United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Everything else > Other Sports & Fitness

Unread 14-01-2022, 09:02 AM
Gypsum Fantastic

Default Djokovic's visa cancelled again

what a farce...

obviously been surprised by the last minute coming together of the event that is the, erm, australian open...

saying he's a threat to public health and civic order...

why was he given a visa in the first place if he doesn't meet the requirements (which he clearly doesn't)... boris happy to let the aussies take this one

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-australia-59991762

Unread 14-01-2022, 09:04 AM
silv

I think you might have to see 'fair dinkums' this time after he was caught out and about knowing he had covid

Unread 14-01-2022, 09:07 AM
Ethers

Quote:
Originally Posted by silv
I think you might have to see 'fair dinkums' this time after he was caught out and about knowing he had covid
I’d say yes, if they were doing it because of that, and the fact he filled the form out incorrectly. Fair enough.

But they’re not, they’re doing it on the grounds of public health ffs, and have waited all week to do it at the last minute. Clearly for a vendetta against him.

Unread 14-01-2022, 09:20 AM
Whip Hubley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethers
I’d say yes, if they were doing it because of that, and the fact he filled the form out incorrectly. Fair enough.

But they’re not, they’re doing it on the grounds of public health ffs, and have waited all week to do it at the last minute. Clearly for a vendetta against him.
This.

A threat to public health only way he's a threat to public health is because he's a properly boring bastard... but that's not a reason to kick him out of the country.

I always knew Australians were absolute nutjobs tbf. Not a brain cell between them...

Unread 14-01-2022, 09:23 AM
waynes ear's

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whip Hubley
only way he's a threat to public health is because he's a properly boring bastard...
well, he could start batting hand grenades out of his hotel room

Unread 14-01-2022, 09:28 AM
red red robbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethers

"Health and good order"

I read that as them thinking the general public would be pissed off at him seemingly being able to flout the rules and it might encourage their anti-vaxxers, which could be seen as a health threat.

Possibly retro-fitting a justification to the course of action they wanted to do all along.

Unread 14-01-2022, 09:30 AM
NedKelly

Novak? More like Novax!

Unread 14-01-2022, 09:32 AM
ZiggyStardust

He's an absolute p**** so f*** him

Either he went to events knowing he was Covid positive and didn't let anyone know or the more likely scenario that he and his people got the Covid positive result faked so he would be eligible for the Australian open without taking a vaccine

Never liked him as a player or person and this sorry episode has only re-enforced that view

Unread 14-01-2022, 09:33 AM
puressence

f*** me its like the okey cokey

Unread 14-01-2022, 09:58 AM
My Name is Heath

His face is somehow too long.

I can’t quite put my finger on it but can understand why the Aussies would want to deport someone with his misshapen head.