we do it together. We win and lose together. We made a mess on Sunday and we have to deal with that."

Ten Hag on Fernandes

"Yes, definitely [still captain], I think he's playing a brilliant season, he's played an important role in the position that we are. He's giving energy to the team, running a lot with intensity, in the right way. He's pointing and coaching players, he's an inspiration for the whole team. No one is perfect, everyone makes mistakes. I'm really happy to have Bruno Fernandes in my team and I'm happy with him as our captain with Harry not on the pitch."

Ten Hag on the response

"Yes, the players reflected well. We also know in a season setbacks will always be there. This was a huge setback, clear, but we had a run with 23 games with one loss and that was the second. It had a lot of lessons in it and it can help us in the future. We were really below average, especially mentality-wise. We want to win trophies and you have to act different. After Sunday, we got a big lesson, we take it and we have to move on, look forward. Use all the energy and focus on the next game."

Rashford comments:

Rashford on his improvement

"The main thing is that I came into the season fit. I was 100% fit, I had a good training camp before pre-season and then it was c change with the new manager, new staff and way of playing. It was exciting for me and I've not looked back since then. We've come on a lot as a team and won big games in our style and it's been a while since I could say that. We've tried our best to play our football."

Rashford on Liverpool

"Liverpool versus United is a unique game, it doesn't matter about form, it's a special game of football that is decided in 90 minutes on the pitch. Going in at half-time, it could have been a different game. I missed a chance to make it 1-0. They can take the game away from you and that's what happened. It's about resetting now."

Rashford on Liverpool collapse

"We didn't give up - that is nonsense. We were unorganised and communication was bad. It comes down to the fact I believe everyone was trying to get back into the game that much, we came away from the principles in and out of possession. I felt the forwards were trying to press, just the forward unit, and were disconnected from the midfield. We were talking but weren't in agreement on what to do. The only thing we can do is learn from it and move on. "

Rashford on Liverpool

"Losing against Liverpool is enough. The scoreline doesn't matter when you lose a game against Liverpool or any other rivals, it cuts deep, it's not nice, it's never a nice feeling but for me, I always remember how many games we've won against them. It's football and why everyone loves the game. It's disappointing but we can't dwell on it and look back. We're in a position where we're still fighting on all fronts and we have a lot of games still to play. We want to put it right."

Rashford on Fernandes

"I love playing with Bruno, as you can imagine. He's the perfect player to play with. He's been a good leader for us, even when he's not captain, which is always a good sign. He's helped other players become better leaders and the reality is that we can't be an organised team in terms of just one leader being captain. He's done a lot for us. I don't have anything negative to say about Bruno. As the manager said, nobody is perfect. I support him and I'm 100% behind him."
Closed Thread