United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football

Unread 23-08-2021, 07:16 AM
sweetleftfoot

There must be something in training or around Carrington that he is or isnt doing that is restricting his game time.

Came with a massive reputation for big money, if he was bang at it in training then no manager on the planet would leave him out.

Unread 23-08-2021, 07:26 AM
Whip Hubley

Quote:
Originally Posted by westcoastvan
I feel sorry for Van De Beek, he's basically lost a year of his career at United.

Getting passed over today for Jesse Lingard was brutal. If I were him I'd hand in my transfer request and head of to Real Madrid.

Unread 23-08-2021, 07:35 AM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whip Hubley

Had an agreement in principal with RM before he joined us....

Quote:
. Telegraaf.

“As you know I was around with Real Madrid and the clubs also had an agreement, but for some reason it did not go through.

“Players who were going to leave, stayed and Madrid dropped out. Of course, you are annoyed at the beginning and you wonder if such a possibility will arise again.

“Manchester United is a dream, of course a great club, in the strongest league in the world. I didn’t have to think for a second when I got this chance.”
Also they were sniffing again this summer for a loan to permanent deal....

Unread 23-08-2021, 07:37 AM
Stickman

Plays way less than Pereira ever did. Whether you think he's shit or you don't, something really doesn't add up here. The fact he didn't get on last week when the game was finished before the hour mark, or in the Europa final when we made about 7 subs begs belief.

Talk is cheap, there is no intention to integrate this player whatsoever.

4 league starts. WILD.

Unread 23-08-2021, 07:45 AM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stickman
Plays way less than Pereira ever did. Whether you think he's shit or you don't, something really doesn't add up here. The fact he didn't get on last week when the game was finished before the hour mark, or in the Europa final when we made about 7 subs begs belief.

4 league starts. WILD.
Spot on and ole keeps parroting this shite;

Then never plays him...

Criminal management.....

Unread 23-08-2021, 07:59 AM
Whip Hubley

I want someone to unconditionally love me the way Bunks does VDB.

Quote:

4 league starts. WILD.

I don't see it as all that complicated - I'm sure bunks will correct me but he's a no. 10 no? A midfielder that loves to drive forward and chip in with the odd goal?

Last time I checked, he's being kept out of the side by the best no. 10 in the world. I don't think he's versatile enough to play wide left or right like Pogba does, and obviously his skillset doesn't fit either of the CDM roles.

So where exactly do you want him to play within the current setup?

Unread 23-08-2021, 08:10 AM
Stickman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whip Hubley
I want someone to unconditionally love me the way Bunks does VDB.

I don't see it as all that complicated - I'm sure bunks will correct me but he's a no. 10 no? A midfielder that loves to drive forward and chip in with the odd goal?

Last time I checked, he's being kept out of the side by the best no. 10 in the world. I don't think he's versatile enough to play wide left or right like Pogba does, and obviously his skillset doesn't fit either of the CDM roles.

So where exactly do you want him to play within the current setup?
Why in gods name were we in the market for backup for our best player when:

- We had more pressing needs in the form of improving the starting XI
- Our owners don't typically sign more than a couple of players each summer (not including 5-10M punts on youngsters)

Backup for Bruno was literally the last thing we needed, so why punt 40M on it?

I'm not suggesting in any way shape or form he should be a shoe in, what I can't get my head around is he's not even the 15th or 16th man really, he's pretty much last pick in the senior squad in terms of opportunities. He can't even get a meaningful run out half the time.

I can't understand how anybody wouldn't find this strange. If you were told when he signed he'd start 4 league games the coming season you'd have royally dismissed it. He even scored on his debut (from the bench) and still couldn't get near while we stunk out the opening month.

For what its worth, id give him a run of half a dozen games in centre mid. Especially now we have a competent CB pairing. We've seen £#%&! all of him his time here.

We've apparently bought a 40M squad player who isn't even that, combine that with the Telles fee and you just have to laugh.

Unread 23-08-2021, 08:12 AM
Whip Hubley

Quote:

- Our owners don't typically sign more than a couple of players each summer (not including 5-10M punts on youngsters)

I'm not suggesting in any way shape or form he should be a shoe in, what I can't get my head around is he's not even the 15th or 16th man really, he's pretty much last pick in the senior squad in terms of opportunities. He can't even get a meaningful run out half the time.

I can't understand how anybody wouldn't find this strange. If you were told when he signed he'd start 4 league games the coming season you'd have royally dismissed it. He even scored on his debut (from the bench) and still couldn't get near while we stunk out the opening month.
Oh I completely agree with all that, no idea why he was signed. A woody masterstroke? Utterly bizarre that Ole would sign him then not use him, total waste of resources as you say.

