United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Manchester United Match Thread Archive

Unread 03-10-2021, 02:58 PM
dunk

The Scottish Player's air shot after that lovely passage of play just after Sancho and Ronnie came on springs to mind

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Stranger
The angle wasn’t against him. He was slightly right of townsends position when he scored. He should have shot and should have scored himself. He passed because he’s a fanny. It’s part of why Everton fans are frustrated too….because they hate him and it was so typical of him

Yeah, we could have won it too. Their chance was clearer and we didn’t really create any more than they did. It was a fairly even game, they were well worth their point and had a big chance to win it they they royally £#%&!ed it. I can completely see why they are ruing that one.

I think the bigger concern is that this is even a conversation. You look at those line ups and they shouldn’t be anywhere near us. We should be coasting it and not even discussing the margins.

That’s what we are now. A team that needs moments to go for us. Even Ole says it a lot.

If we’d have taken this chance
Fine margins
That’s football
That's why the angle was against him. Dave narrowed it quite well, which he didn't for Townsend's, which was much more central, tbf.

Unread 03-10-2021, 03:04 PM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
The Scottish Player's air shot after that lovely passage of play just after Sancho and Ronnie came on springs to mind

That's why the angle was against him. Dave narrowed it quite well, which he didn't for Townsend's, which was much more central, tbf.
It was tighter than townsend’s, but I think ‘against him’ is extremely generous. Everyone expected him to shoot and every passing option was clearly offside.

His passing it up says more than him than the difficulty of the chance. A striker or halfway confident player shoots from there.

Unread 03-10-2021, 03:13 PM
dunk

I was saying it was against him because he’s shit

Unread 03-10-2021, 04:17 PM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
I was saying it was against him because he’s shit
Ah right. Fair enough

Unread 03-10-2021, 08:02 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster
Everton could have scored 4/5 FFS.....

Dunks got his red specs on again...
If they "could" have scored that many, then so "could" we. The reality was bad enough tbh.