United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football

Unread 09-12-2021, 06:38 AM
Denis Irwell

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
Don’t think he was particularly good or bad, he just.. was.

Lingard was an absolute disgrace.
Aye. Was disappointed in him tbh but realistically, I think it was difficult for anybody to shine beyond what you’d expect from largely strangers playing together. It’s not easy even on the older players having to allow for the unpredictable, never mind the young uns. And it was a dead rubber tbf.

RR seems to be on top of the fitness issues, so let’s hope the players benefit from that, as well as his methods. Could do with another win at weekend to keep momentum going

Unread 09-12-2021, 07:32 AM
believe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denis Irwell
Aye. Was disappointed in him tbh but realistically, I think it was difficult for anybody to shine beyond what you’d expect from largely strangers playing together. It’s not easy even on the older players having to allow for the unpredictable, never mind the young uns. And it was a dead rubber tbf.

RR seems to be on top of the fitness issues, so let’s hope the players benefit from that, as well as his methods. Could do with another win at weekend to keep momentum going
I don’t buy in to this whatsoever. He’s been crying about not getting games and literally every time he does he fails to deliver. He should have used every minute of last night to prove he’s worthy of a place, dead rubber or not.

Did Mason play the game like it was a dead rubber or was he saying “I’m here to be picked!” Mason really showed the difference between world class potential and those who are here to make up the numbers.

Unread 09-12-2021, 09:27 AM
windy waffles

Quote:
Originally Posted by believe
I don’t buy in to this whatsoever. He’s been crying about not getting games and literally every time he does he fails to deliver. He should have used every minute of last night to prove he’s worthy of a place, dead rubber or not.

Did Mason play the game like it was a dead rubber or was he saying “I’m here to be picked!” Mason really showed the difference between world class potential and those who are here to make up the numbers.
This.

"He needs games...".

Gets games, does nothing. Still looks like a rabbit In the headlights.

Unread 09-12-2021, 09:48 AM
Stickman

Quote:
Originally Posted by windy waffles
This.

"He needs games...".

Give him the next few….

Unread 09-12-2021, 09:56 AM
windy waffles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stickman
Give him the next few….

Unread 09-12-2021, 10:09 AM
Stickman

Quote:
Originally Posted by windy waffles
This.

"He needs games...".

We’ll never know if we never give him a run.

Let him at least show himself up time and time again like the rest have before dismissing him.

Unread 09-12-2021, 10:12 AM
Bion

So after watching Donny Van de Beek last night maybe Ole was right for benching him all along. He certainly didn't impress enough to start out next game.

Maybe Ole was right

Unread 09-12-2021, 10:19 AM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster
These are balls that none of our current midfielders even attempt...

If he played week in week out we're a completely different team...

(Going forward )
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bion
So after watching Donny Van de Beek last night maybe Ole was right for benching him all along. He certainly didn't impress enough to start out next game.

Maybe Ole was right
See above, another one who doesn't understand or has played football at any decent level....

Week in week out with the first team he's threading these balls on the regular....

Stirring deep as a 6 with Mata and matic around you looking at threading elanga in.....not going to happen....

He needs match fitness, he's needs some faith put in his style and skillset...

Ole £#%&!ing ruined the lad, unsure if he can make it back....

There's not a fan in that ground that doesn't want him too though...

Good in the tackle last night and moved it on well in the first half, at fault for the goal though....

Unread 09-12-2021, 10:20 AM
Whip Hubley

Quote:
Not a 6

Stretty adores him....

bunch of #@&%!heads singing his name even though he's done £#%&! all

he was terrible last night, aside from giving away the goal.

Unread 09-12-2021, 10:23 AM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whip Hubley
bunch of #@&%!heads singing his name even though he's done £#%&! all

His name was sang when he did something good....

The last ditch tackle when he sprinted back....

The hard tackle through the back of their player, the flicks in the box, the attempted through balls or spreading play....

Was like an Ajax home game round us last night

Unread 09-12-2021, 10:25 AM
Whip Hubley

Quote:

His name was sang when he did something good....

The last ditch tackle when he sprinted back....

The hard tackle through the back of their player, the flicks in the box, the attempted through balls or spreading play....

Was like an Ajax home game round us last night

He got a hero's reception for doing very little. Great assist though.

Am sure he'll come good though when the side is built around him, these dead rubber games are clearly beneath him. He's got nothing to prove.

Unread 09-12-2021, 10:28 AM
Dr Stranger

“Terrible”

“Awful”

No he wasn’t, ffs. He didn’t tear up any trees and he was at fault for the goal, but he wasn’t that bad. One extreme or another on here all the time.

Unread 09-12-2021, 10:29 AM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whip Hubley
He got a hero's reception for doing very little. Great assist though.
There's a tinge of hope / sympathy to the DVB chant, it's hardly a hero's welcome....

Maybe football lads, just know.....

Or don't base their entire opinion on 3/4 full games for United in 3 years....

Unread 09-12-2021, 10:31 AM
dunk

Quote:
There's a tinge of hope / sympathy to the DVB chant, it's hardly a hero's welcome....

Maybe football lads, just know.....

Or don't base their entire opinion on 3/4 full games for United in 3 years....
He’s only been here 16 months.

Starting to think he’s too one paced. He can be tidy on the ball, and clearly wants to be breaking into the box more than anything, but everything he does is very slow and steady more than anything.

Unread 09-12-2021, 10:32 AM
Bunker Buster

Thumbs down

Quote:
He’s only been here 16 months.
Thanks.....

More to come then hopefully.

Unread 09-12-2021, 10:38 AM
Denis Irwell

Quote:
Originally Posted by believe

Donny, but largely generalising mate.

Very disjointed selecion- generally disjointed performance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stickman
We’ll never know if we never give him a run.

Let him at least show himself up time and time again like the rest have before dismissing him.
Fair point, tbh

Unread 09-12-2021, 10:40 AM
Seamus

bang average performance.

Unread 09-12-2021, 10:41 AM
dunk

We’ll soon know one way or the other, either Ralf sees something he likes and he plays regularly, or he’ll continue warming the bench.

I have a sneaking suspicion the best he can hope for is a few more minutes from the bench tbh.

Unread 09-12-2021, 10:45 AM
believe

Quote:
We’ll soon know one way or the other, either Ralf sees something he likes and he plays regularly, or he’ll continue warming the bench.

I have a sneaking suspicion the best he can hope for is a few more minutes from the bench tbh.
Think there are five games between now and end of month that he’ll be involved with at some point. If he doesn’t show any kind of improvement Ragnick will have him out of the door in January.

Unread 09-12-2021, 11:09 AM
Whip Hubley

I've just seen waffles doesn't rate him.

I take everything back, the lad is clearly destined for greatness.

Quote:

I actually think he's a better option than scotteh next to Fred, potentially. Providing he doesn't give the ball away on the edge of the area.