United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 14-05-2021, 12:20 AM
vanpalm87

Quote:
Originally Posted by History
I think the right thing was done with Greenwood still

The biggest error was not having Rashford on the left with Shaw and have Pogba free to do whatever with AWB behind.

We had no counter attack for an hour of that game. As Shaw and Rashford link up so well
THIS

So obvious it is scary

Unread 14-05-2021, 12:28 AM
Patty_b

Quote:

The biggest error was not having Rashford on the left with Shaw and have Pogba free to do whatever with AWB behind.

We had no counter attack for an hour of that game. As Shaw and Rashford link up so well
Pogba has played on the right a couple of times before and he was just as shite as Rashford is there.

In hindsight Amad probably would have contributed more there, even defensively, but then you're left with the dilemma of dropping Rashford or Pogba from the starting 11. Expensive and influential square pegs into round holes.

Unread 14-05-2021, 03:32 AM
shenwen

Quote:

The biggest error was playing Fred and McT, which then impacts how we use the players in front of them. Pogba midfield, then Rashford, Cavani, Greenwood, left to right. I get that Ole wants some support for the shaky centre backs v Liverpool, but we've been playing this all season.

Unread 14-05-2021, 09:52 AM
Dasilvatwins

Quote:
Originally Posted by shenwen
The biggest error was playing Fred and McT, which then impacts how we use the players in front of them. Pogba midfield, then Rashford, Cavani, Greenwood, left to right. I get that Ole wants some support for the shaky centre backs v Liverpool, but we've been playing this all season.
Tbf before yday we have had the joint 3rd best defence in the league. Mcfred is exposed when they need to do something with the ball. You’re effectively having two water carriers in the center of the pitch who don’t know what to do with it. Becomes obvious when pogba moved to CM but he cant defend very well. If you get pogba a player who can dictate from deep but still likes a tackle (like carrick) then it would be perfect. Bellingham though he may be a bit young

Unread 14-05-2021, 10:42 AM
AK14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patty_b
Pogba has played on the right a couple of times before and he was just as shite as Rashford is there.

In hindsight Amad probably would have contributed more there, even defensively, but then you're left with the dilemma of dropping Rashford or Pogba from the starting 11. Expensive and influential square pegs into round holes.
He played on the right at Anfield iirc?

Unread 14-05-2021, 01:56 PM
utd99

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Stranger
Wasn’t the worst out there, but as ever we’re trying to shoehorn him in.

To get him into his best position (left side of the attack) we compromise Rashford, Greenwood and ensure both Fred and The Scottish Player start.

I’d be starting him next to Fred in the final to allow rashford left and Greenwood right.
Then you’re mad. I wouldn’t even let him track back past the half way line.

Unread 14-05-2021, 04:15 PM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by utd99
Then you’re mad. I wouldn’t even let him track back past the half way line.
Let’s face it, whoever we put out in a two in midfield has its issues. After last night, you could claim starting either of Fred and The Scottish Player in a major final is made.. We might as well go with someone with ability and allow Rashford into his best position and Greenwood to start.

I don’t mind McFred starting to when they serve a function. Right now, they don’t. They’re both playing poorly.

I don’t want Bailly starting either, but that’s a whole other shitstorm.

Unread 14-05-2021, 06:03 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Stranger
Let’s face it, whoever we put out in a two in midfield has its issues. After last night, you could claim starting either of Fred and The Scottish Player in a major final is made.. We might as well go with someone with ability and allow Rashford into his best position and Greenwood to start.

I don’t mind McFred starting to when they serve a function. Right now, they don’t. They’re both playing poorly.

I don’t want Bailly starting either, but that’s a whole other shitstorm.
He’ll probably be injured anyway.

Unread 26-05-2021, 11:56 PM
Vedder

What a signing btw absolutely world class

Unread 26-05-2021, 11:59 PM
MUFC One Love

So good tonight.

Took a Europa League final by the scruff of the neck tonight.

Like De Bruyne probably will in a Champions League final on Saturday.

Unread 26-05-2021, 11:59 PM
Patty_b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vedder
What a signing btw absolutely world class
He'll turn up at the Euros playing in the same position, Kante will make him look like a superstar and Pogba will walk away with all the credit.

£#%&! him.

Unread 27-05-2021, 12:01 AM
20LEgend1999

PSG's marquee signing after the Euros. Few more players like Pogba and they might be able to overcome what's left of Lille.

Unread 27-05-2021, 12:10 AM
AK14

Quote:
Originally Posted by 20LEgend1999
PSG's marquee signing after the Euros. Few more players like Pogba and they might be able to overcome what's left of Lille.
£#%&!ing hope so

But I doubt it.

Unread 27-05-2021, 12:14 AM
Big Norm

Comfortably the worst player on the pitch tonight from either side. Nft.

Unread 27-05-2021, 12:15 AM
AK14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Norm
Comfortably the worst player on the pitch tonight from either side. Nft.
This isn’t the Marcus Rashford thread pal.

Unread 27-05-2021, 01:12 AM
utd99

The only thing big about this guy was his transfer fee.

Unread 27-05-2021, 01:50 AM
Chris Quayd

Thought he had some good moments tonight, particularly compared to bruno but I was drinking heavily so could be talking biscuits.

Unread 27-05-2021, 07:17 AM
MUFC One Love

The greatest midfielder who can't actually play in midfield.

Unread 27-05-2021, 07:21 AM
Patty_b

Quote:
Originally Posted by MUFC One Love
The greatest midfielder who can't actually play in midfield.
This is about the crux of it. I don't know what he is anymore

He sometimes plays fairly well on the left wing, but nothing special. So is he just a half decent winger?

Plays better in a midfield three, but so would most players with some ability and no brain as long as they have two players mopping up for them after doing their Pog-things.

At this point he just seems to be a lanky Adel Taarabt.

Unread 27-05-2021, 07:23 AM
shenwen

Hopefully the penny has now dropped that we are not ever going to build a team around this charlatan.

We're going to have another summer of comments from his agents and brothers while Ole bleats on about him being a great lad who just wants to play football.

£#%&! him off asap. No idea what his wage is but I bet it's more than enough to support an actual world class midfielder.
Closed Thread