United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 11-04-2019, 10:48 AM
messhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by barca99
Best player in the world did nothing pal.

David Bentley scored a hatrick against a United defence that won the champions league.

Ergo Bentley > Messi
As I said, his passing towards the end of the game was sublime as he cut us open several times and we were lucky to not concede more. Just a real shame we had to resort to bully boy tactics to stop him but I guess telling Smalling to rely on his natural footballing ability would have ended up in disaster. It says everything about how great he and Barcelona are that we are celebrating a 1-0 loss at home.

I can't wait to see Smalling etc embarrassed by Messi's brilliance at the Nou Camp. I fancy him to be up for it after getting clattered non stop last night, and I'm really hoping for a masterclass. About time Pogba got shown what a real top quality player is capable of.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jethro
Yep, that's exactly what happened
Yes, I know. That's why I wrote it.

Unread 11-04-2019, 10:51 AM
Jethro

Just let Messi breeze past lads. Messers doesn't want him touched.

All Smalling did last night was defend, and did a pretty good job too.

Unread 11-04-2019, 10:54 AM
messhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jethro
Just let Messi breeze past lads. Messers doesn't want him touched.

All Smalling did last night was defend, and did a pretty good job too.
It was clearly dangerous play from Smalling. If another teams player had cleared out Mata or someone equally as physically imposing we'd have been calling for a card. Not only that but I'm quite sure the follow through with his hand was intentional; Messi is a tough and brave lad to so see blood streaming from his nose was a genuine worry for us true football fans.

And it's not about letting him breeze past, if he is up for it in the next game we won't have a say in the matter. Just you ask Boateng.

I might change my name to Messihead.

Unread 11-04-2019, 10:56 AM
Whip Hubley

Quote:
Originally Posted by messhead
It was clearly dangerous play from Smalling. If another teams player had cleared out Mata or someone equally as physically imposing we'd have been calling for a card. Not only that but I'm quite sure the follow through with his hand was intentional; Messi is a tough and brave lad to so see blood streaming from his nose was a genuine worry for us true football fans.

And it's not about letting him breeze past, if he is up for it in the next game we won't have a say in the matter. Just you ask Boateng.

good wum until that point

Unread 11-04-2019, 10:59 AM
Sparky***

Quote:
As I said, his passing towards the end of the game was sublime as he cut us open several times and we were lucky to not concede more. Just a real shame we had to resort to bully boy tactics to stop him but I guess telling Smalling to rely on his natural footballing ability would have ended up in disaster. It says everything about how great he and Barcelona are that we are celebrating a 1-0 loss at home.

I can't wait to see Smalling etc embarrassed by Messi's brilliance at the Nou Camp. I fancy him to be up for it after getting clattered non stop last night, and I'm really hoping for a masterclass. About time Pogba got shown what a real top quality player is capable of.

Yes, I know. That's why I wrote it.
Quote:

Jesus christ.

Unread 11-04-2019, 11:01 AM
messhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
Jesus christ.
My thick @#%&! filter is working well and good, I see.

Unread 11-04-2019, 11:15 AM
Denis Irwell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whip Hubley
what else can he do with this set of players though? He's got to try and instill belief because there's so many sub-standard players

Young in particular is abysmal but we literally have no one in the squad good enough to replace him as a defensive right back. Darmian must be absolute turd in training. Lukaku reverted to type, Rashford is having a shitty patch, Martial gonna Martial

Yep. Could’ve been worse but depressing how impotent we are. Recent results a bit worrying. I’m normally more Gaylord than doom lord where the team/club are concerned but recent results and any chance of Ole being supported by the club looking grim. Even thinking Moyes, lvg and Mou were £#%&!ed over one after the other by these @#%&!s and their podgy puppet.

Massive, massive overhaul required. Again.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whip Hubley
what else can he do with this set of players though? He's got to try and instill belief because there's so many sub-standard players

Young in particular is abysmal but we literally have no one in the squad good enough to replace him as a defensive right back. Darmian must be absolute turd in training. Lukaku reverted to type, Rashford is having a shitty patch, Martial gonna Martial

Massive, massive overhaul required. Again.

Yep. Could’ve been worse but depressing how impotent we are. Recent results a bit worrying. I’m normally more Gaylord than doom lord where the team/club are concerned but recent results and any chance of Ole being supported by the club looking grim. Even thinking Moyes, lvg and Mou were £#%&!ed over one after the other by these @#%&!s and their podgy puppet.

Edit: cba editing

Unread 11-04-2019, 11:37 AM
Lazlo Panaflex

Quote:

They'll play Liverpool in the next round and on that evidence you'd fancy Liverpool to run them over at Anfield through sheer aggression - and unlike United - liverpool actually have the quality up front to punish them.

4 defeats in 5 games.. one goal at home in the champions league all season, and it seems after the longest dead cat bounce in memory we're seeing this lot level out now and their base level performance is £#%&!ing abysmal.

I'm hoping to £#%&! Solkjaer turns it around but i'm basing that purely on hope rather than any sort of expectation. All the harking back to yesteryear is wearing pretty thin now it's one thing using the past as a reminder of the standard we set ourselves but it's almost like he's doing it to try and convince the players they're better than they are.

