United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 07-10-2018, 02:36 PM
Switching Off

Default Today's games

Southampton have had 14% possession after 20 minutes. Not even trying. Chelsea just pinging it around at their own leisure. I'm surprised they haven't scored yet.

Disgusting from Hughes and Southampton. Expect one of Sparkys rants about how shite this league is any minute now.

Chelsea keeper just had his first touch. Massive cheer went up

Unread 07-10-2018, 02:40 PM
Buck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Switching Off
Disgusting from Hughes and Southampton. Expect one of Sparkys rants about how shite this league is any minute now.
Hopefully he gets the sack after that rant the tedious @#%&!

Unread 07-10-2018, 02:41 PM
Switching Off

Danny Ings

Worst miss of the season.

Hazard 1-0

Unread 07-10-2018, 02:46 PM
andyroo

What a player that boss-eyed midget is

Unread 07-10-2018, 02:49 PM
Mr_Ed

Arsenal scoring 5

Unread 07-10-2018, 02:54 PM
Clownbones

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Ed
Arsenal scoring 5
Won 9 in a row in all comps

Unread 07-10-2018, 02:54 PM
Sparky***

How the £#%&! does Mark Hughes keep getting jobs in the premier league?

Unread 07-10-2018, 02:56 PM
Switching Off

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
How the £#%&! does Mark Hughes keep getting jobs in the premier league?
Because teams just want to stay in the league. If Danny Ings could score an open goal from two yards out they'd be at least drawing now.

Unread 07-10-2018, 02:56 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clownbones
Won 9 in a row in all comps
Arsenal doing what Arsenal have always done for the last 10 years - run in goals and look good against the league's cannon fodder. No shock there.

Unread 07-10-2018, 02:58 PM
Clownbones

Quote:
Arsenal doing what Arsenal have always done for the last 10 years - run in goals and look good against the league's cannon fodder. No shock there.
They hadnt even been doing that the last couple of years.

Six league wins in a row after losing their first two is pretty good going for a new guy trying to change the habits of 20 years of Wenger.

Unread 07-10-2018, 03:01 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
They hadnt even been doing that the last couple of years.

Six league wins in a row after losing their first two is pretty good going for a new guy trying to change the habits of 20 years of Wenger.
Again, yeah it it good going, but let's not pretend that hasn't been their MO for about 10 years.

Unread 07-10-2018, 03:04 PM
Clownbones

Quote:
Again, yeah it it good going, but let's not pretend that hasn't been their MO for about 10 years.
Like I said, it hasn't been for the last two.

Their standard had dropped.....even by their average standard.

Changing that Wenger mentality, with very few signings was always going to be tough. Especially after losing the first two.

Their form seems to have gone right under the radar too.

Nothing amazing ofcourse, but quite a surprising run and promising from their point of view.

Be interesting to see how they do in their next 'big game'.

Unread 07-10-2018, 03:07 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Like I said, it hasn't been for the last two.

Their standard had dropped.....even by their average standard.

Changing that Wenger mentality, with very few signings was always going to be tough. Especially after losing the first two.

Their form seems to have gone right under the radar too.

Nothing amazing ofcourse, but quite a surprising run and promising from their point of view.

Be interesting to see how they do in their next 'big game'.
Oh they'll finish top 5 comfortably. No worries about that. Once they found a way to get Aubameyang and Lacazette on the pitch at the same time firing they were always going to run in lots of goals. Emery is a good coach so it's no surprise he's got a squad full of technically sound players to play well with his new system. They're all comfortable on the ball and can adapt so it's not a shock they've gone on a run and beat, like i said, the worst teams in the league.

I wouldn't for one minute compare anything their doing with what's going on at our own soap opera. Our manager will be gone soon enough and maybe then we can find a harmony between manager and players.

Unread 07-10-2018, 03:08 PM
Clownbones

Quote:
Oh they'll finish top 5 comfortably. No worries about that. Once they found a way to get Aubameyang and Lacazette on the pitch at the same time firing they were always going to run in lots of goals. Emery is a good coach so it's no surprise he's got a squad full of technically sound players to play well with his new system. They're all comfortable on the ball and can adapt so it's not a shock they've gone on a run and beat, like i said, the worst teams in the league.

I wouldn't for one minute compare anything their doing with what's going on at our own soap opera. Our manager will be gone soon enough and maybe then we can find a harmony between manager and players.
Any minute now according to the Mirror....

Unread 07-10-2018, 03:09 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Any minute now according to the Mirror....

Unread 07-10-2018, 03:30 PM
andyroo

Giroud

Unread 07-10-2018, 03:33 PM
Kangared

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyroo
Giroud
Wish Lukaku offered the same movement . I’d hazard a guess [😁] Eden would choose Giroud over Lukaku as a strike partner

Unread 07-10-2018, 03:37 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kangared
Wish Lukaku offered the same movement . I’d hazard a guess [😁] Eden would choose Giroud over Lukaku as a strike partner
I should imagine most players would choose one of those giant inflatable floppy arm blokes from outside car dealerships as a strike partner, rather than Lukaku.

Unread 07-10-2018, 03:50 PM
Switching Off

Unread 07-10-2018, 03:51 PM
Sparky***

Should be a great game, looking forward to it.
Closed Thread