United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Manchester United Match Thread Archive

Unread 27-12-2021, 11:47 PM
Dasilvatwins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denis Irwell
They need a negative/dramatic/scandal manu narrative, mate
Just stick with the we are shit because our players aren’t good enough.

Unread 27-12-2021, 11:48 PM
Denis Irwell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dasilvatwins
We need proper backing we won’t get.

It takes us 4 windows to sign a player. If we are to be serious and improve we need atleast two players in Jan. we won’t get one
Aye, and that’s another problem

Unread 27-12-2021, 11:50 PM
AK14

Quote:
What’s this £#%&!ing narrative about our players being critical of each other. I think it happened once when we had two players on the left on the counter and rashford #@&%!ed it up.

Once , that was all…ralf trying to explain we weren’t physically great and we’re shit passing.

Sky…no we drew because we were shouting at each other
Guessing it’s because Ralf called them out on it recently (apparently) and tbf he has a point. We play like a bunch of strangers and the throwing of the arms and sulking with each other needs to stop.

United teams of the past would call each other out for mistakes but it would be because they demand the best out of each other. These @#%&!s do it because their petulant children.

Unread 27-12-2021, 11:52 PM
Dasilvatwins

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK14
Guessing it’s because Ralf called them out on it recently (apparently) and tbf he has a point. We play like a bunch of strangers and the throwing of the arms and sulking with each other needs to stop.

United teams of the past would call each other out for mistakes but it would be because they demand the best out of each other. These @#%&!s do it because their petulant children.
Yea but we lost because we didn’t pass great had shit movement and love to gift the opposition the ball so they can score.

Unread 27-12-2021, 11:52 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Wonder what ralf thinks of the shite he has to sort out.
like most of the managers who've taken over from whichever preceding mess they've inherited, i should imagine it's probably now dawning on him the size of the task.

It's all very well telling players to 'be aggressive' but far too many of ours mistake aggression for petulance and behave accordingly. They either have it or they don't. Nice guy ole filled the squad with affable saps.

Unread 27-12-2021, 11:53 PM
pedr0

Quote:
Originally Posted by red in cumbria
Yes we were shit, but it would be nice to be allowed to win without trying too hard now and then.
The worst post I've ever seen. Embarrassing.

City had an 'easy' 4-0 win against Newcastle last week not because Newcastle didn't try, but because City are well organised and make good decisions on and off the ball. Nothing to do with the opposition.

Teams are 'up for it' against us because we let them. City crushed Newcastle's confidence in the first 10 minutes, we did the exact opposite.

"It would be nice to be allowed to win" Jesus wept. We don't deserve £#%&! all.

Unread 27-12-2021, 11:53 PM
AK14

Quote:
Yea but we lost because we didn’t pass great had shit movement and love to gift the opposition the ball so they can score.
Agree and also because we didn’t work as hard as Newcastle which Ralf called them out on.

Unread 27-12-2021, 11:55 PM
andyroo

Quote:
But see, at least some of that has to do with the terrible attitude problems popping up all over the shop. Of which this bitching is another symptom. Everyone can see the woeful passing, shit movement and defensive howlers, Nev is talking about what's behind it.

Unread 27-12-2021, 11:57 PM
Dasilvatwins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
like most of the managers who've taken over from whichever preceding mess they've inherited, i should imagine it's probably now dawning on him the size of the task.

It's all very well telling players to 'be aggressive' but far too many of ours mistake aggression for petulance and behave accordingly. They either have it or they don't. Nice guy ole filled the squad with affable saps.
Sad thing is I don’t think he has enough time to properly implement it.

Even the things how he spoke about martial pogba , if they don’t want to be here they can leave etc etc , I do think he is the right man for this job

We will see what the club want to do in Jan . Like I said sign two players and it’s a mentality shift that we want to do better and really go for it. Sign one and we can argue Ralf’s trying to get his message across. Don’t sign anyone, may aswell fold the club because we will always be playing catch-up

Unread 28-12-2021, 12:16 AM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by pedr0
The worst post I've ever seen.
You are spoiled, then. Its not even my worst post by a long chalk

Unread 28-12-2021, 12:29 AM
Sparky***

every performance we put in like that is another spring in the step of the next two-bob outfit we play.

Burnley will have watched that, rubbing their hands together. We lose every 50/50, fail miserably to deal with basic balls over the top, centre backs shitting themselves every time someone comes near them.

Newcastle, for as shit as they are, at least their players were willing to run to the point they were injuring themselves. Ours just play whenever they're in the mood. For 3 years they've got so used to just turning up and having a bit of a stroll for 70 odd minutes, then play within themselves for 20 mins, let the better players dig them out of the shit. 'ooh look how good we are, we finished 2nd in empty stadiums'. £#%&!ing hell we're a bunch of frauds.

I can't even remember the last time they put in a 90 minute peformance. I can't remember the last time i watched them and went away thinking 'well that was a fuss free win'. They are so fundamentally broken in so many ways it's going to take a lot £#%&!ing longer than a 6 month interim manager to sort this out. Yeah good luck Ralph. Seriously mate. Good £#%&!ing luck. Because this lot aren't interested. They couldn't give two £#%&!s. Most of them honestly think they're doing Manchester United a massive favour by playing for them, their egos are so far beyond what they're actually capable of it's frightening.

