United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
View Poll Results: Would you take going down a division if we moved to a 50+1 model?
yes 81 96.43%
no 3 3.57%
Voters: 84. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Unread 04-05-2021, 02:46 AM
shenwen

yep.
would be fun seeing Sky and the PL squirm without our viewing figures.

Unread 04-05-2021, 04:49 AM
Patty_b

Would love to see it

Quote:
Originally Posted by shenwen
yep.
would be fun seeing Sky and the PL squirm without our viewing figures.
Would be fun seeing how much they fork out for the television rights for our games, and seeing our average attendance in the Championshio beat anything in the Premier League.

Unread 04-05-2021, 04:59 AM
JamesPolk

Quote:
Originally Posted by armchair
I think this is the fundamental thing the glazers just don't get. They think we want to play the same teams every years forever when a majority would actually be on to drop a division just to get rid of them.

Be so hot winning the fa cup from the championship. Also if we were in the champs league

They are probably the most deluded @#%&!s in world of European/English sports if I ever saw one. They might not be like this in American sports world considering they basicly traded for Tom Brady and half of the Patriots office and they won their second Super Bowl. However when It comes to United they have shown them self time and time again of being unfit and not proper as they have no clue how English/European Football works, the ESL ficaso was the latest confirmation of that. Thats why its soe important to protest against them and get them out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patty_b
Would love to see it

Would be fun seeing how much they fork out for the television rights for our games, and seeing our average attendance in the Championshio beat anything in the Premier League.
Didn't United have the highest attedance in 1974-75? When in Division 2?

Unread 04-05-2021, 05:55 AM
Bunker Buster

Never had RiC down as a Glazer scab

Unread 04-05-2021, 06:36 AM
thatsfuctit

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesPolk

Didn't United have the highest attedance in 1974-75? When in Division 2?
Yes

http://red11.org/mufc/stats/attendances.htm

Unread 04-05-2021, 06:39 AM
waynes ear's

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBishi
I'd take going down on me own nan if it guaranteed 50+1 ownership

Unread 04-05-2021, 07:12 AM
Hyman_Roth

In a heartbeat.

Unread 04-05-2021, 07:25 AM
My Name is Heath

Let’s be honest - it’d be great fun.

Other clubs would bloody love it - imagine the giddiness when United roll into town - and as I get older, I realise it is how things make us feel that we remember. It’d create some amazing memories.

Sorry to say but this is a reminder of the worst excesses of capitalism.

Unread 04-05-2021, 07:50 AM
RARAMSES

It would be great to get rid of the leeches, but it shouldnt need us to go down, if we are looking at this never going to happen scenario then the government should make it happen to all clubs. Scrap the PL and SKY rights go to the match or watch MOTD make it a level playing field,

Unread 04-05-2021, 07:54 AM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by RARAMSES
It would be great to get rid of the leeches, but it shouldnt need us to go down, if we are looking at this never going to happen scenario then the government should make it happen to all clubs
not sure anyone is actually offering the trade.

Unread 04-05-2021, 07:55 AM
RARAMSES

Edited to make more sense in my mind anyway

Unread 04-05-2021, 07:59 AM
Vedder

I’d take conference football if those rats fcked off

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
Always fancied a year in the championship tbh.
Absolutely brilliant league. Best in the world

Unread 04-05-2021, 08:08 AM
est.1878

Enforced 50+1 in an election manifesto for either party would surely be a swing vote winner..

Unread 04-05-2021, 12:54 PM
Lodestar

100%. It would cleanse the club on so many levels.

Unread 04-05-2021, 12:56 PM
Zorg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Switching Off
I'd take non league.
Local derby v FC

Unread 04-05-2021, 01:13 PM
utd99

Quote:
Originally Posted by est.1878
Enforced 50+1 in an election manifesto for either party would surely be a swing vote winner..
Never gonna happen. They would have to enforce it on every single privately owned pro team in the UK, and even if they forced current owners to dilute to a minority stake, how do you value the shares? Who sets the price? Is it a float or are they forced to offer up existing shares? How do you force owners of other clubs who aren’t parasitic blood suckers like the Glazers, and haven’t violated any laws to sell? It creates a very dangerous precedent. What about other sports or even other industries?

Cited models such as Germany and Barcelona for example were established at valuations at a fraction of Premier League teams. Who’s going to buy 50%+1 of United at a 4 billion pound valuation? Even the valuation itself is so arbitrary that if you look at Deloitte, Forbes and 18 other accounting firms valuations you’d get 20 different numbers. Do fans even have the dough to buy in at these ludicrous levels?

Best we could hope for is a legislation mandated seat on the board and an owners charter about future conduct. How that would work, and how much power the fans voice would have in reality I’ve no £#%&!ing idea.

Unread 04-05-2021, 01:24 PM
ScarFace

Quote:
Originally Posted by red in cumbria
Picked the wrong one by mistake. Honest
That's what your lot will say in 10 years time.

Unread 04-05-2021, 01:26 PM
suedeshoes

Quote:
Originally Posted by utd99
Never gonna happen.
Do you not think so? Ah well.

Unread 04-05-2021, 01:30 PM
est.1878

See how quickly a 4bn valuation disintigrates if games aren't played /fans don't attend, and sponsor deals are made toxic

Unread 04-05-2021, 01:32 PM
Zorg

Quote:
Originally Posted by utd99
Never gonna happen. They would have to enforce it on every single privately owned pro team in the UK, and even if they forced current owners to dilute to a minority stake, how do you value the shares? Who sets the price? Is it a float or are they forced to offer up existing shares? How do you force owners of other clubs who aren’t parasitic blood suckers like the Glazers, and haven’t violated any laws to sell? It creates a very dangerous precedent. What about other sports or even other industries?

Cited models such as Germany and Barcelona for example were established at valuations at a fraction of Premier League teams. Who’s going to buy 50%+1 of United at a 4 billion pound valuation? Even the valuation itself is so arbitrary that if you look at Deloitte, Forbes and 18 other accounting firms valuations you’d get 20 different numbers. Do fans even have the dough to buy in at these ludicrous levels?

Best we could hope for is a legislation mandated seat on the board and an owners charter about future conduct. How that would work, and how much power the fans voice would have in reality I’ve no £#%&!ing idea.
Listen, making rash decisions without thinking through the consequences has never held Britain back before.
Closed Thread