United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 02-05-2021, 10:58 PM
ScarFace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Switching Off
"Under the Glazerships reign" says Jenas.

He's comfortably on 6 figures for this.
tbf he was a great player so thats why he has the job

Unread 02-05-2021, 11:01 PM
ZiggyStardust

Andy Mitten is very good speaking on topics like this
Really calm and clear in getting his points across

Shearer and Jenas

Unread 02-05-2021, 11:01 PM
Fat Al

Quote:
Originally Posted by History
Brilliant. Top billing on MOTD. No other set of supporters capable of this
Top billing without even kicking a £#%&!ing ball.

Unread 02-05-2021, 11:04 PM
Zorg

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZiggyStardust
Andy Mitten is very good speaking on topics like this
Really calm and clear in getting his points across

Shearer and Jenas
He was brilliant.

Showing a table of top spenders ffs.
Yes, the protesters are just annoyed we didn’t buy £#%&!ing Sancho
They are so £#%&!ing thick it’s incredible.

Unread 02-05-2021, 11:12 PM
Switching Off

Just watched it on iplayer for Mitten. Jenas actually said "it's a bit unfair you've asked me about this"

Unread 02-05-2021, 11:13 PM
History

Quote:
Just watched it on iplayer for Mitten. Jenas actually said "it's a bit unfair you've asked me about this"

'Its unfair you expect me to even do the slightest bit of research for the top news story of the day'

Whopper

Unread 02-05-2021, 11:15 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
i mean, why is he even on there in that case??

Unread 02-05-2021, 11:16 PM
Fat Al

Quote:
Originally Posted by red in cumbria
i mean, why is he even on there//
BBC employee now int he?

Isn't he on the One Show full time now?

Unread 03-05-2021, 09:55 AM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Oh they love that one. Happy to chime in with their opinion, but when someone is more informed, they go with “hey, I’m not even a United fan”. Well, shut the £#%&! up then!

Unread 03-05-2021, 10:27 AM
AK14

Jenas is by the worst pundit there is imo

Unread 03-05-2021, 12:00 PM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK14
Jenas is by the worst pundit there is imo
He’s the worst kind.

Keown
Jenas
Murphy

Idiots who think they’re smart.

Unread 03-05-2021, 03:24 PM
Zorg

Quote:
"Under the Glazerships reign" says Jenas.

He's comfortably on 6 figures for this.
This isn't getting enough attention.

Genuinely have no idea what was in his head. Glazerships

Unread 03-05-2021, 03:46 PM
Switching Off

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorg
This isn't getting enough attention.

Genuinely have no idea what was in his head. Glazerships
I tweeted it to him but I have about 6 followers. Need Magic or somebody on it.

Unread 03-05-2021, 05:18 PM
Sparky***

Football pundits in this country are £#%&!ing morons for the most part

BBC and BT tend to employ the biggest idiots out there

Unread 03-05-2021, 05:26 PM
elhombre

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***

they're thick as pigshit and have no skills other than in the game they played.

Jenas, Shearer.... thick as shit.

what could they do other than what they're doing? it's their only source of work... they have to say and do the stuff they do because if they rock the boat they've nowhere to go... Jenas is just a prop. he offers no insight. he soiled himself last night when he had to answer tricky questions as he didn't want to court controversy and potentially trip himself up. he's a footballing version of Brick from Anchorman.

Unread 03-05-2021, 05:29 PM
utd99

Quote:

Why do they still think that kicking a ball about for a decade qualifies them to analyze anything or think critically about social issues? Half of them can hardly string two coherent sentences together ffs. They could get ten times the analysis for a tenth of the cost if they just stopped this love affair with ex pros.

Unread 03-05-2021, 05:32 PM
Fat Al

Quote:
Originally Posted by elhombre

what could they do other than what they're doing? it's their only source of work... they have to say and do the stuff they do because if they rock the boat they've nowhere to go... Jenas is just a prop. he offers no insight. he soiled himself last night when he had to answer tricky questions as he didn't want to court controversy and potentially trip himself up. he's a footballing version of Brick from Anchorman.
Jenas must have dirt on someone at the BBC - he's also got a regular gig presenting the One Show as well.

