United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Manchester United Match Thread Archive

Unread 28-12-2021, 06:46 PM
Dasilvatwins

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK14
I get we were shit last night and we really really shit there’s no denying it

But this thread is crazy

From over analysing our better players like Bruno, Maguire and Ronaldo to calling Ralf “The German Steve Bruce”.

The guy has been in the job a month, trying to implement a new style, covid hit the squad, players have played under a novice manager for 3 years etc… it’s not going to be a quick fix, Things will get worse before getting better.
Maguire is done. He makes several mistakes each game. If you couldn’t see how slow was he on the turn and running back last night?! He has always been a slower player. He will be good in a Team that defends deep in numbers as I think he can put his body on the line but give him space and he will be taken to the cleaners.

He will only get slower. He is done.

Unread 28-12-2021, 06:50 PM
Whalefish

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK14
I get we were shit last night and we really really shit there’s no denying it

But this thread is crazy

From over analysing our better players like Bruno, Maguire and Ronaldo to calling Ralf “The German Steve Bruce”.

The guy has been in the job a month, trying to implement a new style, covid hit the squad, players have played under a novice manager for 3 years etc… it’s not going to be a quick fix, Things will get worse before getting better.
Agree with this.

Is there any point singing out Rangnick after what, 5mins at the club? That and he won't managing United next season, he'll be advising. I'm not so sure.

That said I don't see him being able to implement any style of play with the current squad members. It's not so much ability for me it's more a lack of attitude and a lack of balance in the squad. It'd be great if he could bring in 2 or 3 players that he knew would understand what he wanted and could lift the others but I just don't see United stumping up any cash for any new players, even if the right ones are cleared out in January.

Also, having currently got COVID, I can say the last thing I fancy doing is running around any sort of pitch for 90mins. Even when passed fit again no idea what the affects are going to be. Also, do Sky et al know what happened at Carrington? Last night they kept inferring the coaching and playing staff have had around 16 days to implement new tactics, system(s) etc. but Carrington was closed for at least 10 of them and when the players were welcomed back initial sessions were light to assess how everyone was post-COVID. It was as if United players and staff hadn't had it, feet up, etc.

Unread 28-12-2021, 07:32 PM
Sparky***

I'm still f***ing seething about this performance tbh.

Should know better really considering I said this about 3 weeks ago...

https://www.utdforum.com/forum/showp...postcount=1387

Unread 28-12-2021, 08:17 PM
Denis Irwell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whalefish
Agree with this.

Is there any point singing out Rangnick after what, 5mins at the club? That and he won't managing United next season, he'll be advising. I'm not so sure.

That said I don't see him being able to implement any style of play with the current squad members. It's not so much ability for me it's more a lack of attitude and a lack of balance in the squad. It'd be great if he could bring in 2 or 3 players that he knew would understand what he wanted and could lift the others but I just don't see United stumping up any cash for any new players, even if the right ones are cleared out in January.

Also, having currently got COVID, I can say the last thing I fancy doing is running around any sort of pitch for 90mins. Even when passed fit again no idea what the affects are going to be. Also, do Sky et al know what happened at Carrington? Last night they kept inferring the coaching and playing staff have had around 16 days to implement new tactics, system(s) etc. but Carrington was closed for at least 10 of them and when the players were welcomed back initial sessions were light to assess how everyone was post-COVID. It was as if United players and staff hadn't had it, feet up, etc.
Postage

Unread 28-12-2021, 08:38 PM
Stickman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
I'm still f***ing seething about this performance tbh.

Should know better really considering I said this about 3 weeks ago...

https://www.utdforum.com/forum/showp...postcount=1387
Same tbh

More or less every bastards turned up and slapped them on their own turf this season yet we barely looked like scoring.

Unread 28-12-2021, 08:59 PM
Sparky***

The absolute f***ing state of our passing

Unread 28-12-2021, 09:05 PM
Whalefish

The first thing that stood out there was a certain United players 'little flicks' that rarely if ever come off and just dribble back to an opposition player - and it's always someone else's fault.

Ralf wanting fewer touches in midfield, fewer sideways and backwards passes. Well Ralf's going to need new midfielders for that. Both Fred and McTominay (or Matic ) won't bring about that change. All three at times look petrified to play a forward pass, or can't.

Unread 28-12-2021, 09:10 PM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
The absolute f***ing state of our passing
https://twitter.com/LegasusCR7/statu...52393623019524
Yep. He’s the problem . This remains the most ridiculous narrative of the season.

So many chances to get in behind that we ignore, and yet we love an aimless punt over the top when it’s NOT on.

Unread 28-12-2021, 09:14 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Stranger
Yep. He’s the problem . This remains the most ridiculous narrative of the season.

So many chances to get in behind that we ignore, and yet we love an aimless punt over the top when it’s NOT on.
Scholes would have found Ronaldo about 4 times with those passes. Unfortunately the likes of Fred don’t have the quality or the vision to pick that pass out. Our central midfield, as ever, is f***ing killing usq

Unread 28-12-2021, 09:16 PM
Whalefish

Not just Fred either, McTominay time and again (when his head is up) opts to play safe when other options are on.

Our midfield options, all of them, are dull and utter shite.

Need one or two? Make that three or four.