United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 05-05-2021, 08:58 PM
The Stella Fella

Only method I reckon will work is attendances of less than 10/20k per game each and every game. Empty stadium week after week so no renewal of season tickets etc that in itself will trouble sponsors but let’s be honest there will still be millions around the world that watch each televised game

Unread 05-05-2021, 09:01 PM
Dasilvatwins

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Stella Fella
Only method I reckon will work is attendances of less than 10/20k per game each and every game. Empty stadium week after week so no renewal of season tickets etc that in itself will trouble sponsors but let’s be honest there will still be millions around the world that watch each televised game
You’re underestimating match day revenue. It’s probably the primary reason during Covid that’s £#%&!ed all the clubs. Otherwise there wouldn’t be much of an issue as tv money is still coming in.

Unread 05-05-2021, 09:05 PM
ScarFace

Quote:
Originally Posted by est.1878
How much are they for a basic one

Forum crowd fund?

Launch from rubberkneckerers boat

Give them avram ponytails
500 to 1k would do it.

Unread 05-05-2021, 09:15 PM
The Stella Fella

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dasilvatwins
You’re underestimating match day revenue. It’s probably the primary reason during Covid that’s £#%&!ed all the clubs. Otherwise there wouldn’t be much of an issue as tv money is still coming in.
Hence I said the only method that will work is attendances of 10/20k thereby significant reduction in match day revenue.

Unread 05-05-2021, 09:22 PM
no fun

Quote:
Hence I said the only method that will work is attendances of 10/20k thereby significant reduction in match day revenue.
Crowd out the megastore from an hour before ko....buy nothing

Boycott drink and food...I’m sure anyone tempted could be “discouraged”

Unread 05-05-2021, 09:30 PM
The Stella Fella

Quote:
Originally Posted by no fun
Crowd out the megastore from an hour before ko....buy nothing

Boycott drink and food...I’m sure anyone tempted could be “discouraged”
Yeah but that doesn’t show on the TV - if the ground was only a quarter full they d be down in revenue and it would be something the TV Presenters would regularly comment upon as games go world wide, but it won’t happen anyhow

Unread 05-05-2021, 10:35 PM
Lodestar

Quote:
Said this all along. As much as anything it has symbolic power with all those empty seats . The Glazers will twitch like £#%&! in the knowledge those images are getting beamed out and the brand damage it would do. Global audiences couldn't turn that into a good look.for them..

Unread 06-05-2021, 08:17 AM
The Stella Fella

Notice Woodward has been silent with his views on any of this...or have I missed him

Unread 06-05-2021, 08:43 AM
puressence

got hammered for mentioning voice of fans renewing season tickets .

Unread 07-05-2021, 12:44 PM
Switching Off

Round 2 on Thursday?

Unread 07-05-2021, 02:08 PM
est.1878

Unread 07-05-2021, 02:12 PM
ScarFace

Glazer statement today......more bullshit written by the pr team i presume.

Unread 07-05-2021, 02:17 PM
dunk

Party line.. insisted by the League, Coppers, Clubs etc.

Unread 07-05-2021, 02:18 PM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScarFace
They are rattled !!!

Expect a summer marquee signing for sure....

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
https://twitter.com/guardian_sport/s...284106240?s=20

Party line.. insisted by the League, Coppers, Clubs etc.
Took his lead from Ole's statement ?

That's the bed OLE opens up....

£#%&! him.

Unread 07-05-2021, 02:19 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster
They are rattled !!!

Expect a summer marquee signing for sure....
Could easily go the other way imo. Double down on taking money out and neglecting the club, even if they say otherwise.

Quote:

£#%&! him.
You're such a dick

It's clear as day the official message is going to be as above, especially from employees of the clubs.

Unread 07-05-2021, 02:22 PM
naes_sean

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScarFace
not much of a statement imo

Unread 07-05-2021, 02:24 PM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
Could easily go the other way imo. Double down on taking money out and neglecting the club, even if they say otherwise.

You're such a dick

It's clear as day the official message is going to be as above, especially from employees of the clubs.
Calm down rolley eyes....

Unread 07-05-2021, 02:33 PM
triple sod

Quote:

£#%&! him.
Blame whoever threw bottles at the police, they've given a PR gift to the ABUs and broadcasters opposed to the protest

Ole, the staff, the players are all Glazer employees. None of them are going to come to the rescue, none of them are going to rock the boat.

There's no point infighting. Only the support can get rid of the Glazers and I hope we see more games disrupted. Glazer's ownership could become untenable very quickly if that happens.

Unread 07-05-2021, 02:34 PM
utd99

Good to see Klopp’s still heavy metal.

Unread 07-05-2021, 02:37 PM
92ToBury

Quote:
Originally Posted by triple sod
Blame whoever threw bottles at the police, they've given a PR gift to the ABUs and broadcasters opposed to the protest

Ole, the staff, the players are all Glazer employees. None of them are going to come to the rescue, none of them are going to rock the boat.

There's no point infighting. Only the support can get rid of the Glazers and I hope we see more games disrupted. Glazer's ownership could become untenable very quickly if that happens.
Correct on all counts.

Plus Ole condoning the protests in their entirety would be seen as him inciting violence by the vermin-loving Fleet Street hacks.
Closed Thread