Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
View Poll Results: Bale or Wolshere
Bale 30 38.46%
Wilshere 48 61.54%
Voters: 78. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Unread 03-12-2012, 01:25 PM
Baron

We 'need' a Wilshere type of player more given the state of the midfield but he's lost 18 months of football already & you simply have no idea if he'll break down & lose similar chunks of time again. Bale's getting better & better, now at 23 he'll be at his peak for the next 5 years with that pace & power, already well on his way to double figures for the third year on the spin & you only need to watch the way he destroyed the Scouse right side the other week, skinning 4 or 5 players in a run & delivering a great cross for Lennon to score is simply something you don't see players do very often at all. He's also far more skilful than most give him credit for.

Personally I'd love both, flexible for multiple positions so we wouldn't be restricted to 4-4-2 but good enough to make that formation exciting again.

If we're getting Bob Lewandowski you'd have to think one of the forwards is off, at this rate it's clearly not van Persie, Cheech is the only one who'd turn a profit as Rooney wouldn't go for £50m unless Roman is having a £#%&!ing brain fart again... I can't see how we'd generate the £60m or so required to get them both. I'd be tempted to flog Rooney if the right offer came in though, he's going downhill.

Unread 03-12-2012, 01:28 PM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baron_van_Marlon
We 'need' a Wilshere type of player more given the state of the midfield but he's lost 18 months of football already & you simply have no idea if he'll break down & lose similar chunks of time again. Bale's getting better & better, now at 23 he'll be at his peak for the next 5 years with that pace & power, already well on his way to double figures for the third year on the spin & you only need to watch the way he destroyed the Scouse right side the other week, skinning 4 or 5 players in a run & delivering a great cross for Lennon to score is simply something you don't see players do very often at all. He's also far more skilful than most give him credit for.

Personally I'd love both, flexible for multiple positions so we wouldn't be restricted to 4-4-2 but good enough to make that formation exciting again.

If we're getting Bob Lewandowski you'd have to think one of the forwards is off, at this rate it's clearly not van Persie, Cheech is the only one who'd turn a profit as Rooney wouldn't go for £50m unless Roman is having a £#%&!ing brain fart again... I can't see how we'd generate the £60m or so required to get them both. I'd be tempted to flog Rooney if the right offer came in though, he's going downhill.
bale has a great injury record, though, right?

I'd be tempted to tell anyone who came in for rooney to £#%&! off.

Unread 03-12-2012, 01:32 PM
Baron

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
bale has a great injury record, though, right?

I'd be tempted to tell anyone who came in for rooney to £#%&! off.
It's got better every year he's played, I remember when Giggsy was young - hamstring every few months. Some players are always liable to get certain injuries but Bale's played all but 2 league games last year & all but 4 the season before. Wilshere has once played 35 league games, next best is 14, 4 years ago. Not remotely comparable.

Unread 03-12-2012, 01:49 PM
borsuk

neither

bale will be swinging off to real or psg, i reckon. wilshere won't be going anywhere, arsenal will be spending in the summer.

did somebody say wilshere was bossing the game against us?

arsenal didn't boss a single minute against us, they were atrocious.

both would cost ridiculous sums as well.

plenty of good young players around atm who'd improve us - jovetic, bender, holtby, draxler, isla and a couple of hundred others...

Unread 03-12-2012, 02:07 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by borsuk
neither

bale will be swinging off to real or psg, i reckon. wilshere won't be going anywhere, arsenal will be spending in the summer.

plenty of good young players around atm who'd improve us - jovetic, bender, holtby, draxler, isla and a couple of hundred others...
i agree.

Unread 03-12-2012, 02:13 PM
borsuk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
i agree.

nice sig sparkles

i see the evans one finally got too ludicrous even for you. this one will go the same way

Unread 03-12-2012, 02:34 PM
dunk

Quote:
neither

This. It £#%&!ing infuriates me that we can't find any decent £#%&!ing midfielders to improve on what we have amongst the hundreds of thousands of footballers currently plying their trade the World over Sack the £#%&!ing scouts.

