United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 05-12-2018, 11:53 AM
andyroo

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red
People have to stop comparing football to normal jobs. It really isn't the same. A little loss in confidence or belief in the boss won't stop that bloke from writing a piece. Loss of confidence or belief can be everything for a footballer. Even a 5% drop can cost you a result.
Absolutely. And the fact that it's everyone is a dead giveaway. Can't put it down to a few bad apples like he did at Madrid and Chelsea. We can either choose to believe they're all just taking it on themselves to sabotage him for no reason, or we can take our heads out of his arse and see the damage he's doing to the club. Wake the £#%&! up United.

Unread 05-12-2018, 11:58 AM
Clownbones

Is the cheeky bastard still banging on about money?

And not even consistently. So, we can't compete with Everton because they spent money...but Spurs didn't spend money, but kept all their star players ...didn't we keep all ours too?

In three years, he's spent God knows how much and we're no better off. Are we honestly expected to believe we're a Harry Maguire or Ivan Perisic away from something special here

I sympathise with him being usurped on transfers, that should never happen, but every manager misses out on targets.

Chelsea didn't get Lukaku
City didnt get Jorginho
Liverpool didn't get Fekir
Spurs didn't get anyone

Deal with it. Build something. The money we have spent has been pissed away on dick-swinging glamour signings and underachieving misfits. Nothing has been spent on anything that remotely looks like a 'vision'.

No lack of spending is making him play Fellaini ahead of Fred or Perreira, Valencia and Young ahead of Dalot or Rashford & Martial up front ahead of Lukaku.

Even with the money, does anyone actually want to see this all realised? What would we be?

He spent £75m on a big striker. The big striker isn't something I like and he isn't even a good one.

I don't like it as an ideal or individually.

Every week, the bar lowers. Are they out of the title race? Are they out of the top four race? Are they out of the top six race? We used to compare ourselves to City. Now it's Everton. Next it'll be Watford and Bournemouth.

In bastard December.

Take a step back and we are a disaster.

We're 8th (or 7th. or 9th. who the £#%&! knows or cares), our football is disgusting. Our players are shit and depressed. Our manager hates football. He genuinely looks like he hates the whole game. We are a depressing gloomy cloud. Just like him.

I watched that North London derby like the old homeless guy eats soup in Groundhog Day.

'Is this what real football tastes like?'

There is no joy in this. After three years.

His first league game was away to bournemouth. We won 3-1 with a performance better than anthing we've produced for the majority of the last 18 months. The cup wins in the first season came with with the hope of a returning winning mentality. Then take care of the style. Since then, both have regressed.

He's done. We all know it. The club won't pull the plug because they're short sighted cowards. They won't pay him off and dont want to give £200m to new guy. All while masquerading under this naive illusion that 'we don't sack managers'. Well, more fool you because what you've invested is no justfication for continuing with something that is failing.

I said it against Southampton: I would never *want* us to lose, but any draws or wins simply delay his exit and prolong this mess. They don't get us anywhere and it pisses me off that we are so bad that i'm thinking in those terms.

Unread 05-12-2018, 12:03 PM
dunk

Honestly think there is an absolute shoeing on the cards for us in the not too distant future. Could be tonight, could be Liverpool, but there's deffo one on the horizon Thought it was going to be Saturday at 2-0 after 19 minutes..

Unread 05-12-2018, 12:07 PM
Sandman

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
Honestly think there is an absolute shoeing on the cards for us in the not too distant future. Could be tonight, could be Liverpool, but there's deffo one on the horizon Thought it was going to be Saturday at 2-0 after 19 minutes..
Followed by Jose's cult giving their martyr a standing ovation as he leaves the pitch.

Unread 05-12-2018, 12:08 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandman
Followed by Jose's cult giving their martyr a standing ovation as he leaves the pitch.
Probably

Was told yesterday that in distance terms we have collectively ran the least of all the teams in the PL Not even £#%&!ing trying.

Remember the glory days of if you try to out work us, we'll work harder, try and out-play us, we'll play you off the park and if you try to kick us we'll be stamping on chests? evil:

Unread 05-12-2018, 12:10 PM
Clownbones

Quote:
People keep pointing to the players needing to do more, but I think it's the sense of pride that stings these players in to action when we're behind.

We look our worst when Mourinho has most recently spoken to them. When games kick off, we are a slack, lazy mess. The first twenty minutes against Newcastle, Bournemouth and Southampton recently have been as bad as anything we've produced since Fergie left.

We've come back in all three.

I think once the players actually get in to the pace of the match, when the threat of defeat is in front of them, they kick on a bit. Couple that with mourinho taking a few more risks and we're suddenly a much better side.

This is what is so frustrating. We're not even just wholly and completely shit. We see signs of life, or least some suggestion that this group is capable of more, even in small bursts.

