United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 27-12-2020, 11:40 PM
Chris Quayd

"Defending deep, that's not the intention. They know what I asked them at half-time, if they couldn't do better it's because they couldn't do better.”

Regarding the chasing of a second goal:

"I know the way I prepare the team, I know all that and don't want to say much more than that. We didn't have that ambition or desire to go for more.

"You know the way I work."

Unread 27-12-2020, 11:41 PM
NedKelly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Quayd
"Defending deep, that's not the intention. They know what I asked them at half-time, if they couldn't do better it's because they couldn't do better.”

Regarding the chasing of a second goal:

"I know the way I prepare the team, I know all that and don't want to say much more than that. We didn't have that ambition or desire to go for more.

"You know the way I work."
The last bit has to be on a wum at this point. I don’t think he cares any more.

Unread 27-12-2020, 11:43 PM
tatty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tronics
We missed a trick not getting him in after SAF (or possibly post Moyes) that was the perfect window IMO

He absolutely stunk the place out though, i remember reading something about the receptionist at the training ground not liking him and being scared of saying goodmorning to him

I'd love to know what broke him though..

Always said this...stabilise us for a couple of years whilst we transitioned and then move him on.

Unread 28-12-2020, 12:36 AM
Kent Brockman

Just finished watching the spurs doc on Amazon Prime. I was expecting some in depth analysis and tactics from one of the most successful managers of modern times. Surprisingly, it appears as though he's winging it. Maybe it's the editing, but the man management and motivational stuff seems to take centre stage.

Unread 28-12-2020, 01:38 AM
History

Watching that Spurs game today

Wait for him to drop a version of football heritage when brentford take them to pens.

Unread 13-01-2021, 10:57 PM
Chris Quayd

“There are things that are individual, to do with individual qualities and mistakes. Basically I cannot say any more than that... we conceded a goal that was completely avoidable. I have to admit that in the second half they played more but of course they were losing and they tried. But even so, we didn’t make a save and could have killed the game. Then we lose a man in the box in a corner, which is something that happens in set pieces, but this time it was in free play.”

Unread 13-01-2021, 10:59 PM
dunk

Quote:
Then we lose a man in the box in a corner, which is something that happens in set pieces, but this time it was in free play.”
he chats the most shit.

Digging out Son for hitting the post

Unread 13-01-2021, 11:00 PM
armchair

Absolute #@&%!. Who is he blaming? I didn't watch.

Unread 13-01-2021, 11:01 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by armchair
Apparently they lost a man on a corner, but in free play

Unread 13-01-2021, 11:01 PM
Gypsum Fantastic

Quote:
Originally Posted by armchair
Trump.

Unread 13-01-2021, 11:22 PM
red in cumbria

There's an alternative timeline where Spurs, and not Liverpool, get that late winner at Anfield. If so, they might still be top of the league now.

But that JM has reacted so badly to that reverse tells its own story.

Unread 13-01-2021, 11:29 PM
Hyman_Roth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Quayd
“There are things that are individual, to do with individual qualities and mistakes. Basically I cannot say any more than that... we conceded a goal that was completely avoidable. I have to admit that in the second half they played more but of course they were losing and they tried. But even so, we didn’t make a save and could have killed the game. Then we lose a man in the box in a corner, which is something that happens in set pieces, but this time it was in free play.”
He’s a ghoul. Can’t remember ever feeling as depressed about united as when he was dragging us around like a dead dog. The club felt utterly rotten under him. A failed manager living in a hotel just like Alan partridge after he lost his bbc commission.

Unread 13-01-2021, 11:34 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyman_Roth
He’s a ghoul. Can’t remember ever feeling as depressed about united as when he was dragging us around like a dead dog. The club felt utterly rotten under him. A failed manager living in a hotel just like Alan partridge after he lost his bbc commission.
Got to admit that was strange, really strange. He should have got (or been got) an actual house as a condition of the job.

Unread 13-01-2021, 11:42 PM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by red in cumbria
Got to admit that was strange, really strange. He should have got (or been got) an actual house as a condition of the job.
yup. one with a basement.

Unread 14-01-2021, 01:04 AM
armchair

trump really got saffers off the hook

Unread 14-01-2021, 05:02 AM
Stickman

Bale not even getting on suggests hes next.

Cannot be giving his all in training to be an unused sub in that circumstance.

Unread 14-01-2021, 11:14 AM
Reg Holdsworth

Fair play pal. Been nailing things in the Covid thread as well...time for a period of smug reflection this.

Unread 14-01-2021, 12:10 PM
ScarFace

Don't forget, Fulham only knew they were playing Spurs 48 hours before, due to Spurs other opponent cancelling due to a cold.

Their manager was moaning about this and Jose said he had zero sympathy.

That worked out well.
Closed Thread