Our standard as a club has plummeted so horribly it's almost hard to believe. We are an utter joke.
all of this

Unread 11-04-2019, 11:40 AM
windy waffles

Quote:
I was genuinely surprised by how Barcelona just let us into the game like that. Defensively they don't look very good and I think if they were playing any of the other quarter final opponents they'd have conceded at least a couple of goals last night.

They'll play Liverpool in the next round and on that evidence you'd fancy Liverpool to run them over at Anfield through sheer aggression - and unlike United - liverpool actually have the quality up front to punish them.

4 defeats in 5 games.. one goal at home in the champions league all season, and it seems after the longest dead cat bounce in memory we're seeing this lot level out now and their base level performance is £#%&!ing abysmal.

I'm hoping to £#%&! Solkjaer turns it around but i'm basing that purely on hope rather than any sort of expectation. All the harking back to yesteryear is wearing pretty thin now it's one thing using the past as a reminder of the standard we set ourselves but it's almost like he's doing it to try and convince the players they're better than they are.

Our standard as a club has plummeted so horribly it's almost hard to believe. We are an utter joke.
I had to check that as I thought you made a glaring mistake but, no, that's actually true.

Unread 11-04-2019, 12:28 PM
Denis Irwell

Quote:
Originally Posted by windy waffles
I had to check that as I thought you made a glaring mistake but, no, that's actually true.

Pretty alarming tbh. Not doing much better in PL lately.

Desperately need this summer break/pre-season, new signings, sort Ed out etc etc. Start again. Again.

Unread 11-04-2019, 12:55 PM
£#%&! KFC

Quote:
Originally Posted by believe
Did we £#%&! have the best side in Europe We won the treble with a massive amount of luck couple with 3 or 4 magnificent displays throughout the season that completely defied the odds because the spirit of the team was so high. All he's saying is that anything is possible and if we show similar spirit, which we've proved we're capable of already this season, then there's a chance we can progress. What a really really odd thing to have a go at him for.
So we were lucky to win The Treble now with an average squad ....off you £#%&!

Unread 11-04-2019, 01:07 PM
believe

Quote:
Originally Posted by £#%&! KFC
So we were lucky to win The Treble now with an average squad ....off you £#%&!
not what I said at all.

Unread 11-04-2019, 01:35 PM
dunk

Honestly been playing with 10 while the opposition has 12 whenever this @#%&! starts. Why the £#%&! couldn't he pick up an injury. Would much, much rather Darmian played..

Unread 11-04-2019, 02:27 PM
shenwen

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
https://twitter.com/utdarena/status/...678835713?s=20

Honestly been playing with 10 while the opposition has 12 whenever this @#%&! starts. Why the £#%&! couldn't he pick up an injury. Would much, much rather Darmian played..
Think he had similar stats in another recent game. It;s his level now,

Unread 11-04-2019, 02:27 PM
Alex Jones was Right

Quote:
Originally Posted by Furry Russian hats
Decent performance last night but in truth we never looked like scoring apart from the Dalot header.

On big nights like this you need your big players to turn up and Pogba just didn’t, again, when does he ever? I don’t think he has the desire or will to win to be a top player, and by that l mean play consistently well which is what you need. Couldn’t be less arsed if he £#%&!ed off to Madrid.
He’s got everything he wants. Money, the World Cup. He isn’t internally driven to be the best like ronaldo or any of the greats. He strolls through games looking for the YouTube moment. £#%&! him off. There’s loads of players who could improve us in his place, rapegardless of his so called talent.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hands of Scone
https://twitter.com/YousraElbagir/st...825515521?s=20

Still got it

They turned over to watch Coronation Street when city were on
After they saw us play it turned into an anti-glazer demonstration.

Unread 11-04-2019, 03:58 PM
Buck

Quote:
Originally Posted by shenwen
Think he had similar stats in another recent game. It;s his level now,
There's no Fellaini for him to lob it up to now.

Unread 11-04-2019, 07:22 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jammy Dodger
He’s got everything he wants. Money, the World Cup. He isn’t internally driven to be the best like ronaldo or any of the greats. He strolls through games looking for the YouTube moment. £#%&! him off
That's what he essentially is, a quintessential player for the social media generation.

Unread 11-04-2019, 09:49 PM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by believe
Did we £#%&! have the best side in Europe We won the treble with a massive amount of luck couple with 3 or 4 magnificent displays throughout the season that completely defied the odds because the spirit of the team was so high.
actually, we had the best side in europe for about five years and should have won more, but we were slightly lucky in the cl final, given that we were missing our midfield (that said, it was never a free kick for their goal). you can't win anything if you're unlucky.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hands of Scone
They came for an away goal, got it easily, and sat on it happy in the knowledge we carry very little goal threat.
then they are very, very stupid. they looked bad largely because we were on the front foot a lot.. and we easily have the quality to bang in a couple of goals. no team can afford to just take a one goal lead against us and cruise the rest of the game. even with hindsight.

Quote:
If another teams player had cleared out Mata or someone equally as physically imposing we'd have been calling for a card.
yup. probably a bunch of flowers, too.
Closed Thread