Unread 23-08-2021, 08:23 AM
Furry Russian hats

All the while his resale value is dropping as well, very strange.

Unread 23-08-2021, 08:49 AM
shenwen

He needs leave. The manager doesn't get him or want him. He should be starting 11 or nothing at his age/talent. if not with us, elsewhere.

I don't care if Beek is a number 10, a number 5 or whatever, he should be starting before Fred, McT, Mata, Matic and Lingard.

Unread 23-08-2021, 08:56 AM
windy waffles

Quote:

For what its worth, id give him a run of half a dozen games in centre mid. Especially now we have a competent CB pairing. We've seen £#%&! all of him his time here.

We've apparently bought a 40M squad player who isn't even that, combine that with the Telles fee and you just have to laugh.
Said it at the time, was an utterly bizarre signing and made zero sense.

Unread 23-08-2021, 08:59 AM
puressence

wait till louis gets hold of him nextweek at holland international break , and stories start to filter through

Unread 23-08-2021, 11:12 AM
Dr Stranger

https://www.manchestereveningnews.co...k-21374916.amp

Ole again insisting he’ll get his chance, but he also said that Matic was ‘excellent’ so I wouldn’t take it too seriously.

Unread 23-08-2021, 11:57 AM
Buck

I think he was signed on the basis that Pogba would kick up a fuss and be sold. That didn't transpire and we ended up in a situation where we have three midfield players who on paper any one of them you could have the team built around giving them freedom for them to roam around and take risks.

Bruno has demonstrated he doesn't need the team to be built around him to thrive because he has the presence and personality to take responsibility. Pogba has improved in that regard. We all knew he had the attributes to do that which is why it was frustrating that he'd not live up to it. But he has got better with Bruno with him in the team. That leaves Van De Beek who is very technically good in his own right but he is the weakest of the trio. And physically he is substantially the worst of the three. Ole likes to play an extra midfielder for protection which means only two of Bruno/Pogba/Van De Beek can play. Either Ole changes his approach slightly and plays the three of them together sacrificing the defensive midfielder or Van De Beek will not make it here.

Unread 23-08-2021, 12:10 PM
shenwen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Stranger
https://www.manchestereveningnews.co...k-21374916.amp

Ole again insisting he’ll get his chance, but he also said that Matic was ‘excellent’ so I wouldn’t take it too seriously.
I know it's just for the media, but Ole worrying me again. Matic was awful. Fair enough, don't need to say that, but saying he was excellent? Yes, and Martial worked his socks off.

Unread 23-08-2021, 12:11 PM
ScarFace

If Jose treated Donny like this, the Ole boys would be claiming its toxic bullying.

£#%&!ing Lingard, fresh from covid & on his way out the club, getting on in the last 10 mins lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster
Spot on and ole keeps parroting this shite;

https://twitter.com/MUFCScoop/status...263177222?s=19

Then never plays him...

Criminal management.....
Ole is full of shit. The @#%&! was claiming Sanchez would be playing well for us, right before we £#%&!ed him off and then again said he's welcome back.

Whatever he says, just take it as filler bullshit. He'd claim Djemba Djemba had a future, if he was in the squad.

Unread 23-08-2021, 12:38 PM
puressence

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScarFace
If Jose treated Donny like this, the Ole boys would be claiming its toxic bullying.

£#%&!ing Lingard, fresh from covid & on his way out the club, getting on in the last 10 mins lol

Ole is full of shit. The @#%&! was claiming Sanchez would be playing well for us, right before we £#%&!ed him off and then again said he's welcome back.

Whatever he says, just take it as filler bullshit. He'd claim Djemba Djemba had a future, if he was in the squad.
ferguson said phil jones was the next duncan edwards and he bought djemba .. managers dont go out in public hammering players ole isnt £#%&!ing unique ..

Unread 23-08-2021, 12:39 PM
believe

Quote:
Originally Posted by puressence
ferguson said phil jones was the next duncan edwards and he bought djemba .. managers dont go out in public hammering players ole isnt £#%&!ing unique ..
When Ole is winning us the league year in year out he can say Fred is the next Zidane.

Unread 23-08-2021, 12:51 PM
Gypsum Fantastic

can people stop floating the idea of building the manchester united team around donny van de beek ffs.

Unread 23-08-2021, 12:58 PM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gypsum Fantastic
can people stop floating the idea of building the manchester united team around donny van de beek ffs.
Is anyone doing that?*

*apart from Bunks, obvs.