United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 17-05-2018, 11:57 AM
Time For Heroes

Nice one Switchers lad

The thing about characters is probably why Anderson lasted so long as he was obviously the joker of the dressing room

Unread 17-05-2018, 12:30 PM
Albert Tatlock

yhgr Switchers

Unread 17-05-2018, 12:32 PM
Zorg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whip Hubley

cheers switchers

would have done one for the Martin Edwards thing I was at a few months ago, problem is there was £#%&! all insight - he was basically just defending every decision he ever made, saying it was for the 'good of the club' and told us stories already known about the cantona signing. cheers m8 won't be buying your book.
Did he explain how watching women urinate was for the good of the club?

Unread 17-05-2018, 12:47 PM
MJ Ramone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Time For Heroes
The thing about characters is probably why Anderson lasted so long as he was obviously the joker of the dressing room
good player too tbf
Never fully hit his potential but far better than given credit for imo
I loved the lad tbh

He'd walk into our current team comfortably.
(I know that's not saying much)

Unread 17-05-2018, 01:04 PM
Denis Irwell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whip Hubley

cheers switchers

would have done one for the Martin Edwards thing I was at a few months ago, problem is there was £#%&! all insight - he was basically just defending every decision he ever made, saying it was for the 'good of the club' and told us stories already known about the cantona signing. cheers m8 won't be buying your book.
Utter worm of a man. Rode in on daddy’s coat tails, cashed in and sold us down the river. Had the gaul to take credit for the club becoming the biggest (it always was, you £#%&!ing leech)

Top stuff switchers.

Wish GNev had the %@#$&!s to show similar commitment to the club on tv.

Supporter who had history of 25 of Fergie years sulking. Must be a Fredster.

Unread 17-05-2018, 01:46 PM
Whip Hubley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorg
Did he explain how watching women urinate was for the good of the club?
might have asked had I been pissed. Wish I had been in retrospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denis Irwell
Utter worm of a man. Rode in on daddy’s coat tails, cashed in and sold us down the river. Had the gaul to take credit for the club becoming the biggest (it always was, you £#%&!ing leech)
The crowd and questions were mostly cringe tbh, people who didn't have a clue about that side of things and just asking about signings etc. The most uncomfortable he got was when I asked if he felt at all responsible for the state of the modern game wasn't happy obvs

Unread 17-05-2018, 01:55 PM
Albert Tatlock

So GNev to replace Mou then in a few years ?

Scholes as assistant

Unread 17-05-2018, 03:17 PM
Nelson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Albert Tatlock
So GNev to replace Mou then in a few years ?

Scholes as assistant
Given the ruthless ambition that Gary & his mates are showing at Salford City, they'll be playing United in the PL by 2025, never mind managing them.

Just been promoted to the National Conference and promptly dumped the two joint managers who got them there, and appointed a new guy with experience of managing in the football league.

The way they're going, they'll be after recruiting Jose by the time they're in the Championship.

Unread 17-05-2018, 03:26 PM
Switching Off

The managers demanded a pay increase. They told them to £#%&! off. They gave up their day jobs last season too. Just signed on at Chester which is in a right state. Loads of manager's turned it down, but those two had to take it or go back to their day jobs

Unread 17-05-2018, 03:34 PM
Nelson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Switching Off
The managers demanded a pay increase. They told them to f*** off. They gave up their day jobs last season too. Just signed on at Chester which is in a right state. Loads of manager's turned it down, but those two had to take it or go back to their day jobs
Yeah, Chester have come back down to the Conference North haven't they?

Playing FC again next season

Great thread btw, Switchers

Unread 17-05-2018, 03:41 PM
Chris Quayd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Switching Off
The managers demanded a pay increase. They told them to £#%&! off. They gave up their day jobs last season too. Just signed on at Chester which is in a right state. Loads of manager's turned it down, but those two had to take it or go back to their day jobs
About to go into administration (again) apparently. Doesn't seem unreasonable of them to ask for a pay-rise after a promotion and giving up their day jobs tbf.

Unread 17-05-2018, 07:25 PM
red in cumbria

Thumbs up

Can only concur with others that this was an excellent thread starter.

Unread 17-05-2018, 07:45 PM
chooch

Cheers. Nice read. The real Gary Neville, not the imposter on sky.

Unread 17-05-2018, 07:58 PM
Cream

Thumbs up

Sounds like a real fun evening out.

But seriously, if the lad is willing to give up his time for free to talk to rabid reds, then I'm sure it's worth attending.

Good write up

Unread 17-05-2018, 09:01 PM
Knockers

My mate is in construction and has attended a few big meetings where Neville has come in and tried to act like how he describes Fergie. Throwing his weight around and getting things done through force of personality, that vibe. Prob is that he is ‘absolutely £#%&!ing clueless’ and just keeps making new enemies every week. Calling these senior architects or whoever idiots and saying he can do it all himself.

Should stick to football by sounds of it.

Unread 17-05-2018, 11:11 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knockers
My mate is in construction and has attended a few big meetings where Neville has come in and tried to act like how he describes Fergie. Throwing his weight around and getting things done through force of personality, that vibe. Prob is that he is ‘absolutely £#%&!ing clueless’ and just keeps making new enemies every week
Also, you aren't really going to succeed in that unless you have some major achievements. Fergie did, GNev not so much so far.

Unread 17-05-2018, 11:17 PM
Alex Jones was Right

Quote:
Originally Posted by red in cumbria
Also, you aren't really going to succeed in that unless you have some major achievements. Fergie did, GNev not so much so far.
Indeed. It’s the difference between someone doing it naturally because they have a gravitas about them, and someone trying to imitate it because they’ve seen that person do it. It’s copying the effect thinking it’s the cause.

Unread 17-05-2018, 11:18 PM
Part 36 Offer

Thumbs up

Good stuff, cheers Switchers. Very well put togethoh summareh that.

Unread 17-05-2018, 11:23 PM
My Name is Keith

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knockers
My mate is in construction and has attended a few big meetings where Neville has come in and tried to act like how he describes Fergie. Throwing his weight around and getting things done through force of personality, that vibe. Prob is that he is ‘absolutely £#%&!ing clueless’ and just keeps making new enemies every week. Calling these senior architects or whoever idiots and saying he can do it all himself.

Should stick to football by sounds of it.
Yeah, I’ve heard that - going into his own company and doing a dressing room style dressing down. Architects and project managers looking at each other like wtf?

“Did you hear what Gary just said? Wow. Feel really pumped up. I’m now going to draw that curtain wall and cladding detail better than I’ve ever drawn it before!’

Cheers switchers though - good stuff.

Unread 17-05-2018, 11:47 PM
Switching Off

Quote:
Originally Posted by Part 36 Offer
Good stuff, cheers Switchers. Very well put togethoh summareh that.
Makes it all worthwhilohs
Closed Thread