United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 13-01-2022, 11:57 AM
Drexl

That geordie who came on here givin it all that just after Newcastle got bought out didn't stay long, did he?

Unread 13-01-2022, 12:34 PM
Dr Stranger

These are exactly the type of players I’d expect them to sign. Decent premier league players they can prise away from middling clubs.

All these projections about world dominance were way off, at least In the short-term. They were never going to go and buy ready-made stars because they don’t have that pull.

Even our players like Martial, Lingard and DVDB linked with them aren’t going to go from Manchester United into a relegation battle.

They’ve got to do it bit by bit and impending relegation certainly won’t help.

(Although I’ve got a feeling they’ll stay up)

It’ll take them the best part of ten years til they’re competing at the very top.

Unread 13-01-2022, 12:54 PM
Pop

New Zealand FC

Unread 13-01-2022, 12:57 PM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pop
New Zealand FC

Didn’t realise he was New Zealandy.

Unread 13-01-2022, 01:08 PM
Pop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Stranger
Didn’t realise he was New Zealandy.
No, it was just a bad case of rickets.

Unread 13-01-2022, 02:56 PM
Chris Quayd

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
Arsenal looking at getting Arthur on loan from Juve. Xavi-lite, but surely we could do worse than have a look at a loan for a player like that?
Could and will.

Unread 13-01-2022, 02:58 PM
windy waffles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Quayd
Could and will.

Unread 13-01-2022, 03:04 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Quayd
Could and will.

Unread 13-01-2022, 04:16 PM
MUFCOK

Quote:
Arsenal looking at getting Arthur on loan from Juve. Xavi-lite, but surely we could do worse than have a look at a loan for a player like that?
We should be all over that one. Really good player I think and its a loan so if it doesn't work out then you can send him back.

However, we're not a well run club so no surprises that we're not interested.

Unread 13-01-2022, 04:52 PM
Neo

Quote:
Originally Posted by MUFCOK
We should be all over that one. Really good player I think and its a loan so if it doesn't work out then you can send him back.

However, we're not a well run club so no surprises that we're not interested.
Tell our hierarchy that we should be signing Arthur and they'd probably end up with this @#%&! as a replacement for Fred The Red:

Unread 13-01-2022, 05:08 PM
20LEgend1999

Can't miss out on Arthur after letting Saul Niguez slip through the net in the summer...

Unread 13-01-2022, 05:14 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by 20LEgend1999
Can't miss out on Arthur after letting Saul Niguez slip through the net in the summer...
Saul would’ve played every game for us

Know what you mean though. There must be something available for us rather than watching our rivals strengthen

Straight swap: Martial for a midfielder with Juve. Or anyone with a midfielder to spare tbf.

Unread 13-01-2022, 06:03 PM
MUFCOK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dasilvatwins
100%

Newcastle had tripper done a week into the window. We are entering the third week with no shitc*** leaving and more importantly nobody arriving
I understand that its slightly harder for United when selling clubs like to put on a premium for players, like in the summer Atleti wanted 40 million and then Newcastle get him for 12, so it is a joke but its compounded by the fact we're just so terribly run.

As everyone has mentioned, there will be plenty of players in plenty of leagues that would be an improvement for us but we're not even close to any of them. All we've come up with is Rice for 100 million, if that's the only option we've got then the scouting department and club really isn't doing their job. Anyone could have picked someone like Rice out, no real skill has gone into that one.

Unread 13-01-2022, 06:43 PM
Dasilvatwins

Quote:
Originally Posted by MUFCOK
I understand that its slightly harder for United when selling clubs like to put on a premium for players, like in the summer Atleti wanted 40 million and then Newcastle get him for 12, so it is a joke but its compounded by the fact we're just so terribly run.

As everyone has mentioned, there will be plenty of players in plenty of leagues that would be an improvement for us but we're not even close to any of them. All we've come up with is Rice for 100 million, if that's the only option we've got then the scouting department and club really isn't doing their job. Anyone could have picked someone like Rice out, no real skill has gone into that one.
The French league tends to have untapped talent. Same with the Portuguese league. Our scouts are just so bad. Even then there are players who have played at a good level who’s contract expires in the summer.

Teams won’t be able to stick too much of a “man utd” free.

There’s the lad at AC Milan kessie? I’m not expecting him to be our best player but he can certainly come in and improve. His contract is out in the summer I’m sure they can prise him away for 10-15 million (I’m being excessive at that!)

Unread 13-01-2022, 06:59 PM
Pop

Quote:
Utd should go for him. If only to have a midfield pairing of Arthur and Fred.

Sounds like two old blokes in a pub.

Unread 14-01-2022, 01:28 PM
Bion

Will Ralf go for him ?
Do we need a Player like him ?

I'm on the fence thou

Unread 14-01-2022, 03:43 PM
Dasilvatwins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bion
https://twitter.com/FITHupdates/stat...545200129?s=20

Will Ralf go for him ?

I'm on the fence thou
Standard daily mail bullshit. Nothing to see here

We are going to chase haaland all summer only for him to go to Madrid right?

That vlahovic is the one to go for . Same age, proven goal scorer and raiola isn’t his agent. We should be in for him. If not now , sign a deal for him to come in the summer.

Haaland won’t go to city because raiola hates Dortmund. He will either go Madrid , psg, or Chelsea . We will end up with our pants pulled down and chase the wrong guy.

It would be such a shame if Arsenal pick up this guy for around 40-50 mill

Unread 14-01-2022, 05:03 PM
Jethro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bion
https://twitter.com/FITHupdates/stat...545200129?s=20

Will Ralf go for him ?

I'm on the fence thou
The complete antithesis of what we need. Sign him and it's two steps back.

Unread 14-01-2022, 05:20 PM
Pop

Not needed and an Argie to boot.

Nailed on then.

Unread 15-01-2022, 11:29 PM
Whalefish

Express saying he (Rangnick) won't be backed in the January window. Which goes against what they and others were suggesting when he took over.

Tbh I wasn't expecting much, just a midfielder close to being out of contract (like Zakaria or Kamara).

Ralf Rangnick contacted RB Leipzig to put a £33m deal for midfielder Amadou Haidara in motion a couple of days after his arrival at Man Utd. Man United have yet to lodge a bid for him. [@MullockSMirror]
Closed Thread