United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Everything else > TV / Film / Books / Arts

Unread 01-01-2022, 09:12 PM
Chorlton74

Lightbulb Movies I saw this weekend - 2022 Edition

[IMG][/IMG]

The DC and MCU machine rolls on.

The Batman is the stand out pick for me. Anything else half decent on the cards this year?

Happy viewing

Unread 01-01-2022, 09:26 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chorlton74 View Post
[IMG][/IMG]

The Batman is the stand out pick for me. Anything else half decent on the cards this year?

Happy viewing
Dr Strange looks good. Thor might be all right. it's got the same guy doing it that did the last one.

Unread 01-01-2022, 09:30 PM
Vedder

Quote:
[IMG][/IMG]

Happy viewing
Are there any other films these days other than superhero shit?

Unread 01-01-2022, 09:32 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vedder View Post
Literally hundreds.

Unread 01-01-2022, 09:32 PM
Fat Al

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vedder View Post
4 of the 10 aren't Superhero films.

Granted though, a bit more variety would be nice.

Unread 01-01-2022, 09:37 PM
AK14

Looking forward to the top 6 but not so much the others. I never got into the Avatar hype tbh.

Looking forward to Lightyear and Sonic too…

Unread 02-01-2022, 08:50 AM
flixton

Is Black Panther 2 seriously the most anticipated movie of 2022? How is that measured? I notice it is described as "news" not "some bloke off the internet trying to score brownie points"

Unread 02-01-2022, 09:17 AM
NedKelly

Quote:
Originally Posted by flixton View Post
Is Black Panther 2 seriously the most anticipated movie of 2022? How is that measured? I notice it is described as "news" not "some bloke off the internet trying to score brownie points"
Outside of the internet the only film I’ve heard anyone mention on that list is the Batman.

Edit - tell a lie, my mum goes mad for the Jurassic park films.

Unread 02-01-2022, 09:25 AM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
[IMG][/IMG]

Happy viewing
Are these official anticipation stats?

Unread 02-01-2022, 03:54 PM
BarryX

Finally got round to watching Dune Part One last night. Late to the party but thought it was immense. One of the best films in the science fiction genre imho (thought the pacing was superb, but can understand how modern audiences might well have wanted something that moved forward a little quicker).

Have never read the books, which I'm going to have to do now, but the film told me enough to know that George Lucas must have totally ripped off Herbert's original novel when coming up with Star Wars. Obviously Herbert himself agreed. Why he didn't sue is beyond me...