United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
View Poll Results: Would you take going down a division if we moved to a 50+1 model?
yes 81 96.43%
no 3 3.57%
Voters: 84. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Unread 04-05-2021, 12:32 PM
ScarFace

Quote:
Originally Posted by est.1878
See how quickly a 4bn valuation disintigrates if games aren't played /fans don't attend, and sponsor deals are made toxic
Yup. Hopefully carries on.

Unread 04-05-2021, 12:32 PM
utd99

Quote:
Originally Posted by suedeshoes
Do you not think so? Ah well.
So explain how it works then. Educate me; because just saying “50+1” and leaving it at that doesn’t really explain anything does it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by est.1878
See how quickly a 4bn valuation disintigrates if games aren't played /fans don't attend, and sponsor deals are made toxic
That may be a plan for United and United supporters specifically, but you were talking about legislative manifestos forcing owners into minority ownership. I agree that there’s political capital to be had here, but they have to be very careful about the ramifications for every privately held business in the country if they set this precedent.

Unread 04-05-2021, 01:24 PM
suedeshoes

Quote:
Originally Posted by utd99
So explain how it works then. Educate me
You're correct. It won't happen.

In terms of educating you. You could Google "what does stating the bleeding obvious mean?".

Unread 04-05-2021, 01:27 PM
utd99

Quote:
Originally Posted by suedeshoes
You're correct. It won't happen.

In terms of educating you. You could Google "what does stating the bleeding obvious mean?".
So 50+1 is not an actual discussion topic then? Cheers.

Unread 04-05-2021, 01:29 PM
red red robbo

Quote:
At no point did I suggest things couldn’t be better, but when addressing a proposed systemic change, not only to football but to corporate governance in the whole country, don’t you think it’s appropriate at some point to ask how?

I honestly don’t believe that your solution of just giving it away is going to gain much traction in legislative circles mate.
Of course he doesn't. jem just votes for things then hopes that someone sensible will sort them out in a sensible way, despite all the available evidence being to the contrary, then blames everyone else for everything turning to shit

Unread 04-05-2021, 01:29 PM
jem

Quote:
when addressing a proposed systemic change, not only to football but to corporate governance in the whole country, don’t you think it’s appropriate at some point to ask how?

I honestly don’t believe that your solution of just giving it away is going to gain much traction in legislative circles mate.
leave my personal life out of it.

I've told you how. believe it or don't.

Unread 04-05-2021, 07:59 PM
utd99

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
leave my personal life out of it.

I've told you how. believe it or don't.
You said force them to give it away. I assumed you were joking.

Unread 04-05-2021, 08:12 PM
Sapien

Quote:
Originally Posted by red red robbo
Of course he doesn't. jem just votes for things then hopes that someone sensible will sort them out in a sensible way, despite all the available evidence being to the contrary, then blames everyone else for everything turning to shit
'Assume a can opener'

Unread 04-05-2021, 08:16 PM
Zorg

Quote:
Specifically, the people who repeatedly warned it was a bad idea

Unread 04-05-2021, 09:51 PM
jem

Quote:
You said force them to give it away. I assumed you were joking.
if the regulations stated that teams had to be owned 50+1, whose problem would it be to offload the shares?

and, if they quibbled about the valuation, how much would any club be worth that wasn't allowed to play in any official competition or that fans wouldn't watch or that clubs wouldn't sell players to?

you lack imagination.

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sapien
'Assume a can opener'
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorg
Specifically, the people who repeatedly warned it was a bad idea
you remainers seem unhappy with the brexit thread being ignored by pretty much everyone.

Unread 04-05-2021, 10:12 PM
Switching Off

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorg
Local derby v FC
Segregation?

Unread 04-05-2021, 10:19 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
you remainers seem unhappy with the brexit thread being ignored by pretty much everyone.
The same thread that you post on multiple times daily?

Unread 04-05-2021, 10:48 PM
Zorg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Switching Off
Segregation?

Unread 04-05-2021, 10:58 PM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by red in cumbria
The same thread that you post on multiple times daily?
yes. that one.

Unread 05-05-2021, 03:28 AM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
if the regulations stated that teams had to be owned 50+1, whose problem would it be to offload the shares?

and, if they quibbled about the valuation, how much would any club be worth that wasn't allowed to play in any official competition or that fans wouldn't watch or that clubs wouldn't sell players to?

you lack imagination.

City were banned from the CL for 2 seasons for breaking the ‘rules’ how did that turn out?

I’m sure trying to ban clubs from competition for not following 50+1 legislation would have a similar fate.

Unread 05-05-2021, 05:05 AM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
City were banned from the CL for 2 seasons for breaking the ‘rules’ how did that turn out?

I’m sure trying to ban clubs from competition for not following 50+1 legislation would have a similar fate.
oh, well... if you're sure.

english clubs were banned from europe for something fans of another team did. rangers were relegated. bury are currently banned from participating in the league.

but.... if you're sure.

christ, there some obstructively negative @#%&! on here. if governments, football authorities, most teams and fans want fair competition in football... I reckon they could even stop something like a breakaway esl.

Unread 05-05-2021, 06:35 AM
dunk

Jem, for a supposedly smart individual you’re thick as £#%&!.

Unread 05-05-2021, 08:14 AM
jem

Quote:
Jem, for a supposedly smart individual you’re thick as £#%&!.
for someone who supposedly cares about football, you're a timid little @#%&!. how do you even get up in the morning?

Unread 05-05-2021, 08:34 AM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
for someone who supposedly cares about football, you're a timid little @#%&!. how do you even get up in the morning?

City are about to win a CL they're banned from, yeah, let's just tell all the clubs that unless their ownership is 50+1 they're banned, that'll work Tell all the billionaire businessmen they have to give away half of their business, they will all take that on without a fight.

It's dead easy to make sweeping recommendations that are utter pie in the sky. Try thinking up something workable or even possible.

Unread 05-05-2021, 09:05 AM
jem

Quote:

City are about to win a CL they're banned from, yeah, let's just tell all the clubs that unless their ownership is 50+1 they're banned, that'll work Tell all the billionaire businessmen they have to give away half of their business, they will all take that on without a fight.

It's dead easy to make sweeping recommendations that are utter pie in the sky. Try thinking up something workable or even possible.
maybe go and have a lie down? you've earned it.
Closed Thread