I honestly wouldn't give a £#%&! if any of them left. Any of them. There isn't a single player out there on the pitch any more playing for United that couldn't be replaced by at least half a dozen better players in their respective positions. They should all be placed on notice. If we're going to drag this £#%&!ing club up by it's bootstraps then we need to go scorched earth. Starting with that coddled, weasly, snake pit of a dressing room.

@#%&!s.

Unread 28-12-2021, 12:51 AM
Hyman_Roth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
every performance we put in like that is another spring in the step of the next two-bob outfit we play.

Burnley will have watched that, rubbing their hands together. We lose every 50/50, fail miserably to deal with basic balls over the top, centre backs shitting themselves every time someone comes near them.

Newcastle, for as shit as they are, at least their players were willing to run to the point they were injuring themselves. Ours just play whenever they're in the mood. For 3 years they've got so used to just turning up and having a bit of a stroll for 70 odd minutes, then play within themselves for 20 mins, let the better players dig them out of the shit. 'ooh look how good we are, we finished 2nd in empty stadiums'. £#%&!ing hell we're a bunch of frauds.

I can't even remember the last time they put in a 90 minute peformance. I can't remember the last time i watched them and went away thinking 'well that was a fuss free win'. They are so fundamentally broken in so many ways it's going to take a lot £#%&!ing longer than a 6 month interim manager to sort this out. Yeah good luck Ralph. Seriously mate. Good £#%&!ing luck. Because this lot aren't interested. They couldn't give two £#%&!s. Most of them honestly think they're doing Manchester United a massive favour by playing for them, their egos are so far beyond what they're actually capable of it's frightening.

I honestly wouldn't give a £#%&! if any of them left. Any of them. There isn't a single player out there on the pitch any more playing for United that couldn't be replaced by at least half a dozen better players in their respective positions. They should all be placed on notice. If we're going to drag this £#%&!ing club up by it's bootstraps then we need to go scorched earth. Starting with that coddled, weasly, snake pit of a dressing room.

@#%&!s.
Yep. But the culture of the club is all wrong. The owners are simply revenue grabbing and winning is of secondary importance to them than that. Woodward rewards poorly performing players with 5 year contracts. We can’t shift players that actually want to leave. No one’s arsed if they play shit. There’s no Fergie to %@#$&! them and no Keane to frighten them.

We’re rotten in pretty much every way you could think of.

Unread 28-12-2021, 12:55 AM
stax

Players on big contracts who think they're better than they are. No hunger.

Unread 28-12-2021, 12:55 AM
marlo

this has nothing to do with the owners.

we just have players who aren’t as good as they think they are, a manager just getting his feet under the desk and a fan base that put players on a pedestal regardless of how they play.

Unread 28-12-2021, 12:58 AM
silv

Quote:
Originally Posted by marlo
this has nothing to do with the owners.

we just have players who aren’t as good as they think they are, a manager just getting his feet under the desk and a fan base that put players on a pedestal regardless of how they play.
Owners choose the manager and approve the level of spending on the players who play the match

Not sure what effect the fans have on the outcome but ok

Unread 28-12-2021, 12:59 AM
Ethers

Spot on both of you.

Would like to think Ralf can see all of this, and has a plan to turn it around. But these coaching appointments have concerned me tbh. Hard to get too enthusiastic about some absolute nobodies from the £#%&!ing MLS. Yes, they might already have an idea of how he wants the players to play. But what use is that if you haven’t got the experience or ability to make these utter £#%&!ers in our squad do what you ask of them?

Unread 28-12-2021, 01:00 AM
Alex Jones was Right

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheNew
At least he knows it's shite tbf. Unlike the last manager.
Are United fans really this dumb?

Unread 28-12-2021, 02:35 AM
Denis Irwell

United deserved no more/no less from that shit show but media reports saying Newcastle took a “deserved” lead after 5 £#%&!ing minutes? How do you “deserve” a £#%&!ing goal after 5 minutes? They deserved no more than what they got. Same as us.

Unread 28-12-2021, 04:52 AM
shenwen

Concerning, although good that Rangnick is pulling shit players at half time. Still, what's so different now from Ole chaos ball? Where's the shape and pressing we saw at the Palace game?

Too many awful performances to list but special mention to Captain Maguire. Took him less than five minutes to get the defence panicking. How can he be our leader? At one point in the second half I counted him hold the ball for 10 seconds before making a pass. A sideways ball to Varane. £#%&!ing dreadful.

Unread 28-12-2021, 06:51 AM
Patty_b

Substitute PE teacher.

Out of his depth.

Cant coach the players.

Nobody else wanted to hire him.

If we had a better manager with this team we'd be competing for the league.

Etc etc...

Players are shite, culture at the club is £#%&!ed, it doesn't matter who the manager is and wholesale changes needed. Said it all before.