United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Manchester United Match Thread Archive

Unread 27-12-2009, 09:30 PM
Tumescent Throb

Default Re: OFFICIAL: Hull v United thread. (Teams, links + doom)

United have lost 6 games this season

Berbatov started only 1 of them

Going back further, of the last 11 games United lost Berbatov only started 2 of them, and he went off injured at half-time in one of those (after Scholes had already been sent off)

Unread 27-12-2009, 09:31 PM
MJ Ramone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gorilla Monsoon
Over the last few years, i've defended Berbatov so much. "He's not lazy, he's class, he brings something different to the team, hes not an out and out goalscorer' etc etc.

Watching him today, whats he actually bringing to the team right now? I can't defend him on todays performance.
Yep.
I don't have a problem with him supposedly being "Lazy" or being "Aloof"
I don't give a £#%&! if he doesn't chase around the pitch ala' Tevez.

My problem is the things that he is supposed to be good at - build up play, skill in the final third, weight of pass, imagination, inspiration - Well, he isn't doing any of them either.
Apart from that turn against West Ham & the way he pulled the ball out of the air for Tevez's goal in the derby (both last season) I struggle to think of any Berbatov moments of magic since he signed.
I just wish he'd 'snap out of it' - whatever 'it' is.
If he's carrying an injury then that partly explains it, but we should still demand & expect far more from a player of his quality & price tag.

Unread 27-12-2009, 09:32 PM
muotmc

I am one of Berbatov's fervent supporters but I have to say he was, at best, lethargic today.

Even when he scored he looked like he needed a cig.

Unread 27-12-2009, 09:41 PM
Ethers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumescent Throb
United have lost 6 games this season

Berbatov started only 1 of them

Going back further, of the last 11 games United lost Berbatov only started 2 of them, and he went off injured at half-time in one of those (after Scholes had already been sent off)
United haven't lost a game this season that I've watched in the White Lion.

Quick, somebody pay 32m for me.

Unread 27-12-2009, 09:41 PM
magic_cantona

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ Ramone
Yep.
I don't have a problem with him supposedly being "Lazy" or being "Aloof"
I don't give a £#%&! if he doesn't chase around the pitch ala' Tevez.

My problem is the things that he is supposed to be good at - build up play, skill in the final third, weight of pass, imagination, inspiration - Well, he isn't doing any of them either.
Apart from that turn against West Ham & the way he pulled the ball out of the air for Tevez's goal in the derby (both last season) I struggle to think of any Berbatov moments of magic since he signed.
I just wish he'd 'snap out of it' - whatever 'it' is.
If he's carrying an injury then that partly explains it, but we should still demand & expect far more from a player of his quality & price tag.
Quote:
Originally Posted by muotmc
I am one of Berbatov's fervent supporters but I have to say he was, at best, lethargic today.

Even when he scored he looked like he needed a cig.
Agree with these.

Unread 27-12-2009, 09:45 PM
Tumescent Throb

there are none so blind as those who will not see

berbatov was involved in much of United's best play today, just as he usually is

wasn't it him who split Hull open with a perfectly timed and weighted ball for Rafael, for example? pretty sure it was. it was nice to see one of the lads (Rooney in this case) actually take advantage for once of berbatov's intelligent movement for the third goal as well

Unread 27-12-2009, 09:49 PM
Gorilla Monsoon

The vast difference between him and Rooney. When Rooney gets the ball, he looks to charge forward, spray a pass, make something happen.

When Berbatov gets the ball, today anyway, he just laid it off to the nearest man with a toe poke. There was no pass and run forward, just a toe poke to the nearest man, 2 yards, then walked off. And thats not even exagerating, how many times did that actually happen today?

I just want him to actually show us that he wants to play for the team. You look back at his spurs days and he looks like a completely different player. Its like he cant be arsed to play.

I can see why people moaned now. For 32m, I'd rather have paid all that for Defoe. Majorly inflated price, but at least you know you'll get goals for that money.

Unread 27-12-2009, 09:51 PM
rebelcountyred

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumescent Throb
there are none so blind as those who will not see

berbatov was involved in much of United's best play today, just as he usually is

wasn't it him who split Hull open with a perfectly timed and weighted ball for Rafael, for example? pretty sure it was. it was nice to see one of the lads (Rooney in this case) actually take advantage for once of berbatov's intelligent movement for the third goal as well
speaking of the blind aren't you the forumister that kept denying ronnie wanted a move when it was plain that he wanted out.
I like berbatov, i really rate him as a footballer but right now he's out of form, perhaps he has an injury but goal and a couple of nice touches today he was poor, get over it.

