United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 01-07-2012, 03:38 PM
borsuk

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ Ramone
There have been no concrete links to a midfield player which is £#%&!ing outrageous.
omg omg omg no concrete links omg

can't believe we're not getting any decent rumours

Unread 01-07-2012, 03:42 PM
MJ Ramone

Quote:
Originally Posted by borsuk

You know what I mean ffs
There have been concrete links to Kagawa & Baines - there hasn't been a 'story that won't go away' with a central midfield player.
It isn't happening.

Still, it's only 1st July Surely Fergie wouldn't be suicidal enough to go into yet another season with his central midfield in tatters.

Unread 01-07-2012, 03:45 PM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
Originally Posted by tetrisblock
I can see your viewpoint but don't completely agree that he makes alot of errors, I feel alot of his mistakes are down to inexperience, but unlike the twins he has shown a capacity to learn from them!

Again though, is this down to a lack of foresight on the training ground?

Take what Neville has said about our approach to the semi-final against Barcelona all those years ago. We had a coherent plan, better players also, but we could all see what we were trying to do.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/foo...Barcelona.html

Compare that to our crucial game at city, not a shot on goal, Giggs, Scholes in midfield, along with Park who having only started one game in the previous 3 months was expected to shackle the Leagues most dynamic midfielder in Yaya Toure, while also supposed to be supporting the attack. A farce of a decision!

Last season we relied on Valencia beating his man, crossing it in for Rooney.
Hernandez being started up front on his own in some games, when he patently is not suited for this role.
De Gea being messed around early in the season, yes he made mistakes but he's twenty and had Lindegarden not got injured we may not have seen De Gea for a season or two!
There are some curious decisions being made, nqat. I'm not that arsed about Park being included against City. I think the real issue was that he just had one of his worst games for United on a night when it was reasonable to expect he would do well, based on his history. In terms of the selection overall, then leaving Valencia out was the strangest one of all. Maybe Ferguson thought he was tired? Maybe he had a knock? Seemed an odd one anyway.

People focus on United not having a shot on target in that match, but they ignore that United had the ball for some decent spells in City's half as well. It wasn't as if City were any better than United at all. The stat of the game is that they had 8 corners each and City scored from one of theirs. Yes, Yaya came into his own as the game wore on and the spaces opened up but still, it was a nothing game really.

Agree with you totally on De Gea. The cautiousness Fergie shows betrays that fear of what happens if United don't win trophies and win matches. And yet at the same time as seeming to punish individuals for mistakes or for not following instructions by dropping them he also rotates as well. This just compounds the difficulty for those coming in, when instead of seamless rotation of 2 or 3 players you often end up with half the team taking an hour to remember what they're supposed to be doing.

There is a distinct feeling beginning to grow that time is coming to an end for the great man. United need fresh ideas more than they need new players in my opinion. Not sure what Mulensteen or Phelan are really bringing to the party that is enhancing the input from Ferguson's wisdom and experience. A top class coach or two could extend the manager's time, but a clean break looks far more likely. I expect it will come next summer.

Unread 01-07-2012, 03:45 PM
Agent Dale Cooper

Quote:

Still, it's only 1st July Surely Fergie wouldn't be suicidal enough to go into yet another season with his central midfield in tatters.
Tatters? Cleverley, Anderson and Fletcher will be like new signings.

Unread 01-07-2012, 04:36 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agent Dale Cooper
Tatters? Cleverley, Anderson and Fletcher will be like new signings.
Shut up. Just shut up

Unread 01-07-2012, 05:18 PM
borsuk

i think de gea was handled superbly. he struggled like £#%&! early on, was taken out and given the coaching he needed and improved no end to the point where he was as good as any keeper in the league by the end of the season. arguing (and i've seen the argument made) that it was due to a 'lucky' injury to linders that got ddg a run of games is just nonsense imo, de gea had runs of games when he was making plenty of errors, there was a clear development in his game. eric steele looks to have done a great job with him.

Unread 01-07-2012, 10:37 PM
wonky no

Quote:
I'm sure we have...but I'd be surprised if there wasn't a knock-on effect from last season tbh , One way or another it'll be a big factor next season.

We had an 8pt lead with 6 games left. It was an unparalleled £#%&!-up..the biggest collapse in top flight history.
I don't think it'll effect the players too badly. They've probably forgotten about it already ..but worryingly Fergie might be more cautious than ever..& that's a terrifying thought.
Our team sheet at Anfield last season was a cowardly disgrace. I'm expecting more of the same.
shinners is hardly a defensive signing. going off that the signs are promising!

Unread 01-07-2012, 10:45 PM
PaulParkers

Quote:
Originally Posted by borsuk

Unread 02-07-2012, 08:52 AM
charliesharkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by wonky no
i'm sure we have an idea how to win the league
We're having a look

Unread 02-07-2012, 01:09 PM
saffers

Looks like we won't have more than Scholesy and Carrick as CM's for the china and south africa tour with Clevz and Giggs going to the olympics.

Anderson dead on his feet somewhere in a brazilian favela.

Yet people still think we wont buy a midfielder cos we've got 'too many bodies'.

Unread 03-07-2012, 04:11 PM
saffers

Quote:
CONFIRMED: Manchester United will return to Hanover, to play the final match of the 2012 pre-season tour, 11th August at the AWD Arena.
Closed Thread