Closed Thread

Unread 26-03-2019, 06:45 PM
MUFCOK

Default Louis van Gaal on his sacking, his legacy and life in retirement

A good interview with Louis

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/47704834

Unread 26-03-2019, 06:48 PM
ScarFace

I shall wait until 2020 when he talks about his sacking in another interview. It's too soon to read again since last years interview about his sacking.

Unread 26-03-2019, 06:50 PM
MUFCOK

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScarFace
I shall wait until 2020 when he talks about his sacking in another interview. It's too soon to read again since last years interview about his sacking.
Can you post a link to the interview in 2020 when it comes out please?

Unread 26-03-2019, 06:52 PM
believe

Again? He’s like a rep circle member, just let it go ffs.

Unread 26-03-2019, 06:53 PM
MagnificentSeven

Quote:
If there is one aspect of Van Gaal's illustrious career for which he will be remembered, beyond the trophies, it is the number of young players he picked.

Van Gaal gave debuts to Clarence Seedorf, Patrick Kluivert, Edwin van der Sar, Carles Puyol, Xavi, Andres Iniesta, Thomas Muller, all now established names at football's highest level. There are many, many more, including Marcus Rashford from his time at United.

He says: "I read something from Mourinho saying I only did that out of necessity. Not true. I created the necessity.

Unread 26-03-2019, 06:56 PM
ScarFace

Quote:
Originally Posted by MUFCOK
Can you post a link to the interview in 2020 when it comes out please?
No that will probably be a copyright crime by then.

Unread 26-03-2019, 06:57 PM
naes_sean

Unread 26-03-2019, 07:10 PM
AK14

Quote:
"Paul Scholes was a manager too, yes?" he smiles. "Fantastic, eh. Fantastic."

Expected him to be a bigger person than that tbh.

Throwing snide at Ole too?

It is good to see him commenting on Woodward not getting his main targets but settling for his 4th and 5th. We can’t blame woody though obviously...

Unread 26-03-2019, 07:16 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK14

Expected him to be a bigger person than that tbh.
I didn't tbh, he has always had a bit of snide about him

Unread 26-03-2019, 07:31 PM
Mr_Ed

"The coach after me [Mourinho] changed to park-the-bus tactics and played on the counter. Now there is another coach who parks the bus and plays on the counter. The main difference between Mourinho and Solskjaer is that Solskjaer is winning.

Unread 26-03-2019, 07:34 PM
AK14

Quote:
Originally Posted by red in cumbria
Oh yeah he loves a dig or two, but with Scholes who failed at Oldham?

Just be the bigger man.

Structure at the club is wrong just as most of us thought.

Quote:
In the aftermath of Mourinho's exit, United sources stated clearly the appointment of a technical director was on the agenda, in addition to a new manager.

At present, nothing has changed from Van Gaal's time, with Woodward in overall charge and Matt Judge, who has a masters degree in economics and finance and 13 years' experience in investment banking, negotiating fees and contracts. United are adamant their priority is the football side and success on pitch is the objective for everyone at the club. Van Gaal does not agree.

"At the moment there is a structure with a scouting division and above that is someone at Woodward's right hand. The structure is not so bad but the right hand has to be a technical director with a football view, not somebody with a banker's role," Van Gaal says.

"Unfortunately, we are talking about a commercial club, not a football club. I spoke to Ferguson about this and in his last years, he also had problems with it."
Shots fired at the woody crew by a man they love

Unread 26-03-2019, 07:44 PM
Bunker Buster

What a man.....

Still has half the forum on strings....

Unread 26-03-2019, 08:26 PM
dunk

Quote:
Oh yeah he loves a dig or two, but with Scholes who failed at Oldham?

Just be the bigger man.

Structure at the club is wrong just as most of us thought.

Shots fired at the woody crew by a man they love
Pretty much agrees with what I've been saying since about 2005 tbh.

Woodward is just an employee doing his job to the remit given by his bosses.. not to defend the little worm, but if he left, his replacement would do exactly the same or get sacked... that's what the hard of thinking crew can't get to. Crying about Woodward and contracts and Mourinho not being allowed to buy players one year and sell them at a huge loss the next; we're a business. As every football club should have to be, because if they aren't, they go bust (hello Bolton) or they play with different rules to the rest..

Unread 26-03-2019, 08:38 PM
armchair

still love the guy. it was soul destroying having all the possession then losing by a goal so often though.

Unread 26-03-2019, 08:56 PM
saffers

Here for the woodward bashing.

Unread 26-03-2019, 09:31 PM
Alex Jones was Right

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
Woodward is just an employee doing his job to the remit given by his bosses.. not to defend the little worm, but if he left, his replacement would do exactly the same or get sacked... that's what the hard of thinking crew can't get to. Crying about Woodward and contracts
Don’t think his bosses expect woodward to give players inflated contracts way above their market worth.

Unread 26-03-2019, 09:39 PM
Mr_Ed

Unread 26-03-2019, 09:43 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jammy Dodger
Don’t think his bosses expect woodward to give players inflated contracts way above their market worth.
They expect him to retain assets.

He’s paid the going rate for those he’s given new contracts to, those that want above going rate are looking like leaving..

Unread 26-03-2019, 09:45 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by red in cumbria
Quote:
Oh yeah he loves a dig or two
ffs Scholes who slagged him every week with BT's battery in his back.

Great interview from Big Si Stone

Unread 26-03-2019, 09:54 PM
AK14

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red
ffs Scholes who slagged him every week with BT's battery in his back.

Great interview from Big Si Stone
It was his job tbf and for the most part he was spot on.

Why would someone like Van Gaal that’s won everything in the game lower himself into bashing a young manager who took a lower division job, just comes across as a bit sad tbh.

Quote:
They expect him to retain assets.

He’s paid the going rate for those he’s given new contracts to, those that want above going rate are looking like leaving..
Isn’t Phill Jones on close to 150k a week

And tbf the reason we have players looking for above the going rate is because Sanchez was brought in on a ridiculous wage, can’t really blame them for wanting a slice of the pie.

Quote:
Pretty much agrees with what I've been saying since about 2005 tbh.

Woodward is just an employee doing his job to the remit given by his bosses.. not to defend the little worm, but if he left, his replacement would do exactly the same or get sacked... that's what the hard of thinking crew can't get to. Crying about Woodward and contracts and Mourinho not being allowed to buy players one year and sell them at a huge loss the next; we're a business. As every football club should have to be, because if they aren't, they go bust (hello Bolton) or they play with different rules to the rest..
His job is to allow three completely different managers oversee our rebuild and spend an absolute shit load of money in 6 years taking us from 1st to 6th
Closed Thread