United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 12-12-2017, 11:51 AM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
We're not doing a quick fix though, are we. We've only signed 6 players in 2 years. City signed 13 and spent 490m, now that was a quick fix.

Besides, we're 4 places higher in the table than this time last year, we're 6 points better off, we've scored 12 more goals won 3 more games.

All we can do is improve year on year.
Mourinho by definition is a £#%&!ing quick fix

Actually been quite impressed with the age of some of his signings though tbf.

Unread 12-12-2017, 11:55 AM
92ToBury

Quote:
Originally Posted by TripDownMiseryLane
Utter shite, I worked for them for 8 years and they are much the same as any one else, @#%&!s are @#%&!s, cool and the gang are cool and your a fool.
We've bought from Spurs for plenty of years, always paid top whack and generally been low-balled on players going the other way.

Unread 12-12-2017, 12:02 PM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by 92ToBury
We've bought from Spurs for plenty of years, always paid top whack and generally been low-balled on players going the other way.
can't really complain.

Unread 12-12-2017, 12:10 PM
Cream

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denis Irwell
It’s in their culture. It’s not a myth. Worse people in the world to deal with unless you’re one of them. Trust me , I’ve lived in or next door to Cheetham Hill and Gatley and done plenty of biz in both. Hope I don’t get arrested .
My dad's side are Jews from Cheetham Hill.

For all his numerous faults, tightness isn't one of them.

I'll not 'trust you' if that's ok?

Quote:
Another right wing yonner writes.

Do one.

Unread 12-12-2017, 12:22 PM
92ToBury

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cream
My dad's side are Jews from Cheetham Hill.

For all his numerous faults, tightness isn't one of them.

I'll not 'trust you' if that's ok?

Another right wing yonner writes.

Do one.
Get of your high horse you silly #@&%!.

I've got Jewish friends who delight in playing up to their stereotype.

Oh and off topic but Santos has gone to shit since it changed hands.

Unread 12-12-2017, 12:43 PM
Cream

Quote:
Well if the other pudding is correct, two sets of Jews should be happy to do fair business with each other?

Does not compute.

Quote:
Get of your high horse you silly #@&%!.

I've got Jewish friends who delight in playing up to their stereotype.

Oh and off topic but Santos has gone to shit since it changed hands.
Thanks for playing.

Unread 12-12-2017, 01:43 PM
Shade

There's also another problem.

Because United have so many shit@#%&!s in the team, getting rid of a large number of them in one summer and replacing them with new players creates a very high risk of relying on the new players to adapt immediately.

For example, if we £#%&!ed off Smalling, Jones, Darmian and Rojo in one transfer window, their replacements would mean virtually an entirely new defence. The risk is that the new defenders could turn out to be even shitter than the ones United sold.

This summer, there should be a minimum of 5 out and 5 in. But we all know what's going to happen. United will spend £95m on a big name and get 2 average players in. And possibly get some aging player on a free to cut costs.

Unread 12-12-2017, 01:45 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shade

Because United have so many shit@#%&!s in the team, getting rid of a large number of them in one summer and replacing them with new players creates a very high risk of relying on the new players to adapt immediately.

For example, if we £#%&!ed off Smalling, Jones, Darmian and Rojo in one transfer window, their replacements would mean virtually an entirely new defence. The risk is that the new defenders could turn out to be even shitter than the ones United sold.

This summer, there should be a minimum of 5 out and 5 in. But we all know what's going to happen. United will spend £95m on a big name and get 2 average players in. And possibly get some aging player on a free to cut costs.
You never know, one of these years we may get to see what Bailly and Lindelof look like together at the back, that's if the pair of them aren't injured every 5 mins of course.

Unread 12-12-2017, 01:46 PM
dunk

Quote:

We'd have Bailly, Lindelof, Tuanzebe and TFM to take up the slack..

Unread 12-12-2017, 01:47 PM
Cream

Quote:

That's why we need to buy in January. Give them time to settle in before getting new players in over summer.

Unread 12-12-2017, 01:47 PM
Billy Redface

Quote:

Because United have so many shitc***s in the team, getting rid of a large number of them in one summer and replacing them with new players creates a very high risk of relying on the new players to adapt immediately.

For example, if we f***ed off Smalling, Jones, Darmian and Rojo in one transfer window, their replacements would mean virtually an entirely new defence. The risk is that the new defenders could turn out to be even shitter than the ones United sold.

More should have gone this summer.

I'm very surprised neither Smalling or Jones were sold in the summer with the arrival of Lindelof.

We have 5 centre backs and I don't 100% trust any of them.

