United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
View Poll Results: Would you take going down a division if we moved to a 50+1 model?
yes 81 96.43%
no 3 3.57%
Voters: 84. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Unread 05-05-2021, 01:42 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyman_Roth
Tbf - a successful negotiating technique is to demand the undemandable knowing that you’ll settle for something far less onerous.

Your seat on the board thing is probably an accurate position of what we end up with but it’s surely shouldn’t be the starting position?

I was always convinced the esl was a rouse to get a relaxation elsewhere - still a bit dumbfounded that they were actually serious about it. The dicks.
Deffo start with murdering the whole family then.

Unread 05-05-2021, 01:44 PM
utd99

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
He thinks the Government can pass legislation that would mean billionaire owners of a business registered in Delaware, USA (? I think) can be forced to relinquish shares and/or voting rights in the UK.

They can't even get Brexit right ffs, Or anything for that matter.

And if that doesn’t work he’ll just be forced to use his ring of power.

Unread 05-05-2021, 01:44 PM
Hyman_Roth

Quote:
He thinks the Government can pass legislation that would mean billionaire owners of a business registered in Delaware, USA (? I think) can be forced to relinquish shares and/or voting rights in the UK.

They can't even get Brexit right ffs, Or anything for that matter.
No but the prem league can create rules about its own league that encourages owners to relinquish their shares. It happens in industry all the time through statutory and regulatory powers to a greater or lesser extent.

The companies that used to make flammable cladding don’t make flammable cladding anymore. Buildings regulatory approval wouldn’t be granted for that type of product. The companies involved have to change or leave the industry.

Not sure what you’re being so narrow minded tbh.

Unread 05-05-2021, 01:47 PM
dunk

Quote:
No but the prem league can create rules about its own league that encourages owners to relinquish their shares. It happens in industry all the time through statutory and regulatory powers to a greater or lesser extent.

The companies that used to make flammable cladding don’t make flammable cladding anymore. Buildings regulatory approval wouldn’t be granted for that type of product. The companies involved have to change or leave the industry.

Because in this instance the league is beholden to the members; without United, City etc. there is no product and they die. It's not the same thing. They also have far fewer resources to be able to fight any legal challenge, and they know it.

It doesn't matter one jot to the regulatory board who is manufacturing/selling cladding, it sure as £#%&! matters to the PL who is playing in the PL.

Unread 05-05-2021, 01:50 PM
Patty_b

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
it's not because I know I am wrong; it's because you don't know you're wrong. nothing ever gets done by people being negative. if you think that governments and football authorities don't have the power to govern the game, then I can't fix you. I've got better things to do than trying to get through to you. also, not only can billionaire businessmen be forced to give up half of their business (a) there are ways to make that business worthless (could be achieved by enough people just lying in bed - you could manage that, couldn't you?); and (b) if you read what I actually wrote, it is not necessary to hand over 50% of the ownership, merely voting rights to veto certain actions.

what's your £#%&!ing answer? doing £#%&! all. mocking any potential solution. £#%&! off.
Quote:

Too right

Unread 05-05-2021, 01:57 PM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by utd99

You were the one who used the word “gratis” mate. Why don’t you look up the definition in the Clever @#%&!s dictionary?
I don't need to look it up, because I know what it means. and it's not "willingly".

your solution was representation on the board or legislative restrictions. they wouldn't willingly accept either of those either. they will have to be forced to do anything other than dipping into our pockets.

think big or whine like a stupid @#%&!. you've made your choice, but it's not too late to change your mind.

Unread 05-05-2021, 02:10 PM
utd99

Quote:

People like Steve Parish and Mike Ashley may hate the super league clubs but they’re never going to vote for rules that undermine them too. We are United supporters and only think and care about United, but any rules that the PL introduces will apply to all clubs not just United.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
I don't need to look it up, because I know what it means. and it's not "willingly".

your solution was representation on the board or legislative restrictions. they wouldn't willingly accept either of those either. they will have to be forced to do anything other than dipping into our pockets.

think big or whine like a stupid @#%&!. you've made your choice, but it's not too late to change your mind.
No one is disagreeing that they’ll have to be forced, just keep it real world. The more outlandish the proposal the less seriously we’ll be taken, and the more it will reinforce this narrative the establishment are desperately pushing that supporters are out of touch morons.

Unread 05-05-2021, 03:16 PM
Hyman_Roth

Quote:
Because in this instance the league is beholden to the members; without United, City etc. there is no product and they die. It's not the same thing. They also have far fewer resources to be able to fight any legal challenge, and they know it.

It doesn't matter one jot to the regulatory board who is manufacturing/selling cladding, it sure as £#%&! matters to the PL who is playing in the PL.
What are city and United going to do if they don’t get their own way? Play themselves 19 times a season? United command big audiences because they play in a competitive league against the other 19 clubs. No doubt they carry greater weight but it’s not a black and white issue.

The issue is that the prem league isn’t motivated to do anything not that it can’t. That’s where Sunday comes in.

Unread 05-05-2021, 03:19 PM
dunk

Quote:
What are city and United going to do if they don’t get their own way? Play themselves 19 times a season? United command big audiences because they play in a competitive league against the other 19 clubs. No doubt they carry greater weight but it’s not a black and white issue.

The issue is that the prem league isn’t motivated to do anything not that it can’t. That where Sunday comes in.
It won't just be United and City though. It would basically give 'the big 6' opportunity to £#%&! off and start their own league, which is what they want anyway.

Unread 05-05-2021, 04:53 PM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by utd99
No one is disagreeing that they’ll have to be forced, just keep it real world. The more outlandish the proposal the less seriously we’ll be taken, and the more it will reinforce this narrative the establishment are desperately pushing that supporters are out of touch morons.
I am happy to be interviewed.
Closed Thread