United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 30-12-2018, 10:16 PM
£#%&! KFC

Quote:
Originally Posted by armchair
that's what gets me. you'd think he'd have left a well coached defence.

he left them a nervous wreck instead.
I like Bailly but he's off his head am already dreading Jones on Wednesday...I'm sure we will sign a defender in January

Unread 30-12-2018, 10:17 PM
armchair

Matic does my head in. I've called him a beast for years yet he was a company man twice now in jose's last days. He looked finished a few weeks ago and now he looks like the player i expected. It's very odd.

Quote:
Originally Posted by £#%&! KFC
I like Bailly but he's off his head am already dreading Jones on Wednesday...I'm sure we will sign a defender in January
I like jones and smalling but they are worth a monumental error every x minutes.

Unread 30-12-2018, 10:19 PM
Fat Al

I don't think there will be many, if any, personnel changes this January.

Maybe 1 or 2 might get offloaded.

He'll have to make do with what he has.

Everyone is commenting on the quality of the opposition United have faced in the past 3 games. Well, I think the timing of Mourinho's sacking was no co-incidence. It has given the new manager time to bed in without undue pressure.
We can all see that not only is the football better, the players are happier. and I actually think 4th place is achievable. We're only half-way through the season. We're 8 points off 4th & we've been utterly £#%&!ing awful most of the season. With the new mood around the club, those 8 points are recoverable.

Unread 30-12-2018, 10:20 PM
saffers

I don't think he should get the job permanently tbh. This isn't a decision to be made through the heart.

But will enjoy his presence at the club while it lasts. He has the sun shining on our club once more.

Unread 30-12-2018, 10:22 PM
no fun

Quote:
Originally Posted by saffers
I don't think he should get the job permanently tbh. This isn't a decision to be made through the heart.

But will enjoy his presence at the club while it lasts. He has the sun shining on our club once more.

Nah, bit bulger

Unread 30-12-2018, 10:24 PM
jem

Quote:
We have improved beyond measure in attack but defence is still weak and we are all enjoying the ride after being subjected to that Chelsea @#%&!s version of football for the last 18 months
well, yes... and I am sure no one is happier than I am. I hated mourinho's whole approach to football and simply having some positive intent and giving some of our attacking players the green light to express themselves was always going to make things look better. we still look more as if we have some great players than a great plan, though. I like the idea that dalot missed a sitter from rashford's cross the other day. jose would have hated him even having the opportunity.

the defence would look better if smalling and valencia were fit.

and we haven't played a top team. pogba "off the leash", leaving matic and, occasionally, herrera to defend is not a midfield that looks balanced. and we give possession away far too much. young's backheels today were uniformly awful.

I don't think it is really stretching credibility to say that ole needs to prove himself over a longer period and against better opposition than the last three games. I'm not saying he can't; I am just saying the improvement so far is as much the result of not having mou in charge. it's a good start and no more. ole needs testing properly.

Unread 30-12-2018, 10:26 PM
Buck

After having three managers who decided to bring their own blueprint to United I think it's very refreshing to have an old face in the hotseat. They say a team is a reflection of the manager and Ole's a disciple of Ferguson so it just fits nicely. Ole so far has just released the shackles, reminded them what it is expected and then backed off.

Obviously in big games he will be tested tactically and in the long term he would have to be more hands-on, but I think at United it isn't about treating every game like a game of chess and trying to overthink things.

Poch is still my first choice because you do need that bit extra bit of nous when it comes to squad building and in terms of attacking football/youth he ticks the boxes, but I'd prefer Ole to others.

Unread 30-12-2018, 10:31 PM
armchair

The best part is he's not constantly calling the players shit. He talks them up instead.

Unread 30-12-2018, 10:33 PM
dunk

Jem, who do you want as manager?

Buck

The best part is Fellaini has only seen the pitch for about three minutes.

Actually that's three minutes too long #oleout

£#%&! KFC

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
well, yes... and I am sure no one is happier than I am. I hated mourinho's whole approach to football and simply having some positive intent and giving some of our attacking players the green light to express themselves was always going to make things look better. we still look more as if we have some great players than a great plan, though. I like the idea that dalot missed a sitter from rashford's cross the other day. jose would have hated him even having the opportunity.

the defence would look better if smalling and valencia were fit.

and we haven't played a top team. pogba "off the leash", leaving matic and, occasionally, herrera to defend is not a midfield that looks balanced. and we give possession away far too much. young's backheels today were uniformly awful.

I don't think it is really stretching credibility to say that ole needs to prove himself over a longer period and against better opposition than the last three games. I'm not saying he can't; I am just saying the improvement so far is as much the result of not having mou in charge. it's a good start and no more. ole needs testing properly.
I think big Youngers backheels were symbolic and £#%&! off to Maureen but yeah they were awful...of course there are bigger tests to come but it's not new manager bounce it's gone on too long for that if we win our next two league games it gets very interesting and I still think we will get top four

I don't want Pochettino I never have and yesterday was another example of why if Ole keeps winning he makes it s no brainer even for the Gimps

Unread 30-12-2018, 10:34 PM
Sapien

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
Jem, who do you want as manager?
Jem, obvs.

Unread 30-12-2018, 10:36 PM
£#%&! KFC

Quote:
Originally Posted by no fun
Nah, bit bulger
A bit??? A lot more like FFS

Unread 30-12-2018, 10:39 PM
armchair

i hope, if we do take a beating, that the owners don't panic

Unread 30-12-2018, 10:49 PM
Gypsum Fantastic

Quote:
it's not new manager bounce it's gone on too long for that
Dude, it's been 3 games ffs

Unread 30-12-2018, 10:49 PM
Cream

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo
Past squad striker.

Ole as a top flight manger is a mystery. We don't know what will happen if and when we lose a game or two.
He has won titles though... and so far it would appear he is a belting fit for the club. Three fantastic games in a row under his watch.

Pochettino is no mystery: there's something about his leadership that invites doubt whenever there's something on the line. He hasn't won titles, or any other form of silverwear.

So far we have to say that it's Ole's job to lose.

Unread 30-12-2018, 10:52 PM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
Who would you like as next manager jem?
not sure. bielsa would be funny, but wouldn't last. not poch. not simeone. not giggs. probably, not ole, tbh. I would have taken tuchel before he went to psg. and here's why.

https://www.utdforum.com/forum/showp...&postcount=160

Quote:
I still think we will get top four
that is well within reach.

I backed us to win the league at 500/1. that might be stretching things.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sapien
Jem, obvs.
I would make valencia dress as a gladiator and stand the corner of my bedroom.

Unread 30-12-2018, 11:07 PM
Buck

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
not sure. bielsa would be funny, but wouldn't last. not poch. not simeone. not giggs. probably, not ole, tbh. I would have taken tuchel before he went to psg. and here's why.

when has valencia ever played in a midfield three?

Unread 30-12-2018, 11:09 PM
Cream

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem

that is well within reach.

I backed us to win the league at 500/1. that might be stretching things.

I would make valencia dress as a gladiator and stand the corner of my bedroom.

Unread 30-12-2018, 11:28 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagnificentSeven
we've not had a real challenge yet, but you can only beat what's in front of you. would we have got 9 points in these fixtures under jose? and would our goal difference be what it is now?
Possibly, but not scoring 12 goals.

(amazing to think he *did* manage that early on last season - seems much, much longer ago)
Closed Thread