United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 11-05-2021, 11:34 PM
andyroo

Default La Liga title race

Well although it's down to the usual three old horses, with Sevilla probably blowing it by coughing up that late equaliser to Madrid, it's actually piling up to a pretty mad finish.

Barsa had a big chance to go top today and blew it. They were beating Levante 0-2, Levante fought back to 2-2. Barsa went ahead again, you'd think that's that then, but not a bit of it, Levante equalised late on.

Atléti 77
Barcelona 76 (having played one game more)
Madrid 75
Sevilla 71

All with three to play except Barsa 2

Unread 11-05-2021, 11:50 PM
ScarFace

no goal difference, its head to head results there innit. A Madrid should do it but they're serial fluffers.

Looking at their league table ( and frances as thats just as close ), £#%&! me half the clubs i've never heard of. Really are dogshit pub teams.

Unread 12-05-2021, 10:17 AM
andyroo

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScarFace
no goal difference, its head to head results there innit. A Madrid should do it but they're serial fluffers.

Looking at their league table ( and frances as thats just as close ), £#%&! me half the clubs i've never heard of. Really are dogshit pub teams.
Granada and Sociedad were pretty rank in the Europa. And they're top half.

Meanwhile the missus' hometown team Sporting Gijón aren't good enough to get promoted into it. Well to be fair they're in the playoff places.

Unread 12-05-2021, 10:52 AM
Jack Duckworth

i do believe that andyroo only started this thread as a means to tell us about his hot spanish chica

Unread 12-05-2021, 10:54 AM
waynes ear's

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Duckworth
i do believe that andyroo only started this thread as a means to tell us about his hot spanish chica
and still nobody cares

Unread 12-05-2021, 11:53 AM
NedKelly

Can’t say I’m that interested in La Liga these days. Quality has dipped massively, and I enjoy watching the Portuguese league a lot more with my Mrs’ family in Lisbon.

Unread 17-05-2021, 11:11 AM
Switching Off

Just seen Neville from last month articulating why Southgate won't pick TAA for the Euros. Made a lot of sense, then at the end Carragher starts shouting over him like a #@&%!: "If you take Trippier over Alexander-Arnold its an embarrassment".

Best defence in La Liga and probably about to win it....

Unread 17-05-2021, 11:32 AM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Switching Off
Just seen Neville from last month articulating why Southgate won't pick TAA for the Euros. Made a lot of sense, then at the end Carragher starts shouting over him like a #@&%!: "If you take Trippier over Alexander-Arnold its an embarrassment".

Best defence in La Liga and probably about to win it....

https://twitter.com/skysportspl/stat...253378?lang=en
I like how he forgets what the question was and tries to back track:

“I’d take him”

“You’ve just made the biggest case as to why you wouldn’t”

“I was asked why Gareth wouldn’t take him”

“.... so would you take him?”

Unread 17-05-2021, 11:46 AM
ZiggyStardust

"Trent" can't defend for shit that's why Southgate doesn't rate him
For how Liverpool play and use their full backs it isn't that important but for England playing him there would be a big weakness

Anyway regarding the La Liga title race, incredible finish in the Atleti game as it looked like they had completely blown it when they went behind to Osasuna with 15 minutes to go despite dominating the game but came back and Suarez scored an 87 minute winner

Barca lost and are out of it but Madrid won and are still in it
If Madrid beat Villarreal (which they will as they will play a 2nd string team) then Atleti have to beat Valladolid away (which they should) to win the league

Unread 17-05-2021, 12:11 PM
Whip Hubley

Scenes if Atleti win the league with Suarez. I know Barca haven't struggled for goals so much as an actual defence (sounds familiar) but still, bantoh.

Unread 17-05-2021, 12:32 PM
dunk

Barca letting Suarez go is up there with the oddest decisions ever, properly pissed Messi off at the same time

Unread 17-05-2021, 01:03 PM
Switching Off

But they got Greizemann

He must be devastated

Unread 17-05-2021, 01:33 PM
ScarFace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Switching Off
But they got Greizemann

He must be devastated
£#%&! me i'd forgot about that @#%&! and his brother.

Remember when its was nailed on for us to get him, with Pogba & his utd fan brother dropping hints...then he started releasing his own "im staying at madrid" movie trailers......shortly followed by the sequel "im off to barca now".

Unread 17-05-2021, 02:09 PM
20LEgend1999

Hoping Atletico get the win next week so we can all welcome Kieran Trippier to the club as a title winner.

Unread 17-05-2021, 05:34 PM
red in cumbria

Atletico not winning, but Real somehow messing up as well, would probably be the banter outcome.

Unread 17-05-2021, 07:19 PM
andyroo

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
Barca letting Suarez go is up there with the oddest decisions ever, properly pissed Messi off at the same time
Signing that Coutinho @#%&! who's done £#%&! all for them and bankrolling the £#%&!ing vermin was worse. £#%&! 'em.

Unread 22-05-2021, 05:26 PM
waynes ear's

Atletico and Real losing

Real had a Benzema header chalked off by VAR. Atletico equalise

Unread 22-05-2021, 06:34 PM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by waynes ear's
Atletico and Real losing
alternatively.... villareal winning away against real madrid.

Unread 22-05-2021, 06:43 PM
no fun

Atletico winning

Suarez

Unread 22-05-2021, 06:47 PM
Pop

Real ahead. Squeaky bum time for Atletico
Closed Thread