United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 21-03-2021, 12:24 PM
Vedder

Couple of quotes from forest fans

Quote:
You can see why Man United were pissed off that Watford weren't playing him.

This guy deserves to be starting every game in the Championship. He's better than this level, too.
Quote:
Premiership class today.

Best player on the pitch by some distance
Quote:
He already is a really great player in his first season of men's football. United's U23 is not for him anymore, and if they don't plan on using him in the first team (which is unlikely), he will certainly have many offers from the Championship or even lower Premier clubs.
Quote:
As soon as safety is confirmed, we should be on the phone to United to try and get him back for next season. Quality player.
Quote:
He was absolutely outstanding tonight. Best game in a forest shirt. Forget the goal it was the anticipation and all round midfield play. His positional sense is exceptional and he knows instinctively what to do in tight situations.
He’s a lovely player to watch....
Quote:
The lads a Premier League footballer in waiting. Has all the skills and attributes he needs. Only lacking a little self-belief at times.
Quote:
Lads only 19. He'll be running a prem midfield by the time he's 21

Unread 21-03-2021, 12:32 PM
guerreiro

Always liked forest

Unread 21-03-2021, 12:41 PM
Whip Hubley

Quote:
Originally Posted by guerreiro
Always liked forest
Yup top club decent ground. Great night out Nottingham...

Jimmy

Unread 21-03-2021, 01:12 PM
dunk

Unread 21-03-2021, 02:42 PM
utd99

Sounds promising. What is he an all rounder?

Unread 21-03-2021, 02:52 PM
armchair

He's a bit like carrick.

Unread 21-03-2021, 02:55 PM
utd99

Quote:
Originally Posted by armchair
He's a bit like carrick.
So running things from a deeper position, good passer? Is he physical? He looks a bit slight.

Unread 21-03-2021, 02:56 PM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by utd99
So running things from a deeper position, good passer? Is he physical? He looks a bit slight.
No, a slack-jawed Ole stooge who does nothing all week etc

Unread 21-03-2021, 03:09 PM
LaPaz

He's 20 and hasn't made little impact on the first team at United so it doesn't bode well for him at United.

Going out on loan is usually the begining of the end.

Unread 21-03-2021, 03:11 PM
armchair

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaPaz
He's 20 and hasn't made little impact on the first team at United so it doesn't bode well for him at United.

https://www.lancs.live/sport/footbal...eston-18188685

Unread 21-03-2021, 03:11 PM
dunk

Quote:

Nonsense.

Unread 21-03-2021, 03:13 PM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
Nonsense.
Yeah, it was pretty much over for Beckham when he went to Preston in 1995.

Unread 21-03-2021, 03:15 PM
LaPaz

Quote:
Nonsense.
In the premiership era how many players have been out on loan and come back to have good careers at United?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Stranger
Yeah, it was pretty much over for Beckham when he went to Preston in 1995.
Beckham is one but name me a few more.

Unread 21-03-2021, 03:17 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
In the premiership era how many players have been out on loan and come back to have good careers at United?
Every player matures differently. Garner is a very skinny slight lad and needs to play regular mens football and physically develop more, he's not going to get minutes in the premier league is he..

The odds aren't in his favour but that's not to say he can't overcome them. He is very talented.

Unread 21-03-2021, 03:19 PM
armchair

I liked Garner from the first time I saw him. He's a special talent. A loan to a lower division is perfect for him imo.

Unread 21-03-2021, 03:22 PM
redhegemony

Quote:

Dean Henderson

Unread 21-03-2021, 03:22 PM
dunk

Quote:

Your assumption is based an every player being the same in terms of development, which they aren’t, hence the nonsense comment.

You can’t base Garner’s development, progress and chances based on what others before him have done.

Quote:
Originally Posted by armchair
I liked Garner from the first time I saw him. He's a special talent. A loan to a lower division is perfect for him imo.
This. In his position, playing and experience is key, and he needs to develop physically, much better he’s out than in the stiffs.

Unread 21-03-2021, 03:25 PM
LaPaz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
Every player matures differently. Garner is a very skinny slight lad and needs to play regular mens football and physically develop more, he's not going to get minutes in the premier league is he..

The odds aren't in his favour but that's not to say he can't overcome them. He is very talented.
I don't dispute any of that but history isn't on his side if you've not made a claim for a first team place by the time you are 20 time is running out. There are other younger players pressing for places.

Goalkeepers are an exception because it's unlikly they would ever get games at 19/20 unless they were truly exceptional.

Quote:
Your assumption is based an every player being the same in terms of development, which they aren’t, hence the nonsense comment.

You can’t base Garner’s development, progress and chances based on what others before him have done.

This. In his position, playing and experience is key, and he needs to develop physically, much better he’s out than in the stiffs.
He could be an exception BUT answer my question, how many players who have been out on loan have come back to have a good career at United.

We've got Beckham

Unread 21-03-2021, 03:39 PM
Dr Stranger

Quote:

John O’Shea
Jonny Evans
Danny Welbeck
Jesse Lingard
That keeper currently in our goal.

Unread 21-03-2021, 03:42 PM
LaPaz

Quote:
Originally Posted by redhegemony
Dean Henderson
He's hardly had a good career yet.