Unread 27-12-2009, 09:54 PM
History

Rooney Had something to do with all 4 goals Top performance.

Must say, i wish we could of seen abit more creativity from other players, because when giggs and rooney have an off day at the same time which they will at some point. Who is going to be there to step up?

Unread 27-12-2009, 09:57 PM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
Originally Posted by rebelcountyred
speaking of the blind aren't you the forumister that kept denying ronnie wanted a move when it was plain that he wanted out.

no. at no point. you must be mistaking me with someone else.

I like berbatov, i really rate him as a footballer but right now he's out of form, perhaps he has an injury but goal and a couple of nice touches today he was poor, get over it.
get over what?

Unread 27-12-2009, 10:01 PM
MJ Ramone

Quote:
Originally Posted by History

Must say, i wish we could of seen abit more creativity from other players, because when giggs and rooney have an off day at the same time which they will at some point. Who is going to be there to step up?
Absolutely.

Our bench today was very weak & as far as attacking players go we weren't really missing anybody. It has to be a worry.

I still don't think Fergie will bother with the January window though

Unread 27-12-2009, 10:05 PM
Ethers

Throb is having one of his funny turns again I see.

3 at the back! 3 at the back!

Unread 27-12-2009, 10:05 PM
Gorilla Monsoon

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ Ramone
Absolutely.

Our bench today was very weak & as far as attacking players go we weren't really missing anybody. It has to be a worry.

I still don't think Fergie will bother with the January window though
Had an official, confirmed bid of 10m turned down for Di Maria. So he is trying.

Unread 27-12-2009, 10:09 PM
RedMenace

Confirmed by who?.

Unread 27-12-2009, 10:10 PM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
Originally Posted by History

they pretty much did today, in fact

Ferguson pin-pointed the problem with the team, and solved it by replacing Valencia with Park.

Unread 27-12-2009, 10:10 PM
magic_cantona

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedMenace
Confirmed by who?.
News Of The World

Unread 27-12-2009, 10:16 PM
RedMenace

I'd place more stock in puressence's posts.

Unread 27-12-2009, 10:18 PM
Whalefish

Odd game tbh.

And despite the Sky pundits trying to suggest we were under the kosh second half I couldn't see Hull scoring once. They were presented with a gift and they took it, after that they had some of the ball but never really threatened.

Nice to see Wes and Vidic back, the pair of them delt with virtually high ball with ease. Evra and Rafael did their jobs well enough. Latter unlucky not to score.

Once Evans is back, and perhaps Neville I'd be looking at resting Evra. Lad could do with putting his feet up for a week.

Not wasting my time on Berbatov anymore, I thought Carrick was shite tbh and Mr One Foot Only on the right wing has turned in some encouraging displays this season but he, and many others, really need to work on their crossing.

A bright cameo from Park, pleased with that.

Unread 27-12-2009, 10:23 PM
RedMenace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whalefish
Odd game tbh.

And despite the Sky pundits trying to suggest we were under the kosh second half I couldn't see Hull scoring once. They were presented with a gift and they took it, after that they had some of the ball but never really threatened.

Nice to see Wes and Vidic back, the pair of them delt with virtually high ball with ease. Evra and Rafael did their jobs well enough. Latter unlucky not to score.

Once Evans is back, and perhaps Neville I'd be looking at resting Evra. Lad could do with putting his feet up for a week.

Not wasting my time on Berbatov anymore, I thought Carrick was shite tbh and Mr One Foot Only on the right wing has turned in some encouraging displays this season but he, and many others, really need to work on their crossing.

A bright cameo from Park, pleased with that.

Agree with pretty much all of that and especially the bold bit. Fletcher was doing Carrick's work as well as his own.

Unread 27-12-2009, 11:01 PM
Zorg

Never mind United, I've just been stunned by this news on the BBC:

Quote:
1745 GMT: Birmingham defender Franck Queudrue insists he wants to remain at St Andrew's and fight to regain his place in Alex McLeish's team after injury. (Press Association)
Come on Franck, we're all pulling for you