United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Manchester United Match Thread Archive

Unread 05-04-2017, 07:28 AM
Dasilvatwins

Top 4 is gone. Should play the strongest team in the europa league.

Maybe jose has already started with starting fellani and young and lingard.

Martial didnt have the best have games. Could easily have started him last night. Sometimes you need to just play through your shit streak. Right now thenfront 4 minus ibra have been chopped and changed atter a game or two and we are in a cycle of. Shit performance dropped....replacement does shit hes dropped... the problem here is united have so many games by the time the week comes back round theyre picked back into the team and their confidence is shot.

Play mensah, play shaw, play blind at cm...just never ever again play that shite midfield or carrick fellani and herrera ever again.

Still have to play city , tottenham and arsenal away. He should start trolling like LVG and play weakened sides...course he wouldnt " cus its not the manchester united way , we play to win every game"... lets just hope it doesnt tire them out

Unread 05-04-2017, 08:21 AM
puressence

Unread 05-04-2017, 08:45 AM
TripDownMiseryLane

Paul Wilson's match report in the gyawndian, a more shit bias abu report the c*** couldn't have written, totally skewed and packed with snide, is this tosspot usually this bad? who does the c*** claim to support now he's into footy?:w****r:

Should have been 3 or 4 - 1. Robbed and no mistake

Unread 05-04-2017, 08:46 AM
andyroo

Quote:
Originally Posted by TripDownMiseryLane
Paul Wilson's match report in the gyawndian, a more shit bias abu report the @#%&! couldn't have written, totally skewed and packed with snide, is this tosspot usually this bad? who does the @#%&! claim to support now he's into footy?:w****r:
Everton

Unread 05-04-2017, 08:53 AM
TripDownMiseryLane

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorg
It's the bach four imo
Not enough variations up front.

Unread 05-04-2017, 08:58 AM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan
I'm not surprised you think that given your relentless slagging of him and your stoic defence of the thumb, but it's the truth I'm afraid.

As I said, you posted his quote which clearly alludes to it, as do comments of his from the start of the season regarding man for man marking vs zonal, etc, and various other things I've read and heard throughout the season, for example Herrera:

http://www.manchestereveningnews.co....rrera-11998856

"Mourinho gives you more freedom as a player; he wants the player’s instinct to come through. It’s true that you then have to have that defensive order but he tells us to let that if that instinct guides us on the pitch then we should try things."
If I could be arsed I'd dig out the plethora of quotes regarding LvG giving the players too many decisions to make for themselves on the pitch etc.

In terms of positional rigidity and defensive rigidity, Mourinho is far stricter, that much is obvious from watching the games.

The players are dumb and need replacing in the main, as they did last season.

Unread 05-04-2017, 09:01 AM
andyroo

The first replacement we brought in has been a £#%&!ing disaster positionally. And he cost a zillion pounds.

In any case we have a manager with a proven track record of success just sighing and saying he can't do anything till he gets a new team to manage. That's just not £#%&!ing good enough.

Unread 05-04-2017, 09:13 AM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jammy Dodger
All? Do we have that many? Rashford is playing a part in every game. Martial has a truly shit attitude this season..
Lingard, Shaw (pre-injury), Fosu Mensah... all the young players are worse/struggling this season.

Wonder why Martial has this apparent shit attitude?

Unread 05-04-2017, 09:13 AM
andyroo

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
Lingard, Shaw (pre-injury), Fosu Mensah...

Wonder why Martial has this apparent shit attitude?
He's French

Unread 05-04-2017, 09:14 AM
Whip Hubley

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyroo
In any case we have a manager with a proven track record of success just sighing and saying he can't do anything till he gets a new team to manage. That's just not £#%&!ing good enough.

Cool. Let's get someone else in, because having 2 managers widely recognised as world class in a row who've 'failed' obviously points to them being the issue

Absolute bunch of mattress protectors. He's been here 10 months, took over a squad that most fans were saying was loaded with shit, and - here's the clincher - the season isn't even over yet

How about we all take a step back, have a little faith in a manager and, oh, I don't know, give him more than 10 months before we start name calling

Unread 05-04-2017, 09:14 AM
dunk

Quote:
He's French
Fair point. Tough to change that..

