United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
View Poll Results: Would you like Manchester United to sign Jadon Sancho?
Yes 40 75.47%
No 13 24.53%
Voters: 53. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Unread 14-05-2021, 01:21 PM
Dasilvatwins

Quote:
Originally Posted by naes_sean
I think, and I might be wrong about this, but we are allowed to sign more than one player this summer.
Try telling woodward that. Theyll put all their eggs in one basket for a high profile marquee signing which can act as good PR for the owners.

Unread 14-05-2021, 04:17 PM
Dr Stranger

Signing him might get Greenwood more time centrally too. It’s where we expect him to end up, he’s improving all the time. Maybe next season is the one where he’s phased into that position. It’ll also save the club having to fork out for a striker

Unread 14-05-2021, 04:18 PM
Sparky***

anyone see Haaland just swat Upmacano aside

55 seconds

Unread 14-05-2021, 04:38 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Stranger
Signing him might get Greenwood more time centrally too. It’s where we expect him to end up, he’s improving all the time. Maybe next season is the one where he’s phased into that position. It’ll also save the club having to fork out for a striker
We seem hellbent on having one main player for each position and shite back up. When it’s suggest we buy someone it’s ‘but then ‘X’ won’t play’ it’s %@#$&!s.

Unread 14-05-2021, 04:40 PM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
We seem hellbent on having one main player for each position and shite back up. When it’s suggest we buy someone it’s ‘but then ‘X’ won’t play’ it’s %@#$&!s.
We have one winger and it’s Dan James. I’d say we need Sancho pretty badly. Greenwood is going to be great for us and no signing is going to change that.

Unread 14-05-2021, 04:53 PM
jem

diallo is only a year younger than greenwood.

no one is saying we couldn't do with sancho. if we're spending a billion, ship him in.

Unread 14-05-2021, 05:12 PM
Coracao

Could do with one to play on the left as well.

Unread 14-05-2021, 05:37 PM
Surfers do Charlie

He's a huge upgrade on Martial, so I'm in.

Sell Martial to PSG for millions of Euros to lessen the financial outlay.

Would love to see those three English fowards all buzzing around Cavani and learning from him

Unread 16-05-2021, 10:12 PM
20LEgend1999

For those who are still unconvinced.

Stats like this are what the football is all about. If you don't get into the game thinking "one day I'll register 10 plus assists in three consecutive season, just like a man of my nationality did about two decades ago", then you're in the wrong sport.

Unread 16-05-2021, 11:08 PM
red in cumbria

Now what about "assist assists"? You aren't a genuine football connoisseur unless you truly appreciate those

Unread 17-05-2021, 08:27 AM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by red in cumbria
Now what about "assist assists"? You aren't a genuine football connoisseur unless you truly appreciate those
And don’t forget Key Contributions.

Unread 17-05-2021, 08:56 AM
ScarFace

He is exactly what we need....once we sign a top class central defender & worldie defensive midfielder.

I don't think our season is any different if we'd signed him last summer due to mcaids and idiots in central defence.

Unread 17-05-2021, 09:17 AM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScarFace
He is exactly what we need....once we sign a top class central defender & worldie defensive midfielder.

I don't think our season is any different if we'd signed him last summer due to mcaids and idiots in central defence.
Some of those 'Manchester United 0's definitely would've been changed in Sancho had been in the team.

Unread 17-05-2021, 09:19 AM
Dr Stranger

Him and a McFred upgrade would improve us massively. The latter will make the defence a lot better.

Can’t see us getting Sancho and a striker, with Cavani staying. Sancho will bring genuine quality and flexibility to the forwards and allow Greenwood to push for that central role.

£150m will get it done.

Unread 17-05-2021, 09:35 AM
Patty_b

Quote:
Him and a McFred upgrade would improve us massively. The latter will make the defence a lot better.

Can’t see us getting Sancho and a striker, with Cavani staying. Sancho will bring genuine quality and flexibility to the forwards and allow Greenwood to push for that central role.

£150m will get it done.
Sancho and a real life midfielder would be the absolute best we can hope for in the summer. I'd even take a bit of Cavani-esque busines for a midfielder, an older stop-gap player for a season or two if it means we can get someone in there. next season

Maybe offer Fred as a sacrifice to the football gods in return for Maguire staying injury free next season. Are sacrificial donkeys a thing?

Unread 17-05-2021, 09:37 AM
Dasilvatwins

Quote:
And don’t forget Key Contributions.
The thing that baffles me is that the mainstream eat all crap like that up. "sprints" is one of my favourite

Its modern society in a nutshell. Expose people to as much " information" as possible no matter what it is. Eventually meaning and application is lost and we end up with people using " information" , forming an opinion and spewing it as a fact . Combine it with social media where it can be shown across the world and you end up with the shit we are in now.

Unread 17-05-2021, 09:44 AM
sweetleftfoot

Quote:

£150m will get it done.
Insert Ed Woodward gif here

Unread 17-05-2021, 10:02 AM
waynes ear's

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetleftfoot
Insert Ed Woodward gif here

Unread 17-05-2021, 10:25 AM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by waynes ear's
sancho + haaland for fred + £50mio.

Unread 17-05-2021, 03:29 PM
92ToBury

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
what is the question?

would you like sancho? obvs.

would you like just sancho? no.

would you like sancho at the expense of two defensive midfielders, a centre half, a right back who can cross, a centre forward? or any one of those? no.

I don't look at our team and think we need sancho. we need martial and rashford to be fit and we need greenwood to be given more of a chance - he is the future.

midfield is where we look shit in every £#%&!ing game.
Closed Thread