Those spells are enough to pick up points too. I could actually see us winning tonight if our heads are screwed on.

It's the hope that kills you.

Unread 05-12-2018, 12:11 PM
Sandman

Quote:
Probably
It's Liverpool/Benitez levels of oddball delusion, we'd be pissing ourselves at any other club making excuses for this shite.

Unread 05-12-2018, 12:12 PM
TripDownMiseryLane

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorg
Charlton should do it to him first, then stab him in the face.

Absolutely sick of this fraud. Whatever he had he lost it at Madrid, it's never coming back, he's never going to win anything of note ever again. Just get rid.
Fair £#%&!s to Big Bobby C, he had the @#%&! sussed before he came near the club and had it been up to Sir Bob, he wouldn't have got anywhere near. We were warned.

Unread 05-12-2018, 12:13 PM
Clownbones

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandman
It's Liverpool/Benitez levels of oddball delusion, we'd be pissing ourselves at any other club making excuses for this shite.
This.

We are terrible playing terrible football with everyone at the club falling out with each other.

As fans, we look for glimmers of hope. As 'neutrals', people must be laughing their head off. I don't blame them.

Unread 05-12-2018, 12:13 PM
magic_cantona

These comments are getting more and more Moyes every £#%&!ing time. Next he'll be saying we're plucky underdogs when we play at home to Fulham.

GTFO Jose.

Unread 05-12-2018, 12:15 PM
dunk

Couldn't believe how quickly we reverted to a passive flat back 9 after getting to 2-2 on Saturday Then came out second half wondering what a football was actually for..

Unread 05-12-2018, 12:15 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyroo
Absolutely. And the fact that it's everyone is a dead giveaway. Can't put it down to a few bad apples like he did at Madrid and Chelsea. We can either choose to believe they're all just taking it on themselves to sabotage him for no reason, or we can take our heads out of his arse and see the damage he's doing to the club. Wake the £#%&! up United.
The club have undermined him this season, quite clearly and deliberately. The first week of the season we beat whoever it was at home but Mourinho may as well have just walked after that. Pogba threw the captaincy back in his face and the club briefed that they didn't trust his judgement. His authority was gone, which is probably why the lack of enthusiasm has spread to most of the players.

Much of that is because he probably didn't build much loyalty in the dressing room anyway and a multitude of other errors, but he's been a dead man pretty much since that opening weekend. How long the board want to prolong this is the question.

Unread 05-12-2018, 12:20 PM
TripDownMiseryLane

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyroo
What does that even mean anymore? I look at the gimps, wooden dick woody, maureen, half the team, the shit kits, the £#%&!y sponsers, the social following, Adam cola and hewson, the likes of goldbridge, the away support merrily happy clapping the shit, the whole pile of shit stinks

Unread 05-12-2018, 12:21 PM
Lazlo Panaflex

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clownbones
This.

We are terrible playing terrible football with everyone at the club falling out with each other.

As fans, we look for glimmers of hope. As 'neutrals', people must be laughing their head off. I don't blame them.
they are all loving it tbf

jose has played the fan base well.

I'm one of you guys, here's some excuses. He's one of us guys, here are his excuses.

Unread 05-12-2018, 12:21 PM
Zorg

Quote:
Originally Posted by TripDownMiseryLane
Fair £#%&!s to Big Bobby C, he had the @#%&! sussed before he came near the club and had it been up to Sir Bob, he wouldn't have got anywhere near. We were warned.
Yep. Just as Frogson knew what he was doing with Pogba.

Turns out Sir Bobby Charlton and Sir Alex Ferguson know a thing or two about football.

Unread 05-12-2018, 12:23 PM
Lok

Quote:

Turns out Sir Bobby Charlton and Sir Alex Ferguson know a thing or two about football.
With all due respect, I think you'll find that angry men on the internet know far more than those 2 put together.

Unread 05-12-2018, 12:29 PM
TripDownMiseryLane

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lok
With all due respect, I think you'll find that angry men on the internet know far more than those 2 put together.
Well said. Too £#%&!ing right they do

Unread 05-12-2018, 01:04 PM
System Error

Quote:

Picked Moyes though

Unread 05-12-2018, 01:07 PM
andyroo

Quote:

The trouble with that theory is the manager we did get.

I never wanted either but at that time it wasn't so blatantly obvious that Mourinho was finished.

Unread 05-12-2018, 01:08 PM
TheKitchenSink

A shame fergie and Charlton were both pro-Moyes.

At this point we need a lot more than a change of manager. The total reset button needs to be hit, the entire culture and structure of the club needs to be altered. Chances of that happening any time soon with Woody and crew at the reigns are slim to none. Jose is a mess of a human being but he's a symptom rather than the root of the problem.
Closed Thread