Tuesday
Honestly could be the best one. In

Unread 13-05-2021, 10:35 PM
ryanMUFC

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiganste
Honestly could be the best one. In
Think it will tbh.

I’ve heard every that got a ticket in the ballot has a +10.

Unread 13-05-2021, 10:39 PM
MUFC One Love

I remember protesting at the final in 05 and loads just stood laughing and didn't bother.

Unread 13-05-2021, 10:43 PM
BarryX

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScarFace
Just saw Ste on the live stream. Screen recorded it for you lot...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ljvf7wuV1qU
Great effort posting that! WiganSte, I salute you.

Unread 13-05-2021, 10:46 PM
d_knight

Quote:
Just saw Ste on the live stream. Screen recorded it for you lot...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ljvf7wuV1qU
Saw that. Doubted myself.
I thought surely he's not in front of the camera again antagonizing coppers?

'Grass! Grass! Grass! Grass! Grass!'

Unread 13-05-2021, 10:49 PM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanMUFC
Tuesday
it doesn't end yet...

Unread 13-05-2021, 11:05 PM
HolyMackrelDoodleBonkon

United.

Unread 13-05-2021, 11:15 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by MUFC One Love
I remember protesting at the final in 05 and loads just stood laughing and didn't bother.
Well more fool them.

Wonder if they are laughing now.

Unread 13-05-2021, 11:36 PM
ScarFace

Unread 14-05-2021, 12:36 AM
Drexl

Quote:
40 words per second, and every single one of them deflecting ownership

Unread 14-05-2021, 07:22 AM
JamesPolk

Quote:
Originally Posted by MUFC One Love
I couldn't belive it myself when I read the news on the take over, I was 19 at time still pondering which university to attend unsure which one, but still not having much intrest in economics & buisness. But even I could see what problem leveraged buyouts would present. How horribly corrupt the system is that you can allow anyone to buy an asset in such manner specially if it was previously dept free. I couldn't belive how this was allowed and couldn't belive that more weren't protesting the take over.
and the failure of the English FA and UK gov at the time for allowing it to happen.
But what could you expect form the onese that allowed that roman abramovich takeover at chealsea just two years erlier and a foreign state with more than questionable human rights record to buy man city 3 years later. along with all the other problemetic takeovers in English football around those times in 2000s and 2010s.

Far as protest goes there should have been more back then and there should be more now up and down england considering how unsustainable it all is. The covid ball confirmed it as such.

Unread 14-05-2021, 09:37 AM
est.1878

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Stella Fella
I reckon the next game at anfield will be tasty
Detected more than a handfull of scouse accents amongst us last night... The augmented reality patch is really pushing it now

Unread 14-05-2021, 09:46 AM
believe

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesPolk
I couldn't belive it myself when I read the news on the take over, I was 19 at time still pondering which university to attend unsure which one, but still not having much intrest in economics & buisness. But even I could see what problem leveraged buyouts would present. How horribly corrupt the system is that you can allow anyone to buy an asset in such manner specially if it was previously dept free. I couldn't belive how this was allowed and couldn't belive that more weren't protesting the take over.
and the failure of the English FA and UK gov at the time for allowing it to happen.
But what could you expect form the onese that allowed that roman abramovich takeover at chealsea just two years erlier and a foreign state with more than questionable human rights record to buy man city 3 years later. along with all the other problemetic takeovers in English football around those times in 2000s and 2010s.

Far as protest goes there should have been more back then and there should be more now up and down england considering how unsustainable it all is. The covid ball confirmed it as such.
I take it you didn’t bother with uni in the end.

It was always really going to come to nothing despite how much attention the cancelled game got. Problem is, as it always is, is that 2-3000 voices are never really going to make a change. People say that when crowds are back it will go up a gear but the truth is that the exact opposite will happen.

You’ll have 2-3000 angry protestors with 70k either tutting or swinging a g&g scarf with a bug grin on their faces because they think they’re involved in a new song or something.

Unread 14-05-2021, 09:57 AM
Reg Holdsworth

Quote:
Originally Posted by believe
I take it you didn’t bother with uni in the end.

It was always really going to come to nothing despite how much attention the cancelled game got. Problem is, as it always is, is that 2-3000 voices are never really going to make a change. People say that when crowds are back it will go up a gear but the truth is that the exact opposite will happen.

You’ll have 2-3000 angry protestors with 70k either tutting or swinging a g&g scarf with a bug grin on their faces because they think they’re involved in a new song or something.

Unread 14-05-2021, 10:19 AM
Sapien

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reg Holdsworth
Brutal

Unread 14-05-2021, 10:21 AM
est.1878

Presumed polk wasn't English first language...

Unread 14-05-2021, 10:25 AM
Bunker Buster

Presumed he was about 14

Top red etc.

Unread 14-05-2021, 10:33 AM
NedKelly

Quote:
Originally Posted by est.1878
Presumed polk wasn't English first language...
Same. A lot depends on it too. If he’s English - he’s simple. If he’s not - he’s probably the smartest man on here.

Unread 14-05-2021, 11:00 AM
puressence

steves contribution alone makes this thread of the year ... grass grass ffs
Closed Thread