Unread 03-05-2021, 05:49 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by elhombre

I try not to get too wound up by other people's opinions on our ownership but i must admit it infuriates me when they start pulling out the "look how much they've spent on players" stuff.

Firstly, "they" haven't spent a £#%&!ing thing on the club. Ever. Secondly this isn't about us buying players, this is about the way the entire club is owned and operated, because at the moment it's treated like a £#%&!ing marketing company that just so happens to have a weekend football team.

The money spent on the first team has been sporadic in their years of ownership at best. In the early years the interest payments on the debt were so enormous that despite winning 3 titles a row, a european cup and getting to back to back champions league finals, we still had to use all the money from selling Ronaldo to pay them in 2009. There has been nothing like consistent investment. The only time the club was allowed to actually invest serious amounts of money was when it looked like qualifying for the champions league was in jeopardy after ferguson left. Then as soon as that was achieved, the investment was then scaled back.

The last major work on the stadium in 2005 when the tiers were added behind the goals was already approved and paid for by the time they took over, again it had nothing to do with them. They've been in control for 16 years and the stadium hasn't had any kind of modernising done whatsoever. With the money they've siphoned out of the club you could have built a brand new 100k seater stadium to be the envy of europe.

They earmark just enough funds to ensure that qualification for the champions league happens and thus make sure the sponsors requirements are met. Patch the cash cow up to get it to the next season. That's basically their main objective. They have no plan on how to take the club forward, they have absolutely no intention of allowing the club to spend enough money to actually challenge seriously for a title any time soon and they have effectively turned a universal beacon of sustained success into perennial also-rans and a decade long running joke in the english media.

But yeah "look how much they've spent compared to PSG"

Unread 03-05-2021, 05:51 PM
dunk

I’ve been saying it for years, but what they spend on transfers is all smoke and mirrors anyway, it looks like we’re spending loads, but it’s under specific conditions that suit us, as a result we end up committing to higher prices for the wrong players rather than getting into genuine battles for the right players that would lead to less favourable payment terms.

Unread 03-05-2021, 06:21 PM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
I try not to get too wound up by other people's opinions on our ownership but i must admit it infuriates me when they start pulling out the "look how much they've spent on players" stuff.

Firstly, "they" haven't spent a £#%&!ing thing on the club. Ever. Secondly this isn't about us buying players, this is about the way the entire club is owned and operated, because at the moment it's treated like a £#%&!ing marketing company that just so happens to have a weekend football team.

The money spent on the first team has been sporadic in their years of ownership at best. In the early years the interest payments on the debt were so enormous that despite winning 3 titles a row, a european cup and getting to back to back champions league finals, we still had to use all the money from selling Ronaldo to pay them in 2009. There has been nothing like consistent investment. The only time the club was allowed to actually invest serious amounts of money was when it looked like qualifying for the champions league was in jeopardy after ferguson left. Then as soon as that was achieved, the investment was then scaled back.

The last major work on the stadium in 2005 when the tiers were added behind the goals was already approved and paid for by the time they took over, again it had nothing to do with them. They've been in control for 16 years and the stadium hasn't had any kind of modernising done whatsoever. With the money they've siphoned out of the club you could have built a brand new 100k seater stadium to be the envy of europe.

They earmark just enough funds to ensure that qualification for the champions league happens and thus make sure the sponsors requirements are met. Patch the cash cow up to get it to the next season. That's basically their main objective. They have no plan on how to take the club forward, they have absolutely no intention of allowing the club to spend enough money to actually challenge seriously for a title any time soon and they have effectively turned a universal beacon of sustained success into perennial also-rans and a decade long running joke in the english media.

But yeah "look how much they've spent compared to PSG"
Spot on.

They’ve mastered the art of looking like they’ve spent enough. They haven’t. And nothing the club makes goes back into the club. They do the bare minimum to get the bare minimum.
Closed Thread