Unread 05-04-2017, 09:15 AM
andyroo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whip Hubley
Cool. Let's get someone else in, because having 2 managers widely recognised as world class in a row who've 'failed' obviously points to them being the issue

Absolute bunch of mattress protectors. He's been here 10 months, took over a squad that most fans were saying was loaded with shit, and - here's the clincher - the season isn't even over yet

How about we all take a step back, have a little faith in a manager and, oh, I don't know, give him more than 10 months before we start name calling
I'm not saying sack him. I'm saying "we haven't got the players" is no £#%&!ing excuse.

Unread 05-04-2017, 09:15 AM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whip Hubley

All that was true of LvG and he was getting it long before 10 months was up.

I agree though, Mourinho has to be here for at least his 3 years, he needs to sort his £#%&!ing head out and dispense with this long ball shite forthwith though.

Unread 05-04-2017, 09:18 AM
stax

Quote:
Originally Posted by TripDownMiseryLane
Not enough variations up front.
Very good

Unread 05-04-2017, 09:20 AM
Whip Hubley

Quote:
I'm not saying sack him. I'm saying "we haven't got the players" is no £#%&!ing excuse.
Quote:
All that was true of LvG and he was getting it long before 10 months was up.

I agree though, Mourinho has to be here for at least his 3 years, he needs to sort his £#%&!ing head out and dispense with this long ball shite forthwith though.

So it's widely agreed the squad is filled with shite, but yet this is some how Mourinho's fault and we should be playing like Barcelona despite the aformentioned shite in the squad.

Back 5 aside, we don't even know our best team. We don't know our best front 6 because we don't have a best front 6.

Some people don't even think our top scorer should be in the starting 11 ffs

There seems to be this illusion that if we start with Martial, Rashford, Lingard and Mkhitaryan we'll start playing incredible football.

3 out of those 4 have been, for the most part, either average or absolute toss this season. But apparently because Rashford and Martial, 2 incredibly young players, had decent campaigns last time out it absolutely must be the managers fault they're not playing well this time out...? Nothing to do with age, second season syndrome, the very fact there's been a change of manager with different ideas.....?

All I'm saying is, chill the £#%&! out and at least try and get behind the manager who is the one person who can change this. I'll judge his reign not a moment before he's had at least 3 seasons, the amount of time I believe LVG should have been given.

Unread 05-04-2017, 09:23 AM
dunk

The players aren't good at what he's telling them to do. He's using the tactics he favoured when he had a couple of the World's best in each position to bail him out and then wondering why it isn't working.

Surely it's not too much to ask for him to be trying something different?

Unread 05-04-2017, 09:29 AM
Bunker Buster

His 'try something different' is long ball / uber crosses...

Unread 05-04-2017, 09:34 AM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
If I could be arsed I'd dig out the plethora of quotes regarding LvG giving the players too many decisions to make for themselves on the pitch etc.

In terms of positional rigidity and defensive rigidity, Mourinho is far stricter, that much is obvious from watching the games.

The players are dumb and need replacing in the main, as they did last season.
this is complete nonsense.

even s/side will admit as much.

Unread 05-04-2017, 09:36 AM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumescent Throb
this is complete nonsense.

even s/side will admit as much.
It isn't. But whatever.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster
His 'try something different' is long ball / uber crosses...
Oh goody.

Unread 05-04-2017, 09:40 AM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
it kind of is. for me the single biggest problem we have is that the centre mids cannot take a player on and run by them, can barely shoot either on the run or moving onto a pass, have almost zero combination play around the edge of the box, and almost never run beyond the striker - which is pretty £#%&!ing important in a lone striker system.

i have no idea wtf has happened to herrera but he's been mostly useless for 3 years now. he looked as if he was re-finding his talent earlier this season but has gone back into his shell. and pogba, who has in glimpses shown everything we need, is erratic and half-arsed, and lacks discipline in the central midfield role. we need 2 centre mids with energy, power, attacking instinct and goals.

Quote:
It isn't. But whatever.
it's complete nonsense.