Unread 03-12-2012, 06:42 PM
jem

bale to psg along with mourinho and ronaldo. wilshere to city.

Unread 03-12-2012, 09:15 PM
borsuk

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
This. It £#%&!ing infuriates me that we can't find any decent £#%&!ing midfielders to improve on what we have amongst the hundreds of thousands of footballers currently plying their trade the World over Sack the £#%&!ing scouts.
most people on here would £#%&! themselves into oblivion if we had

wilshere, arteta, carzorla, ramsay, diaby and rosicky

instead of

carrick, fletcher, cleverley, anderson, powell, scholes 2012, giggs 2012

and yet they are where they are and we're top of the pile by 3 points, and we dominated them in every way when we met the other month.

i think we need a midfielder in but the comments about our midfield are laughably ott.

Unread 03-12-2012, 09:53 PM
tetrisblock

Quote:
most people on here would £#%&! themselves into oblivion if we had

wilshere, arteta, carzorla, ramsay, diaby and rosicky

instead of

carrick, fletcher, cleverley, anderson, powell, scholes 2012, giggs 2012

and yet they are where they are and we're top of the pile by 3 points, and we dominated them in every way when we met the other month.

i think we need a midfielder in but the comments about our midfield are laughably ott.
The first three would improve our midfield, without doubt but the other three...

Diaby is identical to Anderson in style and injuries
Rosicky is Fletcher, both used to be decent, but shouldn't be near either team.
The less said about Ramsey the better, he's their equivalent to Bebe!

Unread 03-12-2012, 10:00 PM
dunk

I really don't rate Arteta tbh. I'd take Cazorla, If Wilshire is still fit and playing regularly in 6 months then he'd be worth a pop too. If Diaby could stay fit I'd definitely take him. Ramsey would've been a tremendous player if he'd come to OT instead of Arsenal.

Unread 03-12-2012, 10:10 PM
Neo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Part 36 Offer
would love fellaineh tbh
This x 100,000,000.

Surprised not many others can see that the Afro-wearing Belgian is the answer to so many of our problems.

If we sign Fellaini in January then we will have the best squad in England by a distance. Honestly reckon he's made for United.

Unread 03-12-2012, 10:11 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo
This x 100,000,000.

Surprised not many others can see that the Afro-wearing Belgian is the answer to so many of our problems.

If we sign Fellaini in January then we will have the best squad in England by a distance. Honestly reckon he's made for United.
I've been saying it since he played for Liege tbh

Unread 03-12-2012, 10:11 PM
£#%&! KFC

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo
This x 100,000,000.

didn't see it with big hair until this season would defo love to sign him....they could have a few of our players in exchange

Unread 04-12-2012, 05:31 AM
Part 36 Offer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
I've been saying it since he played for Liege tbh
you have tbf.

Unread 04-12-2012, 06:01 AM
Aman27deep

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragflick
£50mil and Nanners in the summer, yhihf
THIS. THIS. THIS.

Time to call froggie.

Unread 04-12-2012, 07:54 AM
waynes ear's

both are not what MUFC need

plus Jack Wilshere is a bit of a @#%&! by all accounts, its not Bales fault he's Welsh

Unread 07-02-2013, 10:16 AM
Harri Jaffa

Wilshere

http://www.utdforum.com/forum/showth...light=wilshere

- Monkeys and typewriters and all that

Unread 07-02-2013, 02:55 PM
Alan

Wilshere. Midfield sorted for the next 10 years. No more carrick shitting his pants and backing off to the edge of the United box at the slightest hint of the opposition pressing him. What a revelation that would be.

Unread 07-02-2013, 03:03 PM
Harri Jaffa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan
Wilshere. Midfield sorted for the next 10 years. No more carrick shitting his pants and backing off to the edge of the United box at the slightest hint of the opposition pressing him. What a revelation that would be.
We should definitly try and sign him.

He'd flourish at United
Closed Thread