United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 09-03-2007, 06:33 PM
Luffy

come to think of it teams must be £#%&!ign perplexed by it all, we're playing awful but beating all comers, no one will know how to play against us.

how exactly DO you stop us from nicking a goal? defend backs against the wall and hope no one produces any magic or attack us and hope we dont counter?

must be quite irritating for opposition coaches to come and spy on us only to see horrendous performances but clean sheet after clean sheet.

Unread 09-03-2007, 07:07 PM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
you can say what you like, but it seems obvious to most that our form has taken a dive recently and it's mostly down to fergie feeling the pressure of leading the pack. we're much better facing a challenge than we are trying to hold a lead of any sort. any time a draw would be a good result, we are horrible to watch.

we have relied on star players finding a bit of magic. that's not a formula for success, it's a gamble. our luck will run out at some point. it would be better if we had a team coached to attack in a coherent manner. in a way, I'm glad to see the back of larsson, because I'd much rather see saha leading the line. so, I suspect, would rooney.
You're going off at a tangent now ffs!

Since the loss at Arsenal we've only played 5 league games; two utter cruises with a few squad players chucked in either side of the Spurs game. And then two late steals in classic 99 style at Fulham and Liverpool.

We were the better team against Lille though hardly showed it, especially for long spells at OT. And our reserves scored more in 10 minutes at Reading than Reading managed in the rest of the game.

My point really is that of the last 6 games only 2 have been in the league which is our only true ambition for this season. Not really surprising all these other games have side-tracked us.

I'm buzzing about Roma, but Bolton is far more important.

Unread 09-03-2007, 08:51 PM
Firswood Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luffy
come to think of it teams must be £#%&!ign perplexed by it all, we're playing awful but beating all comers, no one will know how to play against us.

how exactly DO you stop us from nicking a goal? defend backs against the wall and hope no one produces any magic or attack us and hope we dont counter?

must be quite irritating for opposition coaches to come and spy on us only to see horrendous performances but clean sheet after clean sheet.
Its got to really piss them off, luckily we have a lot of players who can produce the odd moment of brilliance. I'm not a fan of the football been played but its definately the best way to go in Europe this year. If Scholsey and Giggs were 10 years younger I don't think we'd playing football like this.

Unread 19-03-2007, 06:03 PM
thatsfuctit

doesn't fancy us now

http://www.worldfootballers.com/foot...nal-17228.html

Unread 19-03-2007, 06:08 PM
Tumescent Throb

Ancelotti says "we're doomed, we'll never get by United"

Unread 19-03-2007, 06:25 PM
Fountz

Cool Lazy stereotyping..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torquemada
When have italians ever given a flying £#%&! about whether it was pretty or not? For them it's all about 1-0. nft.
From the "All Germans are efficient-Brazillians are sublimely gifted-English play it in the air" school of football pundetry..

I was going to look for footage of Milans two 4-0 wins from '89 and '94 on YouTube, but quite frankly I can't be arsed.
Closed Thread