United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 08-12-2021, 11:26 AM
atticusgrinch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patty_b
I'm trying not to get my hopes up. Concerned he might end up going somewhere else, potentially City.

Could become a hat man, change it up every so often. Stick a couple of sponsors on there. Whoever is our manager seems to spend about a third of the time on camera instead of the game anyway, might as well cover up the bald and earn some of that sweet sweet commercial revenue at the same time.
I was thinking a combover- it's in our DNA.

Think about it. Eric's hair flapping in the wind. Sir Bobby looking down (from the stands hopefully) approvingly. The spirit of '68 alive and well.

Marvellous.

Unread 08-12-2021, 11:29 AM
Patty_b

Quote:
Originally Posted by atticusgrinch
I was thinking a combover- it's in our DNA.

Think about it. Eric's hair flapping in the wind. Sir Bobby looking down (from the stands hopefully) approvingly. The spirit of '68 alive and well.

Marvellous.
Photo of him running onto the pitch after winning the league with the combover chasing after him. Would add something more nqat.

Unread 08-12-2021, 11:33 AM
atticusgrinch

Quote:
Photo of him running onto the pitch after winning the league with the combover chasing after him. Would add something more nqat.
Could he bring an assistant missing a front row of teeth? Could be a deal breaker.

Unread 08-12-2021, 11:34 AM
Pop

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyroo
We need an expert to adjudicate

Obligatory....

Jesus

Unread 08-12-2021, 11:37 AM
NedKelly

Quote:
Soul. It adds soul.

Unread 12-12-2021, 12:13 PM
Zorg

'According to reports'

Completely unsourced reports. It's on

Unread 12-12-2021, 12:55 PM
Patty_b

He's indicated he's open to leaving for another job, it's only linked to us because of current circumstance. There's plenty of clubs with bottomless pockets and in a better place who'd be happy to change manager to get him in.

Unread 12-12-2021, 12:59 PM
Bion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorg
https://twitter.com/SkySportsPL/stat...732387843?s=20

'According to reports'

A lot of Haagwash

Unread 12-12-2021, 05:57 PM
RedMenace

Quote:
He's indicated he's open to leaving for another job, it's only linked to us because of current circumstance. There's plenty of clubs with bottomless pockets and in a better place who'd be happy to change manager to get him in.
There's not really though. Maybe City if Guardiola was leaving early. PSG if they can't get Zidane. Aside from that I don't see too many better jobs out there.

Unread 12-12-2021, 09:46 PM
avocado

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedMenace
There's not really though. Maybe City if Guardiola was leaving early. PSG if they can't get Zidane. Aside from that I don't see too many better jobs out there.
If you are suggesting they are better jobs then you are on the wrong forum …..

Unread 13-12-2021, 12:47 AM
RedMenace

Quote:
Originally Posted by avocado
If you are suggesting they are better jobs then you are on the wrong forum …..
True. Poor choice of words. But realistically they're both jobs that a manager with no connection to United might choose to take ahead of the United job. But the ideal manager would fancy the challenge of United.

Unread 13-12-2021, 02:51 AM
Baron

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedMenace
True. Poor choice of words. But realistically they're both jobs that a manager with no connection to United might choose to take ahead of the United job. But the ideal manager would fancy the challenge of United.
%@#$&!s. No manager on the planet would take the City or PSG job ahead of Utd if given a straight choice. He really should be making transfer plans now ahead of the summer, Luuk De Jong no.1 target & De Ligt no.2 to bin off Maguire to Newcastle. I pray those dozy Geordie #@&%!s come in hot for our shite… Martial, Lingard & Maguire for £150m would be incredible business given the toilet they’re churning out*.

Caveat* I’m absolutely trousered.

Unread 13-12-2021, 03:49 AM
BarryX

In vino veritas.

Unread 13-12-2021, 09:30 AM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baron
%@#$&!s. No manager on the planet would take the City or PSG job ahead of Utd if given a straight choice. He really should be making transfer plans now ahead of the summer, Luuk De Jong no.1 target & De Ligt no.2 to bin off Maguire to Newcastle. I pray those dozy Geordie #@&%!s come in hot for our shite… Martial, Lingard & Maguire for £150m would be incredible business given the toilet they’re churning out*.

I should hope so, Luuk de Jong is an abomination of a footballer

I assume you meant Frenkie?

No way any of our lads join Newcastle btw, they’ve all got delusions of grandeur, can’t see them jumping at the chance of a fruitless relegation battle or a year or 2 in the championship tbh.

Unread 13-12-2021, 10:34 AM
windy waffles

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk

No way any of our lads join Newcastle btw, they’ve all got delusions of grandeur, can’t see them jumping at the chance of a fruitless relegation battle or a year or 2 in the championship tbh.
Spot on.

Unread 13-12-2021, 10:58 AM
puressence

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorg
https://twitter.com/SkySportsPL/stat...732387843?s=20

'According to reports'

and then dion walked out of the showers

Unread 13-12-2021, 02:14 PM
RedMenace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baron

You'd hope that would be the case. I'm not so sure it would for all of them. But anyone that would need convincing isn't the right person anyway.

Unread 13-12-2021, 02:36 PM
92ToBury

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk

I disagree. Some prefer not earning their money.

Unread 13-12-2021, 02:41 PM
The Stella Fella

Quote:
Originally Posted by 92ToBury
Nah they all believe they are entitled to and better than teams like Newcastle.

Entitlement generation innit

Unread 13-12-2021, 03:35 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by 92ToBury
Hence not fancying a relegation battle or a season in the Champ, far too much like actual graft.
Closed Thread