Unread 12-12-2017, 01:50 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy Redface

I'm very surprised neither Smalling or Jones were sold in the summer with the arrival of Lindelof.

More like £#%&!ing 7

Smalling, Jones, Rojo, Lindelof, Bailly, Blind, Tuanzebe.. even Darmian can play there

No wonder we're £#%&!ing defensive.

Unread 12-12-2017, 01:59 PM
Billy Redface

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
More like f***ing 7

Smalling, Jones, Rojo, Lindelof, Bailly, Blind, Tuanzebe.. even Darmian can play there

No wonder we're f***ing defensive.
Indeed. Completely saturated and yet we have two wingers playing at full back every week.

Despite all the investment, the squad is still an unbalanced mess.

The article has a point. The turnover should be higher and the areas that are not 'the spine' need more attention. Because the likes of Young, Valencia, Fellaini, Lingard can be effective and their adaptability and desire to fight for their place is admirable, it almost distracts from how sub-par they are.

Then before you know it, you're starting with 6 of the f***ers at Anfield or only 2 of the current manager's signings are starting against City* and the shortcomings rear their head again.

We need two new full backs, a new central midfielder, a new winger (possibly two) and we should have a better striker than Lukaku. He won't be moved on so we need to hope he can turn it around..... all of the above need to be first team 11 ready.

If we had that, we could more comfortably f*** off the likes of Blind, Darmian, Jones, Smalling, Shaw, Herrera, Carrick, Mata, Young without batting an eyelid.

We can point to how much has been spent, but it is what it is. Each summer and winter window hasn't been building a squad so much as correcting it. I think we're just about getting there with a better spine and individual quality, but id like to see us being more ruthless.

*some of which is his own fault ofcourse.

Unread 12-12-2017, 02:01 PM
Buck

Quote:
Daniel Levy is an excellent chairman.

While Woodward talks about social media likes in between throwing cash at the problem hoping it will fix itself, Levy has financed and overseen the building of a new training ground, now doing a new stadium and managed to get his club into the Top 4 with a negative net spend.

People use their relative low wages as a stick to beat them with but the fact is the players signed the contracts. For the long term. No one put a gun to their head. If they leave it's for top dollar.

United need to get meritocracy back again. The squad is bloated so it's hard to bring through youth when there are 20-somethings on 80k a week sitting on the sidelines and blocking the path. And those players will make it hard to f*** off because they're going to have to take a significant pay cut elsewhere. That's why we get low-balled on outgoing players.

Unread 12-12-2017, 02:03 PM
That Boy Ronaldo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy Redface

Spot on.

He's been too soft when it comes to departures. Especially as he had 6 months before the job to see who was/wasn't good enough.

There's 10 in the squad which need £#%&!ing off ASAP. Don't care what money is involved they can't be trusted so let someone else watch the mistakes.

Unread 12-12-2017, 02:08 PM
AK14

Perhaps we had not reasonable offers for the players that he didn't want...

Or perhaps the club wouldn't sign any replacements for the players he wanted rid...

Quote:
Originally Posted by That Boy Ronaldo!
Spot on.

He's been too soft when it comes to departures. Especially as he had 6 months before the job to see who was/wasn't good enough
What the £#%&! are you on about?

Was he sneaking into training in Van Gaals duffel bag or something

Quote:
Don't care what money is involved they can't be trusted so let someone else watch the mistakes.
You were bitching that we lost money on the Zaha sale yesterday ffs

Unread 12-12-2017, 02:23 PM
MOE1948

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
We're not doing a quick fix though, are we. We've only signed 6 players in 2 years. City signed 13 and spent 490m, now that was a quick fix.

Besides, we're 4 places higher in the table than this time last year, we're 6 points better off, we've scored 12 more goals won 3 more games.

All we can do is improve year on year.

2016 7 6 3 22 17 5 27pts
2017 11 2 3 36 11 25 35pts

Unread 12-12-2017, 04:43 PM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
We'd have Bailly, Lindelof, Tuanzebe and TFM to take up the slack..

leaving valencia free to play in midfield. yhgr

Unread 12-12-2017, 05:19 PM
Denis Irwell

Quote:
Originally Posted by TripDownMiseryLane
Utter shite, I worked for them for 8 years and they are much the same as any one else, @#%&!s are @#%&!s, cool and the gang are cool and your a fool.
First hand experience over a lot more than 8 years

Must’ve made it up though

Unread 12-12-2017, 05:26 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by MOE1948
2016 7 6 3 22 17 5 27pts
2017 11 2 3 36 11 25 35pts
Same number of defeats, which is arguably the most important stat there if we actually want to win the league